Thread: Holy Glyphs

15+ Year Old Account

Holy Glyphs

Flash Heal obviously

Then the other two are a choice between; Renew / CoH / PoH

CoH is getting buffed and is used every CD most of the time anyway, Renew will increase the initial heal bonus and the PoH glyph is just a nice thing.

Re: Holy Glyphs

i would like to add another alternative, Glyph of Guardian Spirit.
    But ill probably go Glyph of Flash Heal, Glyph of CoH, Glyph of PoH

Deleted

for my holy offspec I will take glyph of CoH, PoH and guardian spirit

1. Flash Heal is obviously even more mandatory now than it was before (think serendipity...)

on places 2-4 pretty much tied are CoH, PoH and Guardian Spirit.
    Guardian Spirit can be very powerful IF you use it that way, however CoH and PoH are both increased a whopping 20% output from their glyphs, so it comes down to personal preference which of the three is left out.

A rather distant fifth place is Renew, since it requires you to cast Renew that much more often, which require both more GCDs and more mana...

I go with COH, POH and Flash heal glyphs. I just don't see the need to use any others then this.

The Guardian Spirit glyph is great and all but generally speaking there's not that many times you'd really need to use it in a fight. It's great to have as a life saver but I am not one who would be wanting to work it into my healing every minute.

The renew glyph to me is rather pointless. It makes the ticks larger but you'd have to re-apply it more often. The initial heal it does is nice and all but it can easily be pushed into overhealing a lot of times when you're just re-applying it to the tank or something so the benefit is minimal.

Just my two cents!

GoS glyph > PoH glyph.

PoH glyph is about an extra 1200 HP over IF it crits. That's almost nothing. It's good for 5 mans maybe, but in a larger group you'll have other heals and hots going off which means no time for that tiny tiny extra bit to tick.

CoH / Flash / GoS all the way

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Quote Originally Posted by glowyrm
    PoH glyph is about an extra 1200 HP over IF it crits. That's almost nothing. It's good for 5 mans maybe, but in a larger group you'll have other heals and hots going off which means no time for that tiny tiny extra bit to tick.
    Are we talking about the same glyph here?!
    My glyph always proccs, no matter whether I crit or not.

Also, in my experience that generates a LOT less overheal than randomly putting up Guardian Spirit (which causes pretty much everyone else healing that person to go deep down the overheal road).

Sure, you do not get the full 20%... But accordingly to my combat log parses, the glyphs overheal is not exceptionally high compared to my other spells.

But, as I said above, in the end it comes down to personal preference.
    In example I gain a lot more healing from the PoH glyph than the CoH glyph currently, so I would never swap that one

Using flash heal, coh and GS glyph.

I used to have PoH before I got the GS glyph and though PoH got buffed now you mostly still end up overhealing with the spell, so the glyph doesn't really add much extra.
    Guardian Spirit glyph on the other hand.. I'm totally loving it. It's very rare that a tank (mostly saving it for them) takes a mortal blow, but the 40% bonus heal effect is really nice to help out the tank healers. Heck I even did a 12k flash heal crit on a tank last night when GS was up, my greater heals usually do 10k non crit, so go figure..

Actually I found out that if you have the effect up the chances for seeing a tank die are reduced by about 67% in my raids. The healers can spam the tanks up pretty fast again when they take a big hit, but with the additional healing done we ensure the tanks survival better then we could without it.
    IF the tank takes a mortal hit while the effect is still up then he still gets saved and usually has a heal landing on him as well, causing near 100% hp again.

From the about 25 times that I popped GS last night the effect was only consumed once, before the glyph I was afraid of popping the spell since it might be on cd when I need it harder, now I'm popping it everytime.

I go with Flash Heal, Circle of Healing, and Renew.

I think Flash Heal is pretty obvious. Even with the change to Prayer of Healing, Flash Heal still serves as a filler and as a method for stacking Serendipity. I haven't tried healing without it, but I think it's definitely one of the best three glyphs, so I see no reason to try.

Circle of Healing is also very solid. It may not be as broken as it was without the cool down, but I almost always get 6 hits out of CoH, and I have very little overheal with it. Seems like a pretty obvious choice to me.

Renew is the iffy glyph. I actually love casting renew, and I like it even more with the new Empowered Renew and seeing 2.1k ticks. It feels very useful for when people are taking steady damage, and it's nice for keeping on the tanks if the MT Healers could use a little extra healing. I haven't experimented with the usefulness without the glyph though, so I may end up switching this one out.

Next in line to me is Prayer of Healing. I definitely like the throughput aspect of it, but I theorized that much of the HoT aspect would either be overheal or simply clipped by other healers. Considering just how much I'm using Prayer of Healing, I may end up switching this glyph in over Renew.

I'm thoroughly unimpressed with the Guardian Spirit glyph. I do understand the reasoning for it, but I still don't think that the potential for a 1-minute cooldown makes it much more useful. That is, it's still too long for me to want to risk using it unless I think the tank may die without it. I suppose if we can use it to save him and it doesn't proc, I get the option to use it again sooner, but we also usually run with at least 1 other Priest, which means either a second Guardian Spirit or a Pain Suppression, if not both, and add in the cooldowns the tank has I just really can't see myself using it when a little coordination with the other Priests can't accomplish the same task.

Flash Heal because it's still the main go-to spell in my arsenal. There is no other spell I use as much as fheal, might as well make the most out of it. So the Glyph of Flash Heal is a pretty obvious choice.

Circle of Healing is actually quite good after 3.1. I used to think that this spell was extremely weak. It still is, but they did up the spell effect by 40%. Which turned out to be more like 10%. But hey. There is a major difference in using this spell now. It feels powerful again. I don't know why, but when a dozen of raiders are hit by a small aoe attack, I enter panic mode as there are lot of people low on health. One application of this later, and all those people are now just "hurt" instead of "near death". It's very psychological, but seeing 6 people going from 45% to 55% Hp is just that useful. I think I just had a change of heart regarding this spell, it's amazing what a 10% efficiency boost can do.

For the third glyph, I had a bit more trouble deciding.
    I love Guardian Spirit. I use it frequently, believing that good things are meant to be used. But my GS targets rarely die enough to trigger GS, we haev a good healing team in my guild. Getting a 1 min CD GS seems like an excellent idea. Yet... I found that I didn't use the spell that much.

So I settled on Prayer of Healing as my second Glyph. 3.1 has made me fallen in love with PoH, and the glyph makes an awesome spell all the more fantastic. Sure, it's mostly overhealing, but when it is not, this extra HoT do save lives. I found it to save more lives than the extra GS. And that's what it's all about.

That said, it's very nice to have an actual choice in glyphing. We now have four useful glyphs, and it really allows for customization based on personal style. Thumbs up. Now, if only the other 15 glyphs were remotely useful..

Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Dascia
    Actually I found out that if you have the effect up the chances for seeing a tank die are reduced by about 67% in my raids.
    Repeating of course.

Quote Originally Posted by dionadar
    Are we talking about the same glyph here?!
    My glyph always proccs, no matter whether I crit or not.

Also, in my experience that generates a LOT less overheal than randomly putting up Guardian Spirit (which causes pretty much everyone else healing that person to go deep down the overheal road).

Sure, you do not get the full 20%... But accordingly to my combat log parses, the glyphs overheal is not exceptionally high compared to my other spells.

But, as I said above, in the end it comes down to personal preference.
    In example I gain a lot more healing from the PoH glyph than the CoH glyph currently, so I would never swap that one
    Well, what I was getting at was the amount healed. PoH will crit in the high 5k to low 7k depending on your gear. Mine happen to crit around 6500+. 1200 is 20% of 6k. I chose a number in the middle.

I would rather have the life of the tank almost guaranteed most of the time, or some other important person, then the almost negligible amount from PoH glyph. You even admit that "some" of it is over healing. Even if only 1 tick of it is over healing you lost 1/2 of the 20%, making it even more negligible (I read on Wowhead it ticks twice, at 3 seconds then 6 seconds, is that correct?).

If it was 20% instant, I would probably consider it.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

GS Glyph is the most sexy glyph for a holy priest
    especially in Uldu where bosses hit like trucks.

FH CoH GS