Blood DPS spec in 3.1 patch: "Blood and Blight".. viable?

I was just thinking about this spec:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...0&version=9767

Its my attempt at a disease-less blood spec with unholy blight instead of DRW, as i heard that this was not such a good talent to pick up. On a single target, iirc, unholy blight does 179 DPS at 80. So if there are several mobs around, and you can manage to keep Unholy blight up constantly (with the extra 10 seconds it will be fairly easy) then you *should* see a fairly significant DPS increase. Even just keeping it up on a single target fight, its almost an extra 200 DPS.

I am fairly n00bish, and i haven't played the class really very much and this is my 1st mmo-champion post. I would appreciate no flaming or trolling, and advice on what to do would be nice, i.e, where to move points etc.

Thanks!

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Blood DPS spec in 3.1 patch: "Blood and Blight".. viable?

If you are going to go deep into Blood, get DRW. I don't know what you have heard, but it is a good talent to have. It will definitely give you more noticeable DPS than even keeping up UB indefinitely. If you want to run heroics as Blood spec, then I would recommend something along the lines of 53/0/18.

Any questions about talent point placement, I'll do my best to answer. Or if anyone who plays a DK as a main wants to pitch in, feel free to give reasons as to why something is more suitable in a particular situation.
    For the Alliance!

Diseaseless blood spec are sooooo 3.0.x

With the changes in 3.1 there is no more viable diseaseless spec.

And I see you took the Obliterate glyph. Blood spec aren't supposed to use Obliterate anymore. You use Death Strike (and you should spec in Improved Death Strike obviously) because it got it's dmg buffed and Obliterate isn't in Might of Mograine anymore.

If you want a Blood-UB spec try this :
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...0&version=9767

and yeah you are gonna put diseases on your target
    *French guy inside*
    *please forgive my poor english*

1) glyph death strike, death coil, and DRW

2) spec 51/2/18

3) win.

obliterate is dead unless youre frost, and frost is poo. and use diseases.

Quote Originally Posted by liveitup1216
    1) glyph death strike, death coil, and DRW

2) spec 51/2/18

3) fail.

4) respec 51/0/20

5) win.
    Fixed. 2 points in RPM is a complete waste.

Maybe it's a slight DPS increase over not spending them at all, but it's not an increase over spending them somewhere useful. Hell, bloodworms is a better DPS talent per point. :P

I'm raiding as Blood & Blight and even though I sacrifice personal DPS, I take a good AoE ability that is quite powerful.
    Glyph of Disease is one of the best glyphs ever because it makes our rotation a lot easier.
    Okay, Plague Strike is powerful so if you want to use it a lot, then don't use Glyph of Disease.

The idea of this spec is that you use IT>PT, DS for Death Runes and Heart Strikes as a spam-ability.
    You don't have to worry about Icy Touch, Plague Strike because you can refresh them with 1 button and in fights where there is a lot of movement, it makes things easier.

Cool thing is that there are quite some Blood specs, with all different playstyles.

I don't take DRW because I choose to have some more AoE but if the difference between Blood & Blight and Blood Rune Weapon, then I don't mind changing my spec. After all, being willing to adapt makes the difference between good and bad players.