15+ Year Old Account

Is aura mastery worth it?

Aura mastery....
    its very useful in PvP situations yes, and kinda fun to have a 'nitro boost' on your mount.
    but is it right for Ret paladins?
    I mean, once we have all our Ret - dps increasing talents we are left with 17 talent points. six of which will go to divine strength, leaving us with 12 (just enough to get aura mastery)

is this worth it? should i spec into Divine purpose, vindication, divinity, and SoC?

i really like aura mastery, but it would be nice for blizz to move it up a tier (tier1 plz)
    -----still looking for a good signature.. -__-

Re: Is aura mastery worth it?

No, it's definitely not worth it. Aura Mastery doesn't work with the improved version of auras, just the base aura effects. For ret you would only get the dmg shield on ret aura doubled. In additional there are absolutely no good tier 1 talents for ret to spec into in holy, and the tier 2 talents are fairly lackluster as well. Holy Light and Unyielding Fate are ok, but really this spec into prot would be MUCH better than going for Aura Mastery:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...0&version=9767

agreed. totally worthless. as for the posted spec I wouldn't take toughness but instead guardian's favor and a couple of dumped points in stoicism, the toughness contradicts going into the tree for Div. sac. - it's a raid talent and toughness is a solo/tanking talent. if you're not getting hit you don't need armor and if you are then you don't need Divine sacrifice.

Quote Originally Posted by calinos
    Aura mastery....
    its very useful in PvP situations yes, and kinda fun to have a 'nitro boost' on your mount.
    I think casting it will dismount you. But your groupmates will thank you until they run out of your 40 yard range.

calinos, if you like Aura mastery, go ahead and take it. I think improved divine sacrifice has better utility, but I'm not paying your monthly fees. And it's not like you're skipping any dps talents.

15+ Year Old Account

tested that some weeks ago and it does not dismount you.

that would be the only reason why i would take AM.

so, its not worth it at all.