Thread: Shadow Affinity

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
  1. #121
    High Overlord jinxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    192

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Wrote that 6 pages ago, people refuse to get it.

    ... and jinxx, if min/maxing matters so much to your guild, they shouldn't bring you to a raid, as hunters raid survival today, and both hunters and retribution paladins do more dps than shadowpriests are able to.
    Rofl. Our raid parses seem to think I'm in the top of damage on quite a lot of fights like Vezax, Yogg-Saron and Hodir, but they must obviously be false since Shadowpriests can't do as much dps as Hunters and Ret Paladins.

  2. #122
    High Overlord jinxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    192

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Please, stop. There is nothing more relavent that needs to be discussed.


    You both have different opinions and are not going to convince eachother, and anyone else reading can make up their own mind by reading the last 8 pages and deciding which is better for them.


    At this point it is just posts insulting eachother for previous posts.
    I'll stop now. I think people can read the posts here and judge for themselves what they should think of everything.

  3. #123
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,275

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    Quote Originally Posted by jinxx
    Rofl. Our raid parses seem to think I'm in the top of damage on quite a lot of fights like Vezax, Yogg-Saron and Hodir, but they must obviously be false since Shadowpriests can't do as much dps as Hunters and Ret Paladins.
    Yeah, this is a good end.

    Sleep well.

  4. #124

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    You really should try and read what ppl write nezoia, and u prolly are the most arrogant forumtroll ever

  5. #125

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    Quote Originally Posted by Toysuprapr
    Is it worth taking since shadowform lowers threat by 30%?
    No, if your even getting close to your tanks threat, tell them to l2p or recruit better tanks

  6. #126

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    This topic has grown so big in just 12 hours, let's see here...

    Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    And how about stop with the lame personal attacks, because if you have fought Mimiron, you very well know it's not about dps, but about people doing personal mistakes and dying to stupid shit.

    DPS always been the least important factor in PvE.
    It's not "lame personal attacks". I wouldn't care if player A hasn't killed boss A or boss B yet if he's discussing this in a normal tone, but you were, as some people (or yourself) said, arrogant. I'm not saying you are bad, but I don't think you are at a place to call people bad or their guilds have nub players either; My guild has better progress than yours, can I call you bad or your guild has noob players? I don't think it's nice, how about you?

    If you still think "retards" pick IST over SA in a raid, feel free to check top guilds SPs. In 10s browsing just now I knew at least Vodka n Ensidia's didn't pick SA, their dps must suck so they got world n US first, don't they~?

    @Abandon: I'm agree with the "10 men is easier than 25 men" (with exception of OS3D 10 normal way ofc). I'm also agree that "being in a good guild does not mean being in a guild that raids 5 hours a night 6 nights a week", I had friends in a good guild that hasn't killed YS yet; (although I think there are some flaws in your logic, you don't work in the night when you raid, do you, so how can it be that you need to skip work/school/whatever in real life for raid? In the last week my guild raided 4 days, 5-6 hours a day, and yet my RL stuff still going well)
    I'm not flaming him for not being in a good guild (or high progression guild) if he's acting modest. I wouldn't even care much about this topic and moved back to sp.com for good discussion already, yet when I was just trolling around for fun I found your friend Nezoia calling other people bad, asking if they has done the samething as him, and belittle other people guild. I thought I should give him a taste of his own medicine so that he can be a bit more modest.
    The "hard mode" comment has two purpose - one, telling him that he and his guild isn't so mighty like he's describing. If you read mmo-champ front page, there are people who cleared Ulduar AND doing agalon already. If he's so good why isn't he there yet? Or maybe he isn't that better than everyone here *shrug*
    2nd purpose, check if he knew the only 1 content that SA become useful so far (General Vezax hardmode FYI), but it doesn't seem like he did.

    And no, you are not doing 25% more damage than me. You maybe doing 25% more IF I got threat capped and have to stop dps, however, it (being threatcapped) hasn't happened since the old day of stacking spark before they changed it. So in fact I'm doing more damage than you thx to that 15 sp.

    Just for another thing, there is no problem w/ Thorim arena if your tanks are fast. Mine playing with 500 ms ping (being an Oceanic guild) but so far I hasn't got threat problem. If your tanks are slow that they couldn't react the the newly spawned mob, then -25% threat won't help either =)

    Haha, the obvious solution is to dual-spec Shadow/Shadow, one with Imp ST and one with VA, and switch between then when needed
    This "joke" is actually true I meant the dual spec Shadow/Shadow not the "one with..." part. Have a look at Muqq spec and see that even in his 2nd spec for Vezax he picked up IST also.

  7. #127
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,275

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    It's fairly obvious that if you're in a encounter where you don't need Meditation, there's not a problem in picking up IST.

    And Muqq's second spec got Shadow Affinity. So I guess you want to say Kungen can't tank now ;-)

    I don't want to pick 2 PvE specs for shadow, I rather have SA in my main build, and then not have IST at all. I'm not fighting for world firsts, are you?

  8. #128

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    It seemed that you didn't read carefully what I said =)

    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia
    Have a look at Muqq spec and see that even in his 2nd spec for Vezax he picked up IST also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia
    2nd purpose, check if he knew the only 1 content that SA become useful so far (General Vezax hardmode FYI), but it doesn't seem like he did.
    His 2nd spec is for one encounter only - General Vezax hardmode, which as I said, the only encounter in Ulduar we known so far that SA become useful (Meditation is useless in that encounter, but I hope you knew that already). If you are not doing that one, then there is no point going that spec unless you want to gimp yourself in every other encounters. Even if you are doing Vezax hard mode, if you are not dual shadow spec, it's just a simple HS respec for it, like Nyx does.

    On his normal raiding spec, there is 0 point in SA and full points in IST because, I guess, Kungen is a good tank =)

  9. #129
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,275

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    Yes yes, I caught that point, but apparently my encounter specific reasoning wasn't good enough.

    I haven't done Vezax yet, but again, that don't matter for discussing in this thread, if it don't applies to others, then it don't apply to me, yes?

  10. #130

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    Could it be that the specific encounter you where talking about was not needed at all? And it really is needed for vezax hardmode, but oh well you can get the same reply as u give to everyone else you find yourself superior to, come back when you done vezax hardmode or have proper tanks.

  11. #131
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,275

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    I weren't allowed to say that, so you won't be either. Even it of course would only make sense to talk about encounters I've done, yes yes.

    I'm just following the same illogical path of argumentation as you people are.

  12. #132

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    You actually where allowed to say it, there was just a bunch of ppl that havnt found it needed, you made it look like it was the only spec, we are pretty lucky with our tanks, but we also nuked down the adds pretty fast, say hi to 3 rogues doing fan of knives, and a few other aoe classes. But ofc shadowaffinity comes usefull if you have threat issues there, i just waited 1-2secs until the adds actually where in out deathknights D&D and there was no threat issue at all, and havnt had it anywhere else.

  13. #133
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,275

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    The thing I claimed on page one, was that I found Shadow Affinity useful for certain encounters.

    I've repentantly said that people can feel free to pick between IST and SA+VE. I just gave the reason for my choice.

    What people repays me with is "you're bad" "your tanks are bad" "your guild sucks". And most people replying had not even set a foot inside Ulduar at that point.

    If I claim that SA is good in my experience and raid-setup, who are you to disprove it?

    , i just waited 1-2secs until the adds actually where in out deathknights D&D and there was no threat issue at all
    Quite my point, if SA saves me a single GCD on a encounter, I found it more helpful than IST

    But apparently me, and everybody I ever played with, sucks because I dare to think that way.

    The last 7 pages been "bash Nezoia because he refuse to do what everybody else does". But nobody *really* been able to justify one talent build to rule them all. And nobody will, since it do not exist.

  14. #134

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    SA will still not help if the tank has 0 threat on the given target, SA comes useless then aswell, thats is why im waiting around 1sec until the add is close or in the D&D, there is atleast not as i saw it no super rush to AoE down all the small adds seeing they come in waves, and inbetween comes the WW'ing guy and the one with the dmg aura. But yes if you feel you need go for it, but alot of raiders don't go for it cuz they don't have any threat issues yet, but they might come on hardmode encounters, time will tell.

  15. #135

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    Oh my god. Why are people still discussing this? This was settled, last night.

    It's a personal choice. Nobody cares which one you pick and you shouldn't care what anyone else picks. All of the reasons for either spec have been discussed. Anyone who is considering swapping out IST for VA has 9 pages of discussion to read over to make up their mind.

    Stop with the stupid trolling, flaming and personal attacks. It makes your point look weaker simply because the stupid, snide little insults that are making up most of these posts have NOTHING TO DO WITH THE DISCUSSION.

    I am sick of posting in this thread, and sick of hearing the same thing said over and over again, so I am done.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  16. #136

    Re: Shadow Affinity

    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Haha, the obvious solution is to dual-spec Shadow/Shadow, one with Imp ST and one with VA, and switch between then when needed
    That was my original thought as I didn't have plans on healing anything. I figured a spec with all the extra novelties of Disc or Holy, glyphed for Dispel and such. And the prime spec being 100% DPS nuke spec.

    IDP and Med (mana nerf) had me trying to find those extra points and I have yet to really figure out what I should round out my spec with. Usually top of the charts, minimal threat issues (Maly).
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •