Page 1 of 2
LastLast

how is your dps as spriest?

i've moved down from 3-5 to 8-10 in our regular raid group

pure dps class outdps me by almost 40%

what's happening to my fellow spriests?

Re: how is your dps as spriest?

How high is your dps?

A Shadowpriest in my guild did 3.2k dps on Patch in Naxx10, without any shammy, boomkin or warlock in the group.
    His gear was about 50% random blues and 50% ilvl 200 epics. I don't think that's bad at all.

Saying this, you should be able to do quite good damage if you play your toon right.

on patch, my average dps is 4.8k

all my gear are bis or 2nd bis

properly gemmed and enchanted

in nax, i top dps on a few bosses, grob and gluth, top maly and sarth 3d most of the time

but this patch really buffed rogues etc, we just did x002, rogues did 7k dps, i did 5k

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by oshikuru
    i've moved down from 3-5 to 8-10 in our regular raid group

pure dps class outdps me by almost 40%

what's happening to my fellow spriests?
    Raids I dont know, but in battlegrounds I do more dps... probably because I now live longer :P

Fiddling around on Ignis 25 for a couple of hours last night landed me on top of damage done.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/s...um/damageDone/

3.6k dps and top ignis?

hmm... good for you

Boss fight lengths, buffs, debuffs, etc all include random factors which can not really be used for a good comparison. If you want to measure a change in single target dps do it on the heroic training dummy. Pre-patch I was at 3.1k with no other buffs on the dummy. Last night I was at 3.5k though that may have been a string of lucky crits/procs. Didn't have time to run several tests. Anyone else noticed a heroic dummy dps increase?
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

Only got to do flame leviathan in Ulduar before not enough instance servers, and some 10 man Emalon before the same issue. Against Emalon I was top DPS above two elemental shaman, a rogue, and a ret pally. I was doing about 3.3+ DPS and everyone else was below 2.9k DPS, so that looks good so far.

I'll know better Sunday hopefully.

Before 3.1 selbuffed i did 2.4-2.5dps on target dummy, now i do 2.7+-50. So i think our dps is a little improved

I'd say my raid dps gone up. Doing around 5k on encounters with lot of downtime/movement.

But it's hard to say, as lot of the current Ulduar encounters implies multi-dotting.

However, I feel the rotation is less error prone, and our dps gone slightly up.

Our spriest did 6.2k on patch last night. He is rarely ever not #1 on any fight. id say his average dps is around 5-5.5k. There is no fight he can't break 5k. I think he cheats but he wont admit it

To be perfectly honest, no one should care about dps until you hit enrage timers with everyone alive. My point is that if everyone does what is necessary to stay alive, the boss will die. The only enrage timer that even seemed hard to beat was Razorscale and they've already hotfixed that. The advantage to being a shadow priest is that you really have no reason to ever die before a wipe is called. With pretty much every boss having multiple targets, it's very easy to dot up multiple targets with ve and never die.

That being said, our dps seems to be pretty good as of now, definitely better than before. We're one of the best dps specs at moving while dpsing, surviving, and damaging multiple targets: Perfect for Ulduar.

Hardest boss so far seems to be getting past loading bar and being able to stay in ulduar for more than 30 minutes without getting kicked out and trash resetting. Imo, one of the hardest bosses will be killing hodir hard mode and this is a perfect fight for a shadow priest. We can wear absolutely no frost resistance and still stand still while dpsing.

My post probably wasn't worded very well, but I've been up for awhile so you'll have to forgive me.

Deleted

Compareing DPS from raids is wrong. For example.. we have NO shamens in our guild.. therefore have no heroism or totems. So my DPS will appear to be lower in raids when comapred to those with shamens.

Anyone wishing to say there DPS.. plzs do so on tests on the elite dummy. Baseing your DPS claim around the fact you have a perfect raid comp is silly.

I can do 2.8k DPS self buffed to the elite dummy.

Can I ask to post your particular talent builds.

Deleted

pure numbers has no meaning

we need to compare with other classes

rlers dont care if you do 5k when warlocks can do 6k or 7k

now other dps casters have refreshment buff too, it's relative strength which determines whether spriests get into raid or not.

3.7k on dummy, Ulduar fights are non-static and hard to evaluate the dps.

I'd tell you but I don't think I'll ever see Patchwerk again. But I sense an improvement.

Thanks to those that up up Talent links. What's your raid spell rotation, has that changed with 3.1?