Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Trash spec 3.1 mage

I got a FFB 0/53/18 spec for single bosses and like to use my 18/53/0 fire pvp spec for trash. Fire breath and instant Flamestrikes is more fun than spamming FFB on trash imo.

I really can't see a point in speccing just for trash pulls. A waste of 1000g if you ask me. And if you are only doing naxx, there really is no need. You can AoE on trash in any spec and be fine. If you are into Ulduar, you dont need AoE dmg anyways. Secondly, who monitors trash dps meters?

I just want to add, I read someone in a post that going 2 PvE specs is pointless unless your going frost.
    I actually specced for arcane as my main spec and FFB for secondary. That will help for longer fights if I do happen to run into mana problems.
    Considering I dont PvP much, and I can do fine as arcane when I do, so its more beneficial for me to use 2 PvE specs.
    "Behold the turtle. He only makes progress when he sticks his neck out."

Well the OP is only asking for our opinion, about a viable trash spec. Not even if he should take a trash spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagut
    I got a FFB 0/53/18 spec for single bosses and like to use my 18/53/0 fire pvp spec for trash. Fire breath and instant Flamestrikes is more fun than spamming FFB on trash imo.
    You don't even AoE the trash in Ulduar.

FLAME STRIKE RANK 9, FLAMESTRIKE RANK 8, BLIZZARD = MORE DPS AS A SINGLE TARGET RAID DPS SPEC THAN SOME RETARDED AOE SPEC THAT PREVENTS YOU FROM SPECCING TWO DIFFERENT SINGLE TARGET SPECS.

You can do whatever you want. But when you come and ask for advice about something then you will get an answer.

If I came in and asked what do you think about this 71 point frost PvE single target damage raid spec. What do you think would be the answer? Yes anyone can spec any way they want, but that is fucking retarded and it would be a dumb decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Malice83
    You can do whatever you want.
    Nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by Davvv
    lol wtf?
    Nothing to WTF about.

Blizzard actually talked about this being another way for players to further raid performance, gives a whole new meaning to speed runs.

Its unbelievable that people are paying 1000g to do single target dps and aoe dps for raids. If any mage goes up to the mobs for close range to do Dragon's Breath so they MIGHT proc Firestarter is an error in itself.

The time you spend running to the mobs is a waste when you could be sitting back spamming blizz/fs. But like I said, "if you dual spec AOE/single target dps thats fine by me".

It's your 1000g!

FS 1x then spam Blizzard and you do top 5 trash dps as any single target dps spec. Waste 1000g much?