Thread: Shadow Affinity

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,274

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    Obvious troll not done Ignis :-)

  2. #22

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Good tanks go for avoidance over threat on Progression. That's not bad tanks. He's already said that.

    Obvious troll is obvious.

    I cant imagine that you know anything about progression being smite. How is the trash leading to Skadi?

  3. #23

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinge

    I cant imagine that you know anything about progression being smite. How is the trash leading to Skadi?
    Yeah, it's terrible being stuck with only one spec, and not two which you can switch between whenever you feel like it for free, isn't it? If only they would impliment some sort of "dual-spec" feature, then we would be able to have more than one talent spec without having to pay gold every time!
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  4. #24

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    Regardless of Dual spec, smite is fail in every category. Unless, of course, you're killing boars out in Elwynn Forest because you cant play.

    Also, someone who puts things regarding smite all over their account leads me to believe they are smite as main-spec.

  5. #25

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinge
    Regardless of Dual spec, smite is fail in every category. Unless, of course, you're killing boars out in Elwynn Forest because you cant play.

    Also, someone who puts things regarding smite all over their account leads me to believe they are smite as main-spec.
    Actually, smite is a pet project of mine right now, my main spec is Disc. I have fun as smite, and I confuse the hell out of people both in wintergrasp and the average heroic daily for leet goldz when waiting for a server restart to farm Naxx for more gold (go go lack of deaths for non-existant repair bills).

    Smite is fun, and only really needs a few changes to be raid-viable dps (although lacking in any raid-buffs that heal priests don't bring). And truth be told, its spells scale better than Shadow's (with the exception of Mind Sear o noes!)


    Edit: [color=teal]And the reason behind smite being "all over my account" (A sig and a note under my pic counts as "all over?) is that myself and a few other people are bringing it up to draw attention to it. Drawing attention tends to open discussions and bring alot of insight and outside knowledge, as well as consensus, understanding, and appreciation. This tends to work out better than "lawl EJ says smite is fail" when you've done nothing towards it yourself. And smite is and for some time will be fun. But then again, I'm masochistic and enjoy Frost Mages and pre-3.1 Arms.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  6. #26

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Smite is fun, and only really needs a few changes to be raid-viable dps (although lacking in any raid-buffs that heal priests don't bring). And truth be told, its spells scale better than Shadow's (with the exception of Mind Sear o noes!)[/color]
    They wont ever make it viable. Sorry to hurt your dreams.

  7. #27

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinge
    They wont ever make it viable. Sorry to hurt your dreams.
    The only thing that needs to happen is give an extension of Searing Light that gives your holy spells increased crit damage by 50/100%, and make a glyph of Surging Light that takes smite off the GCD. Two changes, and tada, it's amazing.

    Whether they make it viable or not, there's nothing wrong with enjoying yourself. I could care less if equally geared I do 3% less damage than a shadow priest, and still don't bring Misery or Replenishment (when both of those are covered already).

    TL;DR
    Pardon my language, but what I do with my $15/month is my business, and I don't give a fuck what you think.

    End profanity/rant.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  8. #28

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    Someone actually reads what kelesti writes? I stopped ages ago because that god awful "I am so special" color.

  9. #29

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Mana is a issue, but not as much as before. IST generates less mana than Focus Mind, and the mana reduction on Mind Sear is a absolute must for XT-002.

    Do yourself a favour and check excactly how much extra spellpower you get from IST. And think of it being worth 2 points.

    I think not.
    Your wrong for taking Affinity and VE, even if you don't think so any SPriest with half a brain knows your wrong.

  10. #30

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie
    Your wrong for taking Affinity and VE, even if you don't think so any SPriest with half a brain knows your wrong.
    You should try raiding before you say that taking Improved VE is a bad idea. I assume you mean Improved VE, since you couldn't be so stupid that you didn't notice that VE is the prerequisite talent for Shadowform. Can you?
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  11. #31

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    You should try raiding before you say that taking Improved VE is a bad idea. I assume you mean Improved VE, since you couldn't be so stupid that you didn't notice that VE is the prerequisite talent for Shadowform. Can you?
    Ouch, logic to the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenarius
    You sir, is a retard.

  12. #32

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    The only thing that needs to happen is give an extension of Searing Light that gives your holy spells increased crit damage by 50/100%, and make a glyph of Surging Light that takes smite off the GCD. Two changes, and tada, it's amazing.

    Whether they make it viable or not, there's nothing wrong with enjoying yourself. I could care less if equally geared I do 3% less damage than a shadow priest, and still don't bring Misery or Replenishment (when both of those are covered already).

    TL;DR
    Pardon my language, but what I do with my $15/month is my business, and I don't give a fuck what you think.

    End profanity/rant.

    Yeah because a Glyph making a nuke spell off the GCD isn't overpowered. Keep dreaming baddie, blizzard wont make it viable to make morons who think they are unique feel good.

  13. #33

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinge

    Yeah because a Glyph making a nuke spell off the GCD isn't overpowered. Keep dreaming baddie, blizzard wont make it viable to make morons who think they are unique feel good.
    this idiot is attacking the wrong person. >.<"

    i'm the guy with smite as main spec. go go drama!

  14. #34
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,274

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    Shadow Affinity for AoE on Thorium > you.

  15. #35

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    Its a personal choice. If you want the extra 15 Spellpower proc and mana regen, take Spirit Tap. If you want to basically delete your threat, take Shadow Affinity.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  16. #36

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinge

    Yeah because a Glyph making a nuke spell off the GCD isn't overpowered. Keep dreaming baddie, blizzard wont make it viable to make morons who think they are unique feel good.
    All the glyph is doing is duplicating a Lightning Overload proc from Elemental shaman while still requiring input from the player instead of automatically applying. You can't Spam Surge of Light, it's a proc.

    lern2priest
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  17. #37

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    All the glyph is doing is duplicating a Lightning Overload proc from Elemental shaman while still requiring input from the player instead of automatically applying. You can't Spam Surge of Light, it's a proc.

    lern2priest
    Today:
    <sarcasm>
    LAWLZ I no moar than u. Smite is terribad, l2Shadow.
    </sarcasm>

    Pre-BC & BC:
    <sarcasm>
    LAWLZ I no moar than u. Disco is terribad, l2Holy.
    </sarcasm>
    -------------------------------------------------------------

    Que?

  18. #38

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    Quote Originally Posted by Chillstream
    I would overthreat with mind sear and Boss DPS if i didnt take it...
    Find better tanks imo
    Whole
    US-Nathrezim Horde

  19. #39
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,274

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    I still think it's handy Doing 12500 dps on Thorim is a lot of aggro!

  20. #40

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    After seeing some really nice numbers at Hodir (and consequently being squashed by him like a fly), it turned out that Shadow Affinity _is_ useful, IST is mega shit and I'm considering Nezoia's build for tomorrow. Shadow Priest at Hodir does wonders if played right, I was doing it chaotically and spammed flay only which crits for 22k per tick. Aggro becomes more than issue, we pop on top nearly instantly. Atm it's the only fight where I had real threat issues and couldn't dps.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •