Thread: Conflag

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Conflag

I don't like the nerf but it was a little OP, let's be real.

11k crits in Full PvP gear, 2.2k spellpower against scrubs in BG's.

7k crits on people with decent gear = 700+ resillience, I didn't feel too OP when meeting someone that actually had PvP gear. Trust me, we will see the damage being increased by the beginning of S7 when they realize that "WTF - On teh forumz they complained on teh 20k crits, but why do we only see warlocks critting for 6k in Arenaz!?". Conflag will be back up for S7, too bad they don't realize it.

It is true that PvE geared monsters shouldn't go crit people for 15k in arenas, the scrubs wouldn't even have time to fight back. Reminds me of Rogues vs. Warlocks somewhow...

Something else about conflag, has anyone else noticed that a lot of bosses seem to be immune to the spell all of a sudden? I can't hurt Sartharion and his 3 drakes, or the bosses in VoA with it anymore even though incinerate works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Proyouknow
    11k crits in Full PvP gear, 2.2k spellpower against scrubs in BG's.

7k crits on people with decent gear = 700+ resillience, I didn't feel too OP when meeting someone that actually had PvP gear. Trust me, we will see the damage being increased by the beginning of S7 when they realize that "WTF - On teh forumz they complained on teh 20k crits, but why do we only see warlocks critting for 6k in Arenaz!?". Conflag will be back up for S7, too bad they don't realize it.

It is true that PvE geared monsters shouldn't go crit people for 15k in arenas, the scrubs wouldn't even have time to fight back. Reminds me of Rogues vs. Warlocks somewhow...
    I think I saw one non 5-digit crit while BG'ing last night (in full PvP gear w/ CoE up) and it just became laughably easy to kill anyone. If you lived through conflag cd (w/ conflag glyph) you were lucky, but still dead. The nerf was VERY needed, we never needed this amount of retarded burst. Please do something about immo dispel protection, the one pally I found who realized he could cleanse my immolate became an impossibility to kill (outside of a cb > swf > conflag > shadowburn all critting). Also leave Chaos Bolt alone, its dmg is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzygnome
    Something else about conflag, has anyone else noticed that a lot of bosses seem to be immune to the spell all of a sudden? I can't hurt Sartharion and his 3 drakes, or the bosses in VoA with it anymore even though incinerate works fine.
    The "Immune" you see popping up is Aftermath, not the Conflag itself.

Just FYI theres a link on the home page to a post by ghostcrawler there nerfing the damage by 30%.

Deleted

Sorry boys,constant 8k crits on resilience kitted characters isnt balanced.People were whining about 8k arcane barrages on ZERO resilience targets.It was bound to be nerfed,although im surprised at the speed which it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Xthform
    Just FYI theres a link on the home page to a post by ghostcrawler there nerfing the damage by 30%.
    Which is probably about where it should be as far as damage. Now build dispell resistance into emberstorm blizz!

I did some BG PVP this morning before I came to work and I must say that pvp in general is a little broken atm. I caught a target in my sights and I cast shadowbolt for the +5% crit. before the SB hit the target my immolate cast was almost complete. As soon as SB hit right after so did Immolate, then BAM Conflagrate. I have no idea how much resilience the guy had but in about 1 second of reaction time for him I had executed about 20k damage with SB normal hit, Immolate normal and a Conflagrate crit for 12k. Im well geared but not top geared keep in mind.

The funny thing is as soon as I nuked this target a rogue stunned me and two shotted me to death in the time it took me to cast my cc break. so give some you take some.

My answer to all this is change the multipliers for pvp. For bosses with 20 million hit points you need to be able to do massive damage but against players with 15k hit points??? I know resilience was the planned answer to this but either a damage modifier or hit point bonus should apply only in pvp. I know we dont want pvp matches to last forever but 2 seconds... come on.

I was having fun on my Warlock FOR ONCE SINCE 3.02

... and of course they nerf it, and very fast I might add.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...sid=1&pageNo=1 GC is clearly an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Wintie

The nerf isn't the shocking part (you can't tell me you didn't see it coming if you did ANY pvp'ing yesterday) its the speed with which it came. If I was Blizzard I would have just feigned ignorance for a few days if only because every bug/obviously OP from now until the end of time will have a post citing the Conflag fix, e.g. "You nerfed Conflag in 24 hours, why can't you nerf [insert OP skill here]!!!111!!!"

If you didn't see this coming, you're completely oblivious.

I'm glad this was done, pvp and pve-wise. Long live Afflock dps.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/28/1641...reduction.html

there's your nerf... 100% down to 70%

This is freaking rediculous. They've know forever that conflagrate was doing the damage it was. why wait til now to nerf it. I want my gold back now that Ill need to respec again...

Seriously, they are nerfing our pve damage but addressing a pvp complaint. Don't get me wrong I agree that conflagrate is doing too much damage, but that's not correcting the real issue. the real issue is HOW TO BALANCE PVE AND PVP. It's just not being done correctly. I say as soon as people enter pvp their hit points are multiplied by 5. A 12k crit against a target with 80k hit points is not such a big deal. pvp matches will last a little longer but I think they should anyway.

selfbufed 13K crits in BG, buffed in WSG "berserk" I distributed 17.5K crits ;D
    edit: in full pvp gear (trinkets, rings.. all pvp)

I'm glad i sold my 50 conflag glyphs yesterday

Wow, conflag is now worse than it was Pre 3.1. Not to mention affliction and fear got nerfed into the ground. How are warlocks supposed to pvp? Kill people with shadowbolt spam?

At least pre 3.1 you could conflag off of shadowflame in pvp for some decent damage. Now if you conflag off shadowflame it does like 1k damage.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ofmanv
    Wow, conflag is now worse than it was Pre 3.1. Not to mention affliction and fear got nerfed into the ground. How are warlocks supposed to pvp? Kill people with shadowbolt spam?

At least pre 3.1 you could conflag off of shadowflame in pvp for some decent damage. Now if you conflag off shadowflame it does like 1k damage.
    L2P!

Quote Originally Posted by Ofmanv

i dont tested shadowflame but immolate with glyphs + talents, 12-13K critical conflagrate

Quote Originally Posted by Wintie

Yes, certainly the designers are stupid for nerfing an insta-gib spell.