Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted

Re: Ulduar 25-Man First Kills - Update #8

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodelfer
    achievements arent content!
    i don't understand such a messages, i mean wtf, they made a game where everyone have a free choice...if you raid 2 days a week you choose easy mode and see the game (you pay money for it) if you raiding 7/7 you choose hard modes, see the game (you pay money for it), get better loot and running around dalaran shouting "I got better violet pixels than you, casual jerk"..

The best thing of the Woltk is that the game became less addictive and you have a choice..receive welfare epics and waste less time on it, while your charachter looks nice ..or receive superdupermario epics and looks better but using more your free time for the game...

whats wrong with the thing that people have choice?

Quote Originally Posted by Nasok
    whats wrong with the thing that people have choice?
    Because to them, watching Average Joe have the same shot at 'looking like them' or 'experience the same' whilst they feel they 'are working so hard for these' is a concept that terrifies their feeble minds.

It rhymes with 'caring' and it starts with an 's', and a whole lot more people should try doing it.

Ulduar and WOTLK to a certain extent, like TBC, is nothing else then a learning experience to them in game design. It's called 'development'. And if this gives Blizzard
    (or other companies in the industry) valuable information on 'what to do' and 'what not to do' for future MMO games to come, it's win-win for the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Maul
    I miss the good old days. No raid should ever be able to reach the last boss in one day in a new dungeon.
    The only reason people did -not- clear entire instances in 1-2 weeks was because they were impossible to kill and nerfed later on. You did not have normal/hardmode, you did not have PTRs, you did not have 2-3 years of "training" behind you doing encounters.

If you would create a pretbc server and put 40 people in blue gear there who cleared naxx40 and AQ40 before, they would race through the content at the same speed you see them clearing bosses now.

Really? Are you people so shallow that you have to sit there and whine because something isn't hard to make you look like a badass in gear? Arrogance in it's highest form, I say.

P.S. Really, blizz could've made YS bigger, now come on.

Hey, just to the people who keep saying these guilds 'farmed the bosses for months on the ptr', that's pretty much a load of crap

My guild tested ulduar every time it was up on the ptr and here are a few facts:

ALL the bosses that were EVER in ulduar on the PTR were *either* US or EU tested. E.g, EU never tested Ignis, US never tested razorscale, EU never tested hodir, US never tested Auriaya etc etc.

So they didnt 'farm all the bosses for months/weeks'.

Secondly of the bosses that were available blizzard NEVER put them up for more than two hours total. Frequently that two hours was cut in half by server/instance instability, half your raid getting locked into a loading screen etc.
    Other times blizz just booted everyone out without warning, one time we cleared to hodir were about to pull and...ghetto hearths everyone, instance not found.
    Some of those bosses were tested for 2 hours ever, most werent up for more than 2 sets of 2 hours.

Farmed for weeks. Lol I dont think so.

Oh BTW...US razorscale first kill screenshot is timestamped at 11:13pm but "player with the screenshot is on argentina time". Dodgy much?

Quote Originally Posted by Khahla
    Oh BTW...US razorscale first kill screenshot is timestamped at 11:13pm but "player with the screenshot is on argentina time". Dodgy much?
    No one gives a damn about Razorscale first kill.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

Quote from Ghostcrawler:
    ... We don't want to push all warlocks, even in PvP, towards Destruction just to get these big hits or crits ...
    Some may argue that the fear nerf (although justified) was the main reson to push all the warlocks towards destruction... It may not be fun to have warlocks DOTing and then fearing everyone in sight until they die, but maybe demonology could be slightly more of a usefull arena spec. Would be nice to see some more work in that direction aswell.

A spec that would go all the way down to Metamorphosis, which grants pretty good bonuses is still simply something that is in the shadow of affliction or destruction... Some see warlock's as a different path from fire mages or necromancers, which destruction and affliction are pretty close to.
    The demonic power that grants an ability to gain a shape and power of a demon is a trademark of demonology, and with the fear nerf, and destruction looking as the only real warlock path now, it would be really nice to see demonology gaining some glory. Right now it just has to many flaws and missing certain things to become a solid arena spec.

Ensidia just downed Yogg-Saron.
    http://bloody.dingblog.com/blog.php

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodz
    Ensidia just downed Yogg-Saron.
    Yep.

our EU-Server lagged that much that we couldn't go for first kills. Nevertheless, it was playable (and for once we didn't stuck in a dead-instance-server) at around 22h00 and we went for our server-2nd... today will follow more bosses, if playable...which won't be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    No one gives a damn about Razorscale first kill.
    The guilds involved probably do, if your guild did it wouldnt you care/find it neat?

Easy mode is hard guys.

Remind this when you do hard modes.

Gearscore: A new way to see who fail at their class. 'Cause itemization is too hard... You need d/n-umbers.

You guys talk about hard mode and such...imo its just STUPID those modes...IF you want to KILL a boss, you do it in ONE WAY and thats all, IF you CAN'T kill that way, better luck next time!!!!

Thats how i take things in wow, sorry i ment , thats how i took things in wow, no gayish modes to kill or something, sure Pre-tbc and a bit in the start of the TBC the game was 100 times harder in general (doesn't mean just boss's, i mean in all).
    Sure its more fun if you have the gear you want every week, that was the main problem pre-tbc for most of us, it could had been fixed by adding more loot per kill not by easymode killing boss's...

Sure most of you ellitists jerks wont agree with my opinions, why would i care? i don't...

I'm happy i don't play this game anymore, sure was fun while it lasted, but felted more like a job when you do nothing but you want to do more but there isn't...and i'm also sure you are happy i left, the game gets better when ppl leave right?

Anyway...goodbye \o

*yawn* Almost 48 hours into the new patch and our realm still can't run Ulduar. The first boss glitches and everyone gets to spend the next 3 hours or more locked in with no way out.

Someone wake me when Blizzard cares enough to fix the realms where the "elite" guilds don't hang out to let us know the rest of us can give it a go. Guess they are too busy making sure certain realms are at peak performance while the rest of us scrubs are supposed to ooooohhhh and aaaaahhhh at their prowess.

I'm sure its really cool for the guilds able to participate, but for the rest of us we'd just be able to be a part of the process as anyone else.

Re: Ulduar World First Kills

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I'm not starting an US / EU debate here. The best guilds will shine with the hard mode achievements.
    Achievements can't be based on this alone. It isn't a matter of who is best based on who did it first when half the servers aren't even up. Those that are keep crashing and can't allow for many guilds to even compete. All these "firsts" just mean they were lucky enough to have a stable server long enough to kill something.

Really I'm dissapointed that it took the world 2 days to finish this raid. Common guys you practiced for a month or more on ptr's you should of downed this place in no time.
    "Don't drink and WoW, you'll shard your purples!"

Re: Ulduar World First Kills

Quote Originally Posted by Lealah
    Achievements can't be based on this alone. It isn't a matter of who is best based on who did it first when half the servers aren't even up. Those that are keep crashing and can't allow for many guilds to even compete. All these "firsts" just mean they were lucky enough to have a stable server long enough to kill something.
    right now there is no stable server honestly, the guilds getting things down are the ones that as soon as they get out of the instance lock up, they go right back in to give it another shot, i know my server was locking up so much that it took us 5 trys to get flame levi down just cause it would lock up half way thru the iron army yet still alot of guilds on my server are down at yogg, general, mimiron and so forth, so just down give up and kill the bosses fast enough