15+ Year Old Account

Starting with Shaman again - Resto PvP

Hey all,

So, I've been playing Resto Shaman for like 2 and a half season on level 70, and I'm starting to feel like healing in arena again. Good time to get my Shaman some levels up!
    Now my question is, since I haven't been following the shaman class and changes lately, what would be a good PvP Spec for Resto Shaman at 3.1? Have been figuring it out myself but when I finally fill it up with 71 points, I decide to put some points somewhere else. I can't decide which build would be best.

This is what I was thinking of for level 80:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#hZ0xG...sxkbIot:maqMcV

Any comments/suggestions are welcome

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: The glyphs I've put in there ARE NOT the ones I will be using

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Starting with Shaman again - Resto PvP

You can check one of 6k threads that are out there...

15+ Year Old Account

Thanks for the very usefull answer!

Oww and, I didn't see any Resto Shaman PvP spec tread on the last 3 pages, that's why I asked. You don't HAVE to be a dickhead

You might wanna try something more in line with this: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#hZ0xg...sgzbIRt:LjqMcV

And the cost of toughness is quite high so depending on who you are running arena with it might not be worth it.

I'm going with RET in 2 vs 2 at least.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

From first page :

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=49336.0

Just because it's named Resto 3.1 specs, doesnt mean it's for PvE, does it?

And this one is from page 3, fourth from the bottom (at moment i write this):

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=48809.0

Face it you were to lazy to search, like everyone who comes to 'new' (to them) forum and wants an aswer NOW, cause he's most important guy on the earth. And then you call me a dickhead...

I will go for http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...0&version=9767
    Toughness is worth the points and no need for imp ES.

I will continue to play ret pala/resto shaman in Season 6.
    Loving it uptill now.

This will be my spec.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...6&version=9767

Left mana tide out because i outlast almost everycomp thanks to replenishment especially now divine plea (thank god) is dispellable again.

Took toughness because i will be gettin blessing of kings also so its really nice for my survivability.

Can always switch to mana spring if needed (since it doesnt stack with Blessing of Wisdom any longer)

I have maxed out my dispell protection because they are a danger to my comp and with dispell protection and replenisment as a extra thrashbuff it will be hard to dispell me and will mostly take several GCD's.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Instant
    From first page :

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=49336.0

Just because it's named Resto 3.1 specs, doesnt mean it's for PvE, does it?

And this one is from page 3, fourth from the bottom (at moment i write this):

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=48809.0

Face it you were to lazy to search, like everyone who comes to 'new' (to them) forum and wants an aswer NOW, cause he's most important guy on the earth. And then you call me a dickhead...

Nearly all speccs in there are PvE builds, and yes, I am new to this forum... obviously.... : (You were kidding right?)

Thanks for all other comments so far.

EDIT: I see most people do not take Mana Tide Totem, which I fully understand. But no IMP Healing Wave and Healing Way? Explain

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Yes you are NEW to SHAMAN PART of MMO forum. That's what i meant.

I see post counter, and i know you like to spam in different parts of mmo forum :P
    What i dont like is when people come to forum which is my favourite and ask same things over, and over again even though they have answers in other topics. I dont like when first page of forum is made of threads 'Resto/Elem/Enh PvP/PvE builds'. Cause all that was already answered.

Im sure you can understand me.

And even though there were lots of PvE builds in that thread, there also were linked PvP builds.

15+ Year Old Account

If that's what you meant, then say it like that.

And yes, I'm really spamming this forum. Wohoo, I posted like 5 posts in the last month. Link me a post where I spammed this forum with not saying anything on-topic. You won't find one except a few: ''QFT'', ''^This'' kinda-like posts.

What are you waiting for?!

Gief us the comps you are thinking about and we will give u proper speccs.

Healing way and healing wave are left out by the majority because its to easy to interupt, if u need a heal that big its dangerous and there are to many talents we want in pvp that are better overal.

We simply cannot spend 5-8 points on making one spell good against comps that barely have interupts.

Mana tide is certainly not bad but once u hit 1900+ most teams will destroy it and you will only have very little windows where u can place it out of LoS of both players and pets where it can actually get 2+ ticks.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Im not sure if it's my fault that you didnt see joke in my statement bout spamming, or is it your fault. I thought that emoticon would be enough tbh.

Do you actually think i checked out where and what you posted in last month to say that you're spaming? I saw yout post counter being at 1.2k so i made a joke bout you spamming... nothing else. And i wrote 'new' in my second post, to point that shaman forum is new to you...

And again, if everyone comes here and ask for 'shaman build' we'll have nothing but threads like that, you might not care, cause when you get your answer you wont come here again, but i do care cause i like shaman forum.

It's nothing personal, really.

Others answered your questions bout actual game, so i dont think i should repeat it.

Cheers.

15+ Year Old Account

Was thinking about going with a Ret Pala or maybe a Fury Warrior. I liked the Resto Shaman/Arms Warrior in TBC, so that's why I might pick a Fury Warrior.
    Seeing Resto Shaman/Ret Pala doing very well now makes me want the same setup tho, there just aint alot of good Ret Pala's without a team at this moment, which is the case with Fury Warriors.

Anyway, it's either one of them

Im not sure if it's my fault that you didnt see joke in my statement bout spamming, or is it your fault. I thought that emoticon would be enough tbh.
    Then sorry, didn't see it as a joke after your previous post.

And i wrote 'new' in my second post, to point that shaman forum is new to you...
    Well... it's not. Just haven't been here alot LATELY.

Either way i would never ever take Elemental Weapons over gaurdian totems.

Grounding totem is just so sexy i dont have words for it.
    If i had to choose between heroism and grounding it would be grounding hands down.
    Learn 2 use it and love it. A bit of spellpower will never save u and grounding will.

I think i would advise some dispell protection aswell. If your tidal waves gets dispelled you are loosing allot and the same goes for earthshield and heroism.

On a side note never just plainly press heroism vs any class with dispells unless u have good pressure on them but you should know that if you have played in the past

2-3 points in nature's gaurdian is also really good.

Wether or not to take mana tide/toughness/additional crit (or additional leftover points) is a matter of personal choice if u ask me.
    All of them aint gamebreaking so i would advise u to do some matches and decide what u feel u need the most. (also all of them can be fixed through gear)