Thread: Shadow Affinity

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
LastLast
  1. #101
    High Overlord jinxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    192

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Currently for progressing through learning boss fights, I prefer having threat completely removed from something I have to think about over a 15 spellpower proc. Once we have downed the bosses and people know the fights well, I will be taking the extra spellpower proc from Spirit Tap and not having to worry about speccing SA. However, since I have found situations so far into Unduar where threat is something you need to worry about, I will be keeping Shadow Affinity.



    Honestly, that is the basis of this thread. Would you rather have a 15 spellpower proc while doing this raid for the first time/learning the new encounters, or would you rather remove threat as an issue.
    If that's your preferrence then that's fair, I'm not to decide what you should do. I'm just saying from a min-max point of view, considering your tanks can hold threat which they have no issues with in my experience, then IST should be taken and SA should not.

  2. #102
    High Overlord jinxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    192

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Hehe, its 3:11 here in Ireland and I am pretty bored, plus this is one of the most interesting topics on the priest forum at the moment :-\

    Plus, if you use Inner Focus to cast Divine Hymn, the crit bonus is added to each hit of it, which is great for massive AoE damage where you want to help out on raid heals.
    It's damn late here too and I should be watching Star Trek. (Yes, I know...) But you guys keep me replying here. :P

    And yeah there's many nice benefits to IF. Divine Hymn with IF is definitely a nice thing considering the crit and the high mana cost.

  3. #103
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,275

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    Quote Originally Posted by jinxx
    Then basically you expected wrong about Ulduar unless some of the later hardmodes change things drastically. (I seriously doubt that)

    And like I said in a post just above if threat ever became an issue it really takes a long time to go respec to SA right?
    Why would I waste my raids time with changing my talents between wipes, when I can come prepared and loose a almighty 5 dps (it's something close to that).

    No, better to come prepared for the worst. And if the worst is eventual hardmodes, then I come prepared for that.

    You and many others came assuming it was another Naxxramas, and called names and stupid of others who didn't. There is no reason to say we got shit tanks 10000 times in this thread, just because someone don't agree with you about a tiny bit of spellpower.

    It's what I wrote earlier, I choose talents based on our normal group composition (which is unique from guild to guild), and my expectations of the instance.

    Quote Originally Posted by jinxx
    If that's your preferrence then that's fair, I'm not to decide what you should do. I'm just saying from a min-max point of view, considering your tanks can hold threat which they have no issues with in my experience, then IST should be taken and SA should not.
    So it only took what, 7 pages, to get in the head of you retards, that it's a personal preferences?

    Me typing it with caps lock 20 times didn't help you and others grasp it?

    Geez...

    (AND THIS TOPIC IS FROM WEDNESDAY AKA. RELEASEDAY, IN CASE YOU FORGOT)

  4. #104

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    Haha, the obvious solution is to dual-spec Shadow/Shadow, one with Imp ST and one with VA, and switch between then when needed
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  5. #105
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,275

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    While the logical best idea is to have a secondary talent section that is healer, if it should be necessary.

  6. #106

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    Erm, that was a joke.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  7. #107
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,275

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    Iknow, but some might take it serious

    Our warlocks and mages are running with two sets of PvE talents. And dps warriors, both arms and fury (Fury for when stuns are needed, like Thorim gauntlet).

  8. #108
    High Overlord jinxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    192

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Why would I waste my raids time with changing my talents between wipes, when I can come prepared and loose a almighty 5 dps (it's something close to that).

    No, better to come prepared for the worst. And if the worst is eventual hardmodes, then I come prepared for that.

    You and many others came assuming it was another Naxxramas, and called names and stupid of others who didn't. There is no reason to say we got shit tanks 10000 times in this thread, just because someone don't agree with you about a tiny bit of spellpower.
    So it only took what, 7 pages, to get in the head of you retards, that it's a personal preferences?

    Me typing it with caps lock 20 times didn't help you and others grasp it?

    Geez...
    Rofl it takes 30 seconds to do a respec when summoned back. And even if that was too much for you most raids do have breaks now and then where you could easily go respec.

    Anyways you're basically lowering your DPS to be prepared for something that doesn't exist, instead of going about it the logical way and seeing if you can manage without SA. Quite illogical and stupid if you ask me.

    And again we see an example of your attitude. People who don't agree with you are retards and what not right? It seems to me you can't present a proper argument so you just talk down to people who don't agree with you. Your attitude throughout most posts here and the fact that you've more or less completely ignored all my earlier points just proves this.

    Either way people just need to have a look at your posts to see just how immature or incapable of having a grown discussion you are. I can just hope that people do so.

  9. #109

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    So it only took what, 7 pages, to get in the head of you retards, that it's a personal preferences?

    Me typing it with caps lock 20 times didn't help you and others grasp it?

    Geez...

    (AND THIS TOPIC IS FROM WEDNESDAY AKA. RELEASEDAY, IN CASE YOU FORGOT)
    I don't know this argument is pretty convincing

  10. #110
    High Overlord jinxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    192

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Erm, that was a joke.
    I actually have two Shadowspecs. One with Imp VE and one with 2/3 Meditation. :P

    Then again if I had to heal, which I would do happily, it wouldn't take me more than 1 or 2 minutes to get a port to IF to respec while our Glyph-Machine makes me the needed Glyphs.

  11. #111
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,275

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    Anyways you're basically lowering your DPS to be prepared for something that doesn't exist, instead of going about it the logical way and seeing if you can manage without SA. Quite illogical and stupid if you ask me.
    It existed in hard-raids before, I also raided Sunwell before 3.0, so why should I assume Ulduar is easy?

    Why did YOU assume Ulduar was easy?

    And again we see an example of your attitude. People who don't agree with you are retards and what not right? It seems to me you can't present a proper argument so you just talk down to people who don't agree with you. Your attitude throughout most posts here and the fact that you've more or less completely ignored all my earlier points just proves this.

    Either way people just need to have a look at your posts to see just how immature or incapable of having a grown discussion you are. I can just hope that people do so.
    And retards like you going with no other arguments than "your tank sucks", unless you get absolutely forced to, is really mature as well.

    Sure thing buddy, you're a real internet hero.

  12. #112
    High Overlord jinxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    192

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    (AND THIS TOPIC IS FROM WEDNESDAY AKA. RELEASEDAY, IN CASE YOU FORGOT)
    Whether or not this topic is from releaseday Mr Caps Lock you've still been arguing throughout that SA is better than IST.

  13. #113
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,275

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    No, YOU been argumentation that IST is better than Shadow Affinity.

    Me however, I have only justified why I PERSONALLY picked Shadow Affinity for progress raiding. I've never directly said it's globally better, only personal.

    I'm not trying to win the discussion, you are.

    (Alas, I'm defending my opinion, you're attacking. The defender is always the winner until the attacker succeeds or gives up. You simply have to live with that.)

  14. #114
    High Overlord jinxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    192

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    It existed in hard-raids before, I also raided Sunwell before 3.0, so why should I assume Ulduar is easy?

    Why did YOU assume Ulduar was easy?
    And retards like you going with no other arguments than "your tank sucks", unless you get absolutely forced to, is really mature as well.

    Sure thing buddy, you're a real internet hero.
    Seriously you're quite a piece of work. Whether or not threat was an issue before why would you not test if it was an issue now considering so many Shadowpriests claim Shadow Affinity is not needed and when it was definitely not needed in Naxx? It makes no sense to assume it was needed in Ulduar rather than assume it wasn't needed and test that out considering the threat changes in WotLK.

    And I've only been arguing with you in the same manner that you've been replying to others in this post. When you act like an arrogant prick then why should people be all nice to you?

    If you say I'm an internet hero then so be it, at least I'm not some immature forum troll who can't present a proper argument or control his emotions and caps lock.

  15. #115
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,275

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    It makes sense to assume threat would be a issue since:

    New bosses = More things to take care of.
    Hitting harder = More avoidance gear = less tps.
    Movement and RNG = possible less tps again.

    You act like you forgot raiding before 3.0, and entered a state of belief that the way Naxxramas were is the only way things can ever be again. But I'm not going there.

  16. #116

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    And it's really hard to know if there is any situations in a new dungeon like Ulduar, where you possible could have threat issues.

    Better do lower damage while progressing, then reconsidering when everything reached a familiar mode.

    But hey, only retards thing like that, right?!?
    while i agree that in new places ya don't know if you will have threat issues please don't call people names like that it hurts people's feelings :'(

  17. #117

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    Right.


    Spec whichever one you feel you need.


    This topic has been discussed enough, and is just degenerating into a bit of a flame war.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  18. #118
    High Overlord jinxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    192

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    No, YOU been argumentation that IST is better than Shadow Affinity.

    Me however, I have only justified why I PERSONALLY picked Shadow Affinity for progress raiding. I've never directly said it's globally better, only personal.

    I'm not trying to win the discussion, you are.

    (Alas, I'm defending my opinion, you're attacking. The defender is always the winner until the attacker succeeds or gives up. You simply have to live with that.)
    Ahhh bold now, guess caps lock got boring? I can read fine without bold lettering, thank you.

    Like I've posted before; from a min-max point of view IST is better than SA because threat is not an issue with capable tanks. Whether you like it or not that's just how it is. You really should read my prior posts more carefully before replying.

    I'm not trying to win the discussion, I'm trying to prove what an arrogant fool you are and that you have very little clue what you are talking about. So far it seems to be going very well.

    And if you call me attacking what do you call the way you're talking to people all the way through this thread? It's definitely not defending at least. :P

  19. #119
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,275

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Spec whichever one you feel you need.
    Wrote that 6 pages ago, people refuse to get it.

    ... and jinxx, if min/maxing matters so much to your guild, they shouldn't bring you to a raid, as hunters raid survival today, and both hunters and retribution paladins do more dps than shadowpriests are able to.

  20. #120

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    Please, stop. There is nothing more relavent that needs to be discussed.


    You both have different opinions and are not going to convince eachother, and anyone else reading can make up their own mind by reading the last 8 pages and deciding which is better for them.


    At this point it is just posts insulting eachother for previous posts.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •