Enhancement shaman with Caster Mace?

An enhancement shaman in our guild has requested to be able to bid on Caster Maces. He does more DPS with an healing mace, than he does with the Fist Weapon from KT 25.

Someone else have this issue? how do you deal with it in ur guild?

--
    Zoby
    Jeg vil ha tre is.

Re: Enhancement shaman with Caster Mace?

Tell him to learn to play his class and spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Wezagred
    Tell him to learn to play his class and spec.
    this

an enhance shaman using CG is doing better dps than an enhance shaman in equal gear using a caster weapon.

Caster mace and fast dagger off hand were the way to go before the patch. Blizzard didn't like that so now it is not viable at all. Two slow dps weapons is how it is done post-3.1. He is, however, limited to Vulmir, The Northern Tempest at this point for an off-hand weapon.

Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something, and sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent.
    -Dalai Lama-

Nope, even last patch CG was better in the main hand. The OP's Shaman just wants more loots.

actually b4 patch caster wep(torch of holy fire) on MH and fast OH with dual flametongue was the best way to dps as an enhance shammy

Illojim

Quote Originally Posted by Rax
    Nope, even last patch CG was better in the main hand. The OP's Shaman just wants more loots.
    I was using the caster mace from KT10 over CG last patch and it was giving me better dps.

go troll elsewhere pls. shoo shoo

it is common sense for any enhance shaman worth his salt that mh-caster-weap/oh-fast ft/ft was viable for enhance. we are 3 enhance-shamans in our raid-alliance and one of us tested it, doing pretty good dmg ( even though not that much better than in melee gear ) i for myself dislike to roll on caster gear for any other reason than to use them as such

the reason caster-weapons *were* viable was because of increased ft, lb, cl, es and ls dmg, not to forgot fire-totems all of which depends soleley on spellpower, and having 500 or something extra on your mh + enchants and imbues *did* work well then it came to using spells, which do an remarkable part of our dmg

fazit: enhance-shaman are the class closest to the title "hybrid", if there is an battle-mage it´d be us, as such we profit from both caster ans melee stats, and also buffs ( which is the reason we do so much more less dmg than other classes, when we switch from 25 to 10man ). because of that, it is hard to balance our dps and our gear, luckily blizz was sucessful in that regard ( though i still miss good pvp viability )
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

i played with the castermace of kel 10 in mainhand and webbed death in offhand. ft/ft, and i did with good raidsupport, with eleshaman and so on, 500 dps more than with kel 25 fist+webbed death.

i did 6k dps on patchwork with castermace combo in a 3:20 fight. without any singlebuffs like hysteria or hastepots.

fast/fast was definitly stronger as slow/fast.

but now in times of 3.1: tell your shaman to go to hell.
    its totaly useless to play fast/fast or slow/fast..

even blue 2.6-2.7 weapons in offhand do more damage now than webbed death in offhand.

so he needs to use slow/slow..