UH Tank Spec for 3.1

Hi there,

we do our weekly naxx10 run this evening and i´m kinda in a hurry, b/c we start in about half an hour and im still undone with my tanking spec (and glyphs).
    i would like to be unholy, except for you guys claiming frost as the one and only tanking build.

so pls help me out!

Re: UH Tank Spec for 3.1

Oi. I'll most likely go for something like this:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...6&version=9767

a few points are prolly thrown around by ppl, depending on playstyle. I havnt done much maths on it, so I aint sure on which few pointers that give more threat/dps in the end..

BcB can prolly be swapped for Reaping, but I aint sure which would generate the most.

edit:
    pff! ^^ I just realised it's you :O hah!

?

enlighten me?

Quote Originally Posted by Magrathia
    Oi. I'll most likely go for something like this:

a few points are prolly thrown around by ppl, depending on playstyle. I havnt done much maths on it, so I aint sure on which few pointers that give more threat/dps in the end..

BcB can prolly be swapped for Reaping, but I aint sure which would generate the most.

edit:
    pff! ^^ I just realised it's you :O hah!
    I don't know about the Wandering Plague. My DK tank has pretty low Crit rating.

No reaping or Dirge. Dirge adds threat (I read) and death rune > other runes.
    Black Ice is suppose to lvl better than Bladed armor.

Personally, I'll go with something like
    Unholy Tank

And enchant my boots with the stam+movement enchant.
    I like my perm pet. And allows me to Army of the Dead more often.

Wandering plague..
    Still, even if you aint having high crit, it'll do alot.
    Lets just play with it (my maths are CRAP btw).

If you got 10% crit, both diseases damage each 3 sec.. that's 1 proc every 15 sec (?).
    As you prolly (xcept Ulduar prolly, as that seem to be more single-target-tanking) tank several mobs.. you can multiply it with the amount of mbos..
    So lets say 3 mobs, that'd generate 1 proc every 5 sec..

Everytime it proc, it will damage ALL the 3 mobs with quite some nice amount of damage..

..and considering that 10% crit is very low and most ppl will have more.. I'd say this is a rather nice talent for AOE-tanking. (which is what Unholy mainly been used for ^^)

Bladed Armor VS Black Ice
    , I've read the opposite, but no pure maths and clean calculations..
    ..all I've heard is that Bladed Armor contributes and scale better for a tank due to Frost Presence.

And now with Pestilence also refreshing the diseases on the current target, I'd say Epedemic isnt really needed as you can easily squeeze in Pestilence in your general rotation.

And isnt your melee-damage quite a big chunk of your dps/tps? Necrosis would increase the melee-damage with 20% .. which is quite alot, especially now after the change.. as we DK's recieve more bonus from haste in general

Tho I agree with reaping and dirge, good ones. I havnt tried things out enuff yet.. so I cant really claim I know ^^

About the ghouls, I cant tell how much you're actually using them and how effective they all are in general hc-farming/raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by iddqd
    ?

enlighten me?
    I dunno what ye want to be enlighten with.. information about the thread or offtopic facts as who I am ^^
    ..I've done my best with the thread-bit.. and fyi, I'm aka Andariel, Rakanîshu.

When I did play Unholy Tank, I was using something like this: (yes I need to learn this boards code)
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deathknight=20503214030001000000000000000000000000000000000000000000005232005023215233101 000130150&glyph=042111040605&version=9767

I personally like the Rune Tap, its like having a potion handy at all times and it is also very nice threat if timed right, I have seen 2k tps jump spikes with it.
    Dodge is a must, keeping your diseases on the target is a must as well, and I sacrifice the glyph of disease because its not hard to simply tab to a different target and then hit pest to refresh it to your current target, and then tab back.
    Having the blood talents to generate runic power for death coil dumping is also very helpful for single target threat.
    Plus having the Death and Decay amped up a slight bit helps with your threat, not to mention Necrosis and Blood caked Blade
    Ya, there are a few novalty talents in there, but it is the build I would use and have used in the past (similar build pre 3.1)
    try it out... and enjoy

errhm.. iddqd .. I gotta apologize ^^ I just realised yuo wasnt the one I thought bout.
    ..my arena-pal and general grind mate is a DK, been dps mainly but tanked some, his name is Idqqd, sooo sorry ^^

If you realy want to specc UH I suggest sth like this:

Ewentually swap Ebon Plaguebringer with Reaping if you find yourself in a serious need of uh/frost runes.
    Alseria - 80 holy/disc - Stormreaver EU
    Daftknight - 80 Uh(tank)/Frost dps Stormreaver
    Aluces - 80 FF/Frost - Daggerspine EU
    Saeria - 80 Destro - Stormscale EU
    Kush - 80 Feral - Stormreaver
    Latawica - 80 Ret Stormreaver
    Thepie - 70 Sub - Daggerspine
    Kostuch - 70 Marksman Stormreaver
    Saeria - 70 prot Stormreaver
    Lolwtfomg - 70 enhance Daggerspine
    Milkywaylul - 70 feral - Maghteridon EU
    Blooddrinker - 70 demo Khadgar