Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Armor pen stacking, worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoulin
    Well for one, I am in the top guild on my server close to clearing Ulduar. Prob the best geared Warrior on my server, maybe second. The last I had the time to actually test ArPen stacking vs STR stacking was on the PTR and not the latest build of it either. So like I said, aside from raiding/school/work I haven't been able to test this myself and would love some solid reports. Nobody has posted anything yet, rather just numbers which I am understanding to their fullest.

Should not assume anyone posting thinking the math is wrong is in beginning Naxx gear because most of them aren't.
    easy killer...no one said you did, but you never implied your stats when you tested.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Wich is the Cap of ArP?

Sorry for digging up this thread, but I think the question "ArP vs. Str" is still not fully answered. What do you think now, after testing?

Me, as an arms warrior, who just dinged 80 and is preparing for Naxx: Should I gem ArP and look for items with ArP or does it not pay off till I get to Ulduar?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEyeFlint
    Sorry for digging up this thread, but I think the question "ArP vs. Str" is still not fully answered. What do you think now, after testing?

Me, as an arms warrior, who just dinged 80 and is preparing for Naxx: Should I gem ArP and look for items with ArP or does it not pay off till I get to Ulduar?

You are not at the point yet where ArP > AP point for point if you aren't in at least naxx gear.

When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

So, Str then for me. TY.

But at which point does it start to make sense gemming ArP? How much % do I need to reach with gemming/battlestance/macespec for making it sense to prioritize Arp over Str?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEyeFlint
    So, Str then for me. TY.

But at which point does it start to make sense gemming ArP? How much % do I need to reach with gemming/battlestance/macespec for making it sense to prioritize Arp over Str?
    ~3200 AP unbuffed...not even BS.

I gemmed ArP yesterday, my base AP was around 4500 or so beforehand so I figured it was worth a shot.

My AP dropped about 500 or so, Crit went down 2% ( some gear changed ), and hit lowered by 3.5% however while sitting around 45% passive armor pen as Fury, my damage on the testing dummies went up about 450 since the last time I tested when it was all str gems. And since the cap will soon be fixed to around 100%, once I get a helm/legs with arp and 2 ulduar weapons with arp, I will be near passive 100% as fury along with the Elixer of Armor Pen, and the Armor Pen food. I get to enjoy the fury playstyle, while having an increase in my dps at the same time
    A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll be. And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me

Ok, just wanted some opinions if I should continue to stack ArP or just regem for STR.

First, yes I will change my spec to the correct pve spec, thinking of making my main spec PvE Arms and keeping dual as PvP Arms.
    Second, yes I know i have to much exp, and I'm probably going to chant my gloves with +20 hit to sit @ 262.

With my current stats (with those suggestions above in mind) should I continue to stack ArP or go back to Str? This is an alt now and I'll start running 10m Ulduar with him now that we've downed Yogg and have the place on a 2 night clear. I know Ulduar gear will start giving me enough ArP from gear to start gemming for it and hitting 100%.

I was just curious if now would be good time to start or should I go back to Str until I'm starting to get drops from ulduar?

Edit: Would be nice to post my warrior's armory

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...=Illidan&n=Nhm

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai
    ~3200 AP unbuffed...not even BS.
    Question is not, when to add ArP, but when to replace Str completely (!) by ArP. Watch the gear of Ensidia player Ragebar, he has gemmed ArP only.

So is there any clear number for arp rating that is the cap according to ur tests guys?

including sunders-mace special-batle stance

i want a number

Also for fury without mace special and batlle stance isnt even possible to reach the cap?

please post if u have some kewl numbers is good to know

Quote Originally Posted by Drumaroth
    So is there any clear number for arp rating that is the cap according to ur tests guys?

including sunders-mace special-batle stance

i want a number

Also for fury without mace special and batlle stance isnt even possible to reach the cap?

please post if u have some kewl numbers is good to know
    Yes you can cap out as Fury if you tried, Armory is down atm but this is my char:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&n=phantomlink
    With the 8.5 Helm, Legplates of Double Strikes and Decimators Armguards as well as 2 weapons from Ulduar ( 10 or 25 ) I will be sitting at 75% passive Armor pen on my own ( no mace space, no arms ) before sunders, Shattering throw etc
    A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll be. And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me

It is so funny when clueless people look up the armory of a player in Ensidia and say omfg look at his spec,thinking that would be the best for you.It just shows how weak-minded you are and have no personal opinion.The guy has gemmed ArP for pvp.And if he is stacking ArP why didn't he just get furious mace for pve and put ArP.I remember the same thing that happened in TBC back when there was no Ensidia but Nihilum.Kungen was playing with some weird spec and absolutely everybody on my server (Neptulon EU) kept respeccing the same way as he did,even without knowing why are they taking things like Booming voice that were almost useless for any tank.Just get what you think is best and don't try to copy any person in a big guild,thinking that you will do better.

Quote Originally Posted by Unbreacable
    It is so funny when clueless people look up the armory of a player in Ensidia and say omfg look at his spec,thinking that would be the best for you.It just shows how weak-minded you are and have no personal opinion.The guy has gemmed ArP for pvp.And if he is stacking ArP why didn't he just get furious mace for pve and put ArP.I remember the same thing that happened in TBC back when there was no Ensidia but Nihilum.Kungen was playing with some weird spec and absolutely everybody on my server (Neptulon EU) kept respeccing the same way as he did,even without knowing why are they taking things like Booming voice that were almost useless for any tank.Just get what you think is best and don't try to copy any person in a big guild,thinking that you will do better.
    Because even when stacking ArP, Mace spec is worse than Poleaxe spec. People don't gem ArP for PvP, because you don't have the minimum baseline AP/DPS to make it worthwhile over just STR.

It's good to understand what the hell is going on; following someone blindly is silly. On the other hand, it'd also help to understand why a player who is better than you is doing something, and to not dismiss it out of hand.
    Avatar is too large in file size. Read the avatar guidelines.

Ragebar wrote in his 3.1 Warrior DPS Guide (Arms):

To put it in easy-to-understand terms: The more ArP you have the better it is, and the more strength you have the worse it is. At 40% ArP every point of ArP is worth around 1.3 times what it's worth at 10% (battle stance buff). The value of ArP even after 30% passive ArP rating makes it better then strength.

Source: http://www.ensidia.com/home/dps-warrior-part-1-general/

Deleted

I've read quite a lot of the post but I'm not that dedicated to do all the maths etc behind it . I'm not pickings sides of stre or ArP, I'm just curious:

Doesn't bleeds scale with strength and not with ArP? so the more AP u've got the more deep wounds and rend do?

Like I said I'm just curious. Maybe the DPS increase from that is no where near enough for ArP.

Nice maths btw its fun to read

Not to needlessly ressurect this thread but I want to give thanks to the people who have posted explaining the advantages to ARP.

I have a combination of Naxx and PVP gear for DPS. Was extremely disappointed with my DPS when gemmed full strength. Switched all gems to ARP and the improvement was awesome from the get-go.

I have read all the posts in here about armor penetration, and I have tried it myself, spending quite some effort on gemming every gear of mine. Currently I have almost full T7.5 gear. When I was testing it first, I forgot to stack sunders too on the target always, so it didnt work out too well, but now that I know sunders are a must especially if you are aiming for high armor penetration rating. I believe people who says, armor penetration does worth it, because it may offer more damage. However I think that is only the case if you do have huge ammount of it. And that does need certain epic pieces too. I am not a damage freak myself, more of a casual gamer, so I rather went with strength gems and wear what I want, instead of trying to reach the needed ammount of armor penetration, and keep running after the armor penetration items. I havent done any maths, so sorry if I offend anyone with my statement, but I cannot believe that armor penetration is so much much better then strength for arms that its completely worth it to throw away, or keep changing whole gear around it, just to get over the edge, and finish the dps meters just a bit higher then arms people with pure strength gems/items.

arp is definately a good stat and important to all warriors. i am going to get arp soft cap( 100% with a grimtoll proc) and than stack str. yes more passive arp is good but it is wasted when ur trink procs, str is also and important stat.
    the most common arp cap is 40%from gear 10%from battlestance and 50%from grimtoll proc thats along with sunders and shit is 100%. check http://eu-warrior.com/arpen.html?ta=...arp=&tac=&tar=