Poll: Who's Loving the new 3.1?!

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Arms 3.1

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Arms 3.1

I have a noob question (never played Arms but thingking about it):

Do you fight in battle stance all the time because of overpower? Or is there stance-dancing involved?

it's an honest question so if you want to flame just troll away...

Oh and could anyone post a good rotation?

Quote Originally Posted by Grasshoof
    I have a noob question (never played Arms but thingking about it):

Do you fight in battle stance all the time because of overpower? Or is there stance-dancing involved?

it's an honest question so if you want to flame just troll away...

Oh and could anyone post a good rotation?
    I was going to be nice until I saw that last question.

There are so many posts on this thread and on the main WoW website's warrior forums about a warrior rotation. FIND IT.

If you aren't fighting in B-stance, what's the point in getting TfB or Unrelenting Assault? Oh, and the most important skill in the Arms tree - Rend.

In my opinion though, stay Fury.
    YOU BROKE THE RULES...
    NOW, I'LL PULL OUT ALL YOUR PUBIC HAIR!

Funny enough I do have a feeling that some players are simply going to do better in Fury than as arms. You can't really faceroll arms like fury.

I dual speced fury/arms yesterday and did only some testing on dummy and in raid enviroment... (I wasnt dummy testing on PTR, because I got quite few upgrades /hi BoH after character transfers)

As fury I did pretty much less dps on 80 dummy - like 2700-3300 Fury and 3500-3800 as Arms

In Ulduar 10man we did few tryes on Razorscale and from +/-2600 dps as arms. Then I changed spec and finished over 4000 as fury (got kill that attempt)

Anyway I havent been arms since I quit before talent overhaul at the end of Burning Crusade and I still have to learn play this spec proper especially in raid enviroment so my "testing" shouldnt be taken serious.

Definitly is much more different, from cd watching and hs spam its about proc watching and slam spam... refreshing what you think? :P

Deleted

I'm lovin' it

Quote Originally Posted by Hyson
    This is wrong. I hope you are not Arms. You are giving my spec a bad name. Please, go back to Fury. If you couldn't hang with Arms before the patch, you can't now. Go back to your set rotations.
    I swear if I hear you say "Your Spec" one more time I'm going to go off. True alot of the Warriors now are going to have NO IDEA how to play an Arms Warrior since they didn't try to when Wrath came out but at least try and "Help" them.

Arms is alot different than what it was in BC, its more Prioritizing your attacks according to how much Rage you have, and some of them have the so called "Rotation" right, just not spot on and probably mess it up 80% of the time. It is simple, just people put to much thought into it when they see the word Prioritize and think they have to overthink things when they are on a boss fight and then choke and suck at dpsing. Arms dps right now is performing slightly better than what Fury is right now. But just because it is performing better does not mean every Warrior and their mother should go to it, raid with what your guild needs as a buff. Arms is ALOT harder than what Fury will ever be, but is also RNG based to high hell even after the patch. Arms is fun, alot better than binding 3 attacks to your KB and rolling your face across it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoulin
    I swear if I hear you say "Your Spec" one more time I'm going to go off. True alot of the Warriors now are going to have NO IDEA how to play an Arms Warrior since they didn't try to when Wrath came out but at least try and "Help" them.

Arms is alot different than what it was in BC, its more Prioritizing your attacks according to how much Rage you have, and some of them have the so called "Rotation" right, just not spot on and probably mess it up 80% of the time. It is simple, just people put to much thought into it when they see the word Prioritize and think they have to overthink things when they are on a boss fight and then choke and suck at dpsing. Arms dps right now is performing slightly better than what Fury is right now. But just because it is performing better does not mean every Warrior and their mother should go to it, raid with what your guild needs as a buff. Arms is ALOT harder than what Fury will ever be, but is also RNG based to high hell even after the patch. Arms is fun, alot better than binding 3 attacks to your KB and rolling your face across it.
    Get out of my spec, Shoulin. I don't need to help them because there are stickies on here and on the WoW warrior forums that contain all necessary information. You can play a good warrior after reading those stickies and practice. All your post says to me is, "Most nubs are having trouble playing Arms." I will end this on a different note then. Get out of my class. Go play DK.
    YOU BROKE THE RULES...

Get out of my spec, Shoulin. I don't need to help them because there are stickies on here and on the WoW warrior forums that contain all necessary information. You can play a good warrior after reading those stickies and practice. All your post says to me is, "Most nubs are having trouble playing Arms." I will end this on a different note then. Get out of my class. Go play DK.
    Stop saying it's your spec/class you ****ing moron.

You're contributing 0 to this thread, trolling, so just shut up and leave.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSimtang
    Stop saying it's your spec/class you ****ing moron.

You're contributing 0 to this thread, trolling, so just shut up and leave.
    What is there to contribute when all the work has been done in stickies and other threads?
    YOU BROKE THE RULES...

I've looked at the stickies, the info there is minimal for specific questions.

Again, if you're not going to contribute some help, GTFO you douchebag.

I've looked at the stickies, the info there is minimal for specific questions.

Again, if you're not going to contribute some help, GTFO you douchebag.

Fine, kiddy. Here goes the ultimate link: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...29068231&sid=1
    TITLE OF THE THREAD: THE PVE ARMS WARRIOR COMPENDIUM & FAQ

Hm....
    YOU BROKE THE RULES...

ull never be 1 step further ur stuck to stikys like a glue, thats inside ur brain, now stop trolling noobface.

Evry1 hav access to these forums that dosnt make them good players.
    Stikies are there to be upd8-ed. And we are still at the very start of new patch.

Better delete all ur posts u only know to say 5 words = no brain

Quote Originally Posted by Drumaroth
    ull never be 1 step further ur stuck to stikys like a glue, thats inside ur brain, now stop trolling noobface.

Evry1 hav access to these forums that dosnt make them good players.
    Stikies are there to be upd8-ed. And we are still at the very start of new patch.

Better delete all ur posts u only know to say 5 words = no brain
    Sounds like a Fury player. Make sure you stay in that middle tree.
    YOU BROKE THE RULES...

Sounds like a Fury player. Make sure you stay in that middle tree.
    Yeah guys, stay out of his spec!
    Damn kids can't read these days...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenarius
    You sir, is a retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Xionor
    I'm just a shaman reading the thread, but your arrogant posts have annoyed me so damn much that I actually went on my US account and posted a plea for Arms nerfs since they were too OP. Enjoy xD
    I played Arms pre-patch. Bring the nerfs. Get people out of my spec. I applaud this.
    YOU BROKE THE RULES...

Get the fuck out of my game.
    In mediocre MMOs, people complain about some classes.
    In good MMOS, no one complains about any classes.
    In the best MMOS, people complain about every class.

I played Arms pre-patch. Bring the nerfs. Get people out of my spec. I applaud this.
    Haha, god damn, you're a loser.

"IT'S MY SPEC, GTFO, WAAAAHHHH"

Haha, god damn, you're a loser.

"IT'S MY SPEC, GTFO, WAAAAHHHH"

You can call it that.

I just refer to it as my Taste for Blood. Something, you are not worthy of.
    YOU BROKE THE RULES...

You have to be the biggest idiot I have seen around these parts in a while. Calling it "Your Spec" just because you have a sticky, want a cookie? I played Arms before Wrath, and pre-3.1 big deal, I dont call it "My Spec." You could of just as easily copy and pasted that guide from somewhere else, anyone could have. I am respected on my server for being like 1 of maybe 3 people that know how to effectively dps Arms pre and post 3.1. I have people from other servers come and talk to me, when patch hit alot of Warriors started talkin to me about rotations/gear/gemming. "Your Spec," it is nobodies spec, anyone that has experience with it pre patch could just as easily call it "Their Spec," your disgracin us.

If you want to do anything at least >>>> LINK <<<< the guide to them and not "ASSUME" that they came from playing a Fury Warrior. Jesus your so stupid.

You can call it that.

I just refer to it as my Taste for Blood. Something, you are not worthy of.
    This poster is a self-important twit.

Many of you will find that this type of person is becoming more and more prevalent in the world as a whole, along with horrible bands like Hinder and Theory of a Dead Man, who, much like this poster, should be dragged through the street and whipped with switches until they renounce their life of mediocrity and lack of character.

That aside, I like the 3.1 arms a lot, I just wish there was a Warrior spec that allowed 2 1-hand weapons to be used. It -can- work in Arms, but the trade off isn't completely balanced yet. Changing Overpower to strike with both weapons would completely cover the difference in Slam and Mortal Strike, when coupled with the more plentiful Executes.