3.1 affliction glyphs

I have read and know what glyphs are theoretically the best to use for affliction in 3.1, however, which glyphs should be used before those glyphs are discovered? After the patch immolate and siphon glyphs are garbage and the remaining possible glyphs are sad in comparison to life tap and haunt glyphs. In my opinion, affliction will be affected the most out of all specs until the new glyphs are available.

Re: 3.1 affliction glyphs

Until the new ones are found, just stick with glyph of corruption, glyph of agnoy and...idk, pray that ONE of the new ones is found fast to fill in this last glyph slot for you :P

15+ Year Old Account

For now you want Glyph of Haunt, Glyph of Life Tap, and Glyph of Agony. No need for Corruption with points in Nightfall IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Slotter
    For now you want Glyph of Haunt, Glyph of Life Tap, and Glyph of Agony. No need for Corruption with points in Nightfall IMO.
    His point was that Glyph of Haunt and Glyph of Life Tap need to be discovered, they won't be available right away. Until then, what do we use in the mean time?

I was thinking of replacing Immolate with Corruption and Siphon Life with either UA or Shadow Bolt (probably Shadow Bolt) while I wait for the two other glyphs get picked up.
    Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Slotter
    Aside from the fact that the OP was asking what glyphs to use until haunt and life tap are discovered....your statement about corruption makes no sense. You are aware that nightfall and glyph of corruption stack right?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lichlôrd
    Aside from the fact that the OP was asking what glyphs to use until haunt and life tap are discovered....your statement about corruption makes no sense. You are aware that nightfall and glyph of corruption stack right?
    Must have overlooked the discovery part, my bad. Prior to them being discovered I'll agree the Corruption Glyph and UA Glyph may be the best to replace Immolate or Siphon Life and those would be the two replaced when Haunt and Life Tap are discovered.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by daonar
    No brainer, really:

Glyph of Haunt
    Glyph of Corruption
    Glyph of Life Tap.
    I disagree. Once the Glyphs are found I agree with Haunt and Life Tap, but the CoA Glyph has been tested to be higher DPS than the Corruption Glyph. This of course was prior to 3.1 so post patch with the revised tree's, I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by daonar
    No brainer, really:

Glyph of Haunt
    Glyph of Corruption
    Glyph of Life Tap.
    OP asked for what to use until Haunt and Life Tap glyphs are discovered.

Personally, I'm going to use Curse of Agony, Corruption, and Unstable Affliction glyph until Haunt and Life Tap researched.

15+ Year Old Account

An empty glyph slot.

Just hope that the major glyphs become available sometime in the next few days. I'm sure there are hardcore Inscribers on every realm.
    For the Alliance!

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Why do we have only 1 halfassed scribe in our guild? This must be the least used profession ever.

Gratz to the one finding haunt and lifetap on the first day, you'll make millions.

You would make millions and then get banned for hacking it
    I dont think you can discover both on the same day... its one discovery every 24 hours (iirc ;D)

These two glyphs are discovered through Book of Glyph Mastery. I don't think there's a time limit, just a volume limit as they are world drops and probably hard to come by. (But I don't know for sure).

Our guild inscriptionist says he's probably going to camp the AH for any books that might appear.
    Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.