Breaking old habits: 3.1 Hunger for Blood

I've been aprehensive about this change since it was announced. From the get-go, I've been worried that this would turn out to be a nerf as opposed to a buff. The bad just seemed to always outweigh the good when i was thinking about it.

Now that 3.1 is here and I've tested it a bit in ulduar(and I must say, i've never had more fun on a boss as i did against flame laviathan), I'm a little warmed up to it. It is far less cumbersome that it once was, and keeping it up is not as prevalent as it was a day ago. It's good to not have to worry about it as much, and not having to blow vanish if it ends up falling(which it rarely did, but still was not unheard of). The only thing now I'm having trouble with is figuring out WHEN to use it(My fingers still try to fire it up before I'm even on the mob, lol).

So, heres what i've come up with for the time being, until i find a better tested parse from a more reliable source than my own self. assuming the mob is still untouched:

1: garrote
    2: HfB
    3: SnD
    4: Mut to 4+
    5: envenom with 60+ energy
    6: continue with usual cycle.

a problem i've had with this is trying to refresh HfB with the least amount of time like i'm used to, only to have it drop because Rupture dropped when i was staring at my HfB bar.

Hopefully someone will write an add-on that shows when HfB can be used. sure someone's going to say "you can just check yourself, nub", but that'd be one less thing to worry about when i need to be worrying more about positioning and timing in new content.

Re: Breaking old habits: 3.1 Hunger for Blood

there will always be bleeds on raid bosses (warriors, feral druids etc), and hfb doesnt need YOUR bleeds it just needs bleeds on the target. you should never have a problem with it.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lothar&n=Lionize

True for 25mans, not necessarily for 10mans.

there are many add-ons that can tell you what debuff are on your current target

an example add-on is "Need to Know"

I'm not 100% sure if it works for debuffs applied from others though.

The Rupture you apply SHOULD be one of the most important debuffs on your add-on timer. And especially with the 4 piece T8 set bonus It's not a bad thing to start making it habit to keep Rupture up as much as possible

Being that Hfb is now really forgiving on energy (15 is dirt cheap) I don't think it should be a problem so just hit it <1 left on it. Get the most out of it pretty much is what im trying to say, hopefully you don't lag though :-[
    I want to have a child and use it as a pulling tool in dungeons.

If you want, you can check out an older MoD, which I use for many different toons, called Power Auras. You can have it place a graphical reminder on the screen to show when either HfB is down, or Rupture has fallen off a target if you happen to be the only player providing bleeds at the time.

I play a Mage as my main, but also have a 80 Rogue (Which I love ;D) And these new changes will take a bit of getting used to and to be honest, Power Auras does make it a bit easier.

Here is a link to it if you would like to check it out:
    http://wowinterface.com/downloads/in...asClassic.html

Hope that helps you a bit.

Rogue Power Bars has always been sufficient enough for me to watch rupture, snd, and hfb timers.
    "Our logic is actually pretty simple. If hybrid classes can do the same dps as pure classes, then why have pure classes in the game? So we design the pure classes to do slightly higher dps." -Ghostcrawler 3/22/2009
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=15864857264&pageNo=4&sid=1#66

Quote Originally Posted by danightryder
    I don't think it should be a problem so just hit it <1 left on it. Get the most out of it pretty much is what im trying to say, hopefully you don't lag though :-[
    And if you got lag, and it stays off for 1 sec, it's always good that it's only 1 stack now. So still, shouldn't even be a big problem to drop it for 1 sec.

EDIT: Question answered in an Earlier post.... my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by couplemate
    Call me silly however I cannot find any text on Glyph of HfB anyone know what the go is ? I cannot find it yet on my server
    Seems like it has to be discovered, there've been several glyphs that are not on the servers yet, most of them being as important as HfB is. (The Mutilate Glyph is trainable though.)

I've always used Classtimer which works perfectly. i just configure it so HfB and Rupture bars are next to each other.
    Dicedz || Rogue on Shattered Hand PvP EU.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&n=Dicedz