Shred glyph bugged?

I did a few test today and looks like the shred glyph doesn't add 2 seconds to rip's duration every time you cast shred - it resets completely it's duration, however "only" three times for every Rip cast. Anyone else noticed this?
    "Holy bananas Ghostcrawler, ferals are doing well in pvp again!"

"What!? To the nerfmobile!"

Re: Shred glyph bugged?

mine resets to a new lower timer. Like if there's 10secs on rip and i shred, it'll look like the duration reset but it'll be at 12secs

Then it may not be bugged after all, and works as intended. The way the added duration works is misleading though, and makes even more difficult to gauge how much time do you have before rip expires.
    "Holy bananas Ghostcrawler, ferals are doing well in pvp again!"

"What!? To the nerfmobile!"

ya i notice that to for the shred glyph

Rip lasts an incredibly long time with Rip Glyph, Shred Glyph and 2 part T7.

26 seconds all up
    CoryEverson: lvl80 Death Knight (Lich King)

The only weird thing i noticed was that dr.damage wasn't calculating the idol that adds ~ 200 shred damage.
    Perhaps just an old version.

Aside that.
    I tried a mangle spec, and a shred spec.

In both cases I came out ~ 3200 - 3250 dps on the boss dummy.
    Must be doing something wrong.... Shred is a lot harder to weave into the rotation than mangle is.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    I tried a mangle spec, and a shred spec.

In both cases I came out ~ 3200 - 3250 dps on the boss dummy.
    Must be doing something wrong.... Shred is a lot harder to weave into the rotation than mangle is.
    i tried that too pre and post patch ...
    prepatch i had a difference of about 50 dps

Mangle rotation just 50dps lower than Shred rotation

post patch the same ...

however ... witch mangle you can't coun't on the duration increase, but still get up rip every circle because mangle needs less energy ... thus faster CP thus faster reapplication of rip ...

but the shred glyph is acting a bit strange anyways ...
    Welcome to the Internet, where the men are men, the women are men, the children are police officers, everyone is correct all of the time, even when they're wrong, and where opinions are more valid the more insults and swear words you include with them.

I experimented with both the Shred and Rip glyphs and kept the Shred glyph because of the sheer number of Shreds I can get off with Rip on a 26sec duration.
    CoryEverson: lvl80 Death Knight (Lich King)

Quote Originally Posted by Varon
    i tried that too pre and post patch ...
    prepatch i had a difference of about 50 dps

Mangle rotation just 50dps lower than Shred rotation

post patch the same ...

however ... witch mangle you can't coun't on the duration increase, but still get up rip every circle because mangle needs less energy ... thus faster CP thus faster reapplication of rip ...

but the shred glyph is acting a bit strange anyways ...
    Yep.
    Hence I'm wondering if dropping the 2 talent points in shred + 1 glyph would be worth considdering. Means I can put 2 points elsewhere, have a "lot" easier time keeping high dps (instead of a mistake costing 100 dps and having to start the cycle over), get 2 offtank talents, and be able to focus more on the fight instead of your timers to ensure high dps.

Rake is active a lot more during a mangle rotation as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Shred is a lot harder to weave into the rotation than mangle is.
    I found that too. Without the mangle glyph I find myself having to reapply mangle and rake so often that it's hard to get another shred in there.

I do 3300dps self buffed and have Incredibad gear, i think your just doing it wrong = S, and why cant you have both rip and shred Glyphs? also i think with the t8 set bonus that a shred rotation will pay off a lot more clearcastingjust begs for a shred.