Poll: Who's Loving the new 3.1?!

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Arms 3.1

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Arms 3.1

Would it be worth taking 2 points out of Improved MS/Imp Execute (if yes, which one?) for Weapon Mastery if you get some new gear in ulduar and the major upgrade in other stats 'cept Expertise would make you lose the Expertise cap?

cheerio.

Quote Originally Posted by xelente
    Would it be worth taking 2 points out of Improved MS/Imp Execute (if yes, which one?) for Weapon Mastery if you get some new gear in ulduar and the major upgrade in other stats 'cept Expertise would make you lose the Expertise cap?

cheerio.
    No...worse comes to worse I would enchant my gear for expertise. 2 talent points that high in the tree > 36 AP.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Quote Originally Posted by Hyson
    This is wrong. I hope you are not Arms. You are giving my spec a bad name. Please, go back to Fury. If you couldn't hang with Arms before the patch, you can't now. Go back to your set rotations.
    How is it actually wrong? Its a basic idea of how it goes. Dropping slam for procs whenever they PROC and obviously stop using slam whenever your white hit speed lowers. I'd use MS over two slams, but i'm not going to leave my GCD waiting for a freaking proc, thus I SLAM. God i hate people that think they know all.

I honestly cant see what is wrong there or what else there is to do, so please. Write something valid or do not post at all.

So again, give me valid information on how its wrong.

Arms prioritize skills over others, but at the start you usually go with rend, slam until you get a freaking proc.

I cant wrap my head around what the heck you're seeing that is wrong, so for fuck sake tell me.

From: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...29068231&sid=1

4b. Theorycraft: The Great Whack-a-Mole

Yes, I may have pointed this out several times in this compendium but Arms DPS does not follow any natural flow, like Fury or a Rogue's DPS cycle. So many times I often refer to this as "Whack a Mole" and in that, I find Arms DPS to be exponentially more fun, and challenging to squeeze the benefits out of. Over time you kind of acquire the judgment required to maximize Arms DPS as second nature, and will naturally become a whack-a-mole master, almost to a science.

One main theory behind DPS as Arms is that instead of a DPS rotation, you have a priority list to keep in your head for maximum DPS. In 25 man raids, almost all the time I'm finding myself in an "infinite rage" scenario. That is, you'll always have rage to do *something* useful, at least 99% of the time. If you aren't able to do something every GCD, either your RNG crapped out on you, or you made a bad call on something.

Here is the main priority list I use when choosing which mole to whack.

1. Rend: If the debuff has fallen off, reapply it. Also goes in tandem with #1 if you have a GCD to spare, goes great as a precursor to an SD Execute. Gauranteed 5k-7k damage over time, and keeps your TfB procs coming.

2. Overpower/SD Execute: These come hand in hand, but I use these two in parallel to each other. Both take top priority over anything else. Overpower relies completely on Taste for Blood procs, so this is why I ranked Rend as the highest priority, since you can't use the OP/Exe chain without it. The OP/Exe chain is based off of THEORY D in the above 4a Theorycrafting section.

3. Mortal Strike: If you do not have any of the above as a current option (or rend doesn't need refreshing yet). These crit up to 7k but cost 30 rage, so this is sort of parallel to...

4. Slam: I usually use this if nothing else is up, but in most cases you'll have more rage than you ever need, so MS is better than Slam just for not interrupting your white damage timer. Nonetheless, this is your last resort if Rend does not need a refresh, OP/Exe are not lit up, and MS is on cooldown.

If you're having some bad RNG, your best DPS output during these lulls is MS > Slam > Slam (Repeat) until something of higher priority comes up.

NOTE: After so much haste Slam is actually lowering your DPS. During Bloodlust I will not use Slam, but will use Heroic Strike in between MS cooldowns assuming nothing else of high priority is lit up. While Slam pauses your swing timer now, it still becomes decreasingly useful as your white swings get faster. My white swings are about 2.9 without anything up, with Windfury or Icy Talons from a DK it's ~2.6 or so, so a Bloodlust makes you cross the threshold where Slam is no longer a DPS increase, but a detriment, or at least equal to just white swinging/heroic striking.

NOTE: After so much haste Slam is actually lowering your DPS.
    [color=teal]After so much haste, your rage actually gimps itself. True story.
    During Bloodlust I will not use Slam, but will use Heroic Strike in between MS cooldowns assuming nothing else of high priority is lit up. While Slam pauses your swing timer now, it still becomes decreasingly useful as your white swings get faster. My white swings are about 2.9 without anything up, with Windfury or Icy Talons from a DK it's ~2.6 or so, so a Bloodlust makes you cross the threshold where Slam is no longer a DPS increase, but a detriment, or at least equal to just white swinging/heroic striking.
    You pause your swing timer for 0.5 seconds. How does waiting your wonderfully magic 2.6 swing timer for a heroic strike or white attack amount to doing damage right now?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    [color=teal]After so much haste, your rage actually gimps itself. True story. You pause your swing timer for 0.5 seconds. How does waiting your wonderfully magic 2.6 swing timer for a heroic strike or white attack amount to doing damage right now?
    "so a Bloodlust makes you cross the threshold where Slam is no longer a DPS increase, but a detriment, or at least equal to just white swinging/heroic striking."

If you can get a slam in, without gimping your white hits i assume its better than HS and waiting. Assuming no procs are up.

Hi i read this forum for a realy long time, but now i decide to register to say thank you. Maybe Hyson say some bad words but i have to thank him for http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...29068231&sid=1 ....the only 1 with some facts. Facts...XT 002 6.3k dps other bosses 5.2k dps. Bless blizz, they nerf fury but bring smth higher ;D