Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: TTW and activating it

Any 25 man raid should have some sort of snare on the boss at all times.

You can always get a fellow mage to spec frost or ffb to bite the bullet in dps otherwise :P

sad thing is i am the only other mage we had one mage get laid off and had to stop playing and the other had to get a divorce so im pretty lonely trying to help a newbie get his mage geared out so he can at least make it through naxx, hell even get him through some heroics so the option of having a differnt mage do anything is outta the question but ftr our guild is recruiting mages Earthen Ring on a differnt note I pushed out 4.2K in ten man VoA on the new boss little lower on the new ulduar bosses we got down in the siege wing but still trying to learn fights and its a lot more moving that naxx. for some strange reason no matter how high my repair bill gets it sure is good to be wiping again though....in a general sense

More movement = more haste = more casts

Not sure if I'm spelling this right but Miks scrolling battle text is a decent addon. I run 57/3/11 and was having trouble always seeing my procs. The text (and audio if you want it) help me to focus on the rotation and fight more. It's fairly simple and customizable. I'm not saying it's the best, but it's an option, and it can be used for more than just your hot streak procs.

Mage Alert is awesome. Your screen flashes red and you also get audio that says "hot streak". I also use a addon called god like. Basically when you crit it can say god like-only for big numbers though. Or amazing. It just depends on how hard you are hitting but it can be very helpful during fights.

Mage Alert is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Boblet
    Thunder Clap, Frost Fever, Judgements of the Just, Infected Wounds.
    good list! I'd also add "Curse of Tongues" and "Waylay"

I wonder what the name of the frostbolt chill effect is... I can't find the name of the debuff

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzledorff
    While he's throwing FFB out there he might as well run up and pop off a CoC.
    Lawl
    "Behold the turtle. He only makes progress when he sticks his neck out."

everything seemed to straighten its self out with the warrior tank coming back which means that the other tanks were fail. I was doing 5.3K on Ignis trash last night in just 10 man since I got that glyph of living bomb which luckly i didn't have to pay 5ooG for which is what it was going for on my server. so thanks for all the help and advice as for the addons I haven't gotten on set up yet I downloaded the power aura on or whatever but haven't used it, I got my UI changed around a bit so its a little easier to notice the HS but I feel like im still missing them but anyhow thanks again for all the help

Deleted

I'd recommend Scorchio2.

Tracks close to everything a mage needs to keep track of - scorch, LB, Hot Streak duration, Polymorph... With sound warnings as well as messages ("player x broke sheep on mob y with spell z"). Also goes for the frost/arcane variants (instant fireball, fingers of frost, lazorz). All very neat and easy to look at. Personally, I just moved it close to my castbar, and everything is easy to keep a track.

Sadly, it doesn't keep track of TTW. But, at least in all the raids I have been in, some sort of slow has been present - Death Knights (even the DPS ones) use frost fever, warrior tanks use TC etc.

I'd recommend Scorchio2.

Tracks close to everything a mage needs to keep track of - scorch, LB, Hot Streak duration, Polymorph...
    Magealert does all this, with voice alerts like "Arcane Barrage" and such.

I dont really need it but its fun to see the screen flash and the voice tell me when something procs.

Being one of the top downloads from curse.com, I recommend it.