The chips are down

I play a Retribution Paladin and I understand how all of you feel right now. But when the chips are down the Paladin community thrives....plain and simple.

We get shit done

With the nerfs to SoB Judgments I created a little macro, which greatly increases your burst potentional.

/castsequence reset=2 Judgement of Wisdom, Exorcism(Rank 9)

This will cast Judgment then give you 2 seconds to cast exorcism, giving you about 6-7k burst if they crit.

New PvP DPS cycles.

Anyone that has played alot of PvP knows we relied on our Judgements burst all the time. Crusader strike and Divinestorm are doing alot more damage now, with decent cooldowns. This means we have more sustainable DPS.

We are now classed as SUSTAINABLE DPS. Although we can push out burst still, we are now better suited for a PRESSURE ROLE.

Mages are OP
    Howling Blast is doing a shit ton of damage
    and Warlocks DOTS are equal to a nuclear explosion.

It is going to get worst before it gets better. But all the Paladins that stay Ret through the shit times I have respect for. To say the least we have been in much worst spots, and I personally think they are just making room for the Crusader Strike secondary effect.

We will just have to wait and see.

P.S Divine Sacrifice does not share a cooldown with Hand of Sac, this will help alot against those bastard rogues that trick you into popping BOSac early.

Re: The chips are down

in BGs, i still nuke everything down in a couple of seconds.

our dps rocks (now even more then before).

and i dun even get what u wanna tell us with this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kishin
    in BGs, i still nuke everything down in a couple of seconds.

our dps rocks (now even more then before).

and i dun even get what u wanna tell us with this post.
    When season 6 comes out you will see.

What I am trying to tell you is, it will get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinestorm

This will cast Judgment then give you 2 seconds to cast exorcism, giving you about 6-7k burst if they crit.

help me out here, so that macro will cause you to use Exorcism (provided its off CD) right after you mash the key for JoW ?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    help me out here, so that macro will cause you to use Exorcism (provided its off CD) right after you mash the key for JoW ?

when GCD is off u can click it again to cast excorsism
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas
    when GCD is off u can click it again to cast excorsism
    k, thank you.

Whats the point of this macro? Can't push 2 separate button for 2 abilities...? I seriously don't get it.

Our lost of bursts makes Ret boring. At least, its boring now to me. Judgements are crap, so you should not even use this for burst. Crusader Strike with SoB and Exorcism are your 2 biggest damage burst.

Repeat again, judgements does crap damage. We have lost our high damage ability and other class still have them, its really, really annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by SFJake
    Whats the point of this macro? Can't push 2 separate button for 2 abilities...? I seriously don't get it.

Our lost of bursts makes Ret boring. At least, its boring now to me. Judgements are crap, so you should not even use this for burst. Crusader Strike with SoB and Exorcism are your 2 biggest damage burst.

Repeat again, judgements does crap damage. We have lost our high damage ability and other class still have them, its really, really annoying.
    I'm still bursting down stuff in BG's 4k CS 3k DS (both with 2k5 Seals) that's 12k in 1.5sec that's still fuck loads. Oh and WAIT ! Before patch I would judge avg of 7k and 2k5 +1k2 CS/Seal, how is our burst lower ? Sure you don't judge for 30k on Thaddius anymore instead you just ass rape him with a 15k CS with a 9k seal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

I'm pretty Happy with the new Ret Paladin changes. More than perfect for me. If you're just comparing damage from Judgements pre and after 3.1.0 and saying that our burst is gone then you totally forgot about your CS/DS/Seal dmg and how they actually RAPE everything.

Made by myself while I'm bored..

Because pressing two dif buttons es HARD.

Personally i think our burst is still great. Evertime our wep swings it is a TON of damage, if you time your attacks with your swings it is nuke city. Tbh the high seal dmg - makes me feel like the burst we used to have as reckbomb. Fear not, rets going to do fine in arena.

This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

I love my PvE damage now i can actually keep up with the other DPS classes now.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinestorm
    When season 6 comes out you will see.

What I am trying to tell you is, it will get better.
    Well they finally made the change to Exorcism.

Knew it was coming but didn't expect it for a few more weeks.