Divine Aegis Buff Help + Disc Priest/Hpally Comp

Well after seeing DA got buffed to take into account overhealing and it stacks, im still not clear over the true value of damage it has the potential to mitigate.

for example: i cast penance, it crits for 4k 4k 4k = 12k ; does this mean 30% of the 12k is absorbed via the shield over 12 seconds? if so im not sure where the stacking comes into play,

Or having a 12 sec shield to spam into that absorbs 30% from a full 12 secs of spam healing (in which case there must be a shield cap, any ideas?) would seem pretty OP depending on the shields max absorb value.

anyone who can help me out would be much appreciated
    -------------------------------------
    On a side note, i'm very happy with disc priests atm, getting used to using penance on myself is a real nice habbit, especially -> shield-pray mend self - flash heal- then during the flash heals cast time the GCD is done for a channeled penance, and the penenace glyph is a must have.

played some skirmish 2v2's, however theres a bug atm (Xavius) that wont let you join as a group with someone in your party, but you can join solo and meet up with a random, so i did that.

an interesting setup was dpriest/hpally (us) V Mage(frost)/Lock(affli)

the pally was full deadly few hateful, myself being the same with afew more hateful pieces, opponents in hateful too.

With all the fears/sheeps/freezes being put on us we actually found it easy to heal up with the other being in a full cc chain, so anyway we kept on preventing the inevitable, until the pally went oom.... now he was holy/prot and my knowledge of pallys is limited, but i was a little surprised at how fast he went oom + bare in mind he was getting my 2% something mana everytime my shield went off him,

so basically, id heard most pallys were having trouble stretching for the skills in ret/holy, but it looks like there pretty balanced out mana wise, unless they go horribly deep into ret and miss infusion of light.

anyone else got comments on us in 3.1?

Deleted

Re: Divine Aegis Buff Help + Disc Priest/Hpally Comp

Quote Originally Posted by Zixiov
    Well after seeing DA got buffed to take into account overhealing and it stacks, im still not clear over the true value of damage it has the potential to mitigate.

for example: i cast penance, it crits for 4k 4k 4k = 12k ; does this mean 30% of the 12k is absorbed via the shield over 12 seconds? if so im not sure where the stacking comes into play,

Or having a 12 sec shield to spam into that absorbs 30% from a full 12 secs of spam healing (in which case there must be a shield cap, any ideas?) would seem pretty OP depending on the shields max absorb value.

anyone who can help me out would be much appreciated
    Not really sure what your question is, but I think you'd like to know wether there's a cap on absorbed by divine aegis.

There is indeed a cap the amount absorbed is 125*targetlvl, so at lvl 80, the amount absorbed is 10.000damage, when fully stacked.

sorry, my fault for not explaining properly, 10k seems like a nice cap though. maybe i should try it myself before scaring people with walls of text ^^

thanks

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Zixiov
    sorry, my fault for not explaining properly, 10k seems like a nice cap though. maybe i should try it myself before scaring people with walls of text ^^

thanks
    Wasn't at all hard to read, I just couldnt get it, might be my fault though

The DA shields stack now whereas before they did not.

Take your example of a 12k penance. Before 3.1, you would get 30% of *one* burst or about 1200 pts.

Now, you would get 3600 all stacked together. The first burst would be 1200, the second would add another 1200, and the third would top it to 3600.

Now, say you dropped a 10k GHeal bomb on the target. This would add another 3000 to the shield for a total of 6600.

*SO* much better.