Page 1 of 2
LastLast

XT - 002 Deconstructor's Heart

Is it true that if you DPS his heart WITHOUT killing it the damage is relfected fourfold on the bosses' health? I read on WoWWiki but I havn't seen it anywhere else. Any information from guilds that have done this would be nice.

Re: XT - 002 Deconstructor's Heart

Not sure the ratio but damaging his heart will indeed lower his health.

Well, that means we killed him the hard way............... without killing him in the hard mode........ Zero DPS on the heart during that, no wonder he enraged at 1%. Still got him though, good stuff and thank you.

Hey, don't feel bad we did the same thing for like 3 hours and was wondering why we were getting him to enrage out best attempt was like 10 or 9 percent without touching the heart. Then someone said something about wowiki and the heart and with in 2 trys of hitting the heart we was dead. Grats on your kill bud

Glimmerr-Kilrogg

Yes, DPSing the heart will reflect that damage four-fold onto him when he comes out of immunity. Each phase the heart is back at full life.

Observe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KLxsZOzJxo

Arg so frustrating, we kept having him enrage on like 7%!

We were thinking it was bloody retarded that 3*30second periods were counted towards his enrage timer, especially considering the adds don't spawn for like 10 seconds and everyone just stands around.

15+ Year Old Account

It's true, if you attack the heart without killing it he will take the damage you did to the heart to himself. This is why it's called easymode, because the heart takes 100% extra damage compared to the boss himself.

Atleast that's what happened when we killed him

yep, nuke the heart without killing it.
    after it vanishes, mop u the adds, and then return to nukeing boss

rinse/repeat

Quote Originally Posted by Promethus
    Well, that means we killed him the hard way............... without killing him in the hard mode........ Zero DPS on the heart during that, no wonder he enraged at 1%. Still got him though, good stuff and thank you.
    I can't believe that you killed him without doing any DPS on the heart. We only just beat the 6minutes timer with going full nuke on heart.

Hah yeah, we were like, damn this enrage timer is pretty harsh...

Should be an achieve tbh!
    Lag - Network related. High server response time, stop downloading.
    Low FPS - Your computer can't keep up with the game - buy a better one

Dalaran doesn't lag (often) your pc just sucks.

RIP Paul Gray

Quote Originally Posted by Skum
    I can't believe that you killed him without doing any DPS on the heart. We only just beat the 6minutes timer with going full nuke on heart.
    we got him down after about 8-10 enrage tryes... in the end our feral tanking trash robots went kitten and MT was tanking boss and adds, so we (without intention of dpsing heart) aoed heart a little with adds and that gave us kill.

Guyfromlv

Didnt know that Heart is reflecting dmg to boss.. So just killed him, enrage at 1% FTW ;D

15+ Year Old Account

it's a heart, it works like any other hearts.

hiting a heart will damage the person, just like every other heart.

And blow Cd's on heart cause heart takes 100% extra damage from all attacks
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

indeed, pop BL on the heart.

1st heart is at 75% 2nd is 50%, 3rd is 25% , if u can get the heart to -50%, the boss will take another 25% of his hp, and wen u reingage the boss, u will basically drop straight bak into a heart phase.

iirc, if u keep nuking the heart to -50%, you wont get tantrum, since he will go into heart phase everytime he comes out of it. i could be wrong tho, only killed the boss twice since it opened :P

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas
    it's a heart, it works like any other hearts.

hiting a heart will damage the person, just like every other heart.
    By this logic, why don't bosses scream and roll when I light them on fire?

Quote Originally Posted by hurtgen
    1st heart is at 75% 2nd is 50%, 3rd is 25% , if u can get the heart to -50%, the boss will take another 25% of his hp, and wen u reingage the boss, u will basically drop straight bak into a heart phase.

iirc, if u keep nuking the heart to -50%, you wont get tantrum, since he will go into heart phase everytime he comes out of it. i could be wrong tho, only killed the boss twice since it opened :P
    I imagine this is also the easiest way to get the "Must Deconstruct Faster" (kill him in 205 seconds) achievement.

Deleted

From what i understand with the mechanics of this encounter you dont get the hard mode achievement by killing the boss without touching the heart, this is only activated if you actually kill the heart when it appears before the timer runs out and boss resumes P1 again.

Is it true that if you DPS his heart WITHOUT killing it the damage is relfected fourfold on the bosses' health? I read on WoWWiki but I havn't seen it anywhere else. Any information from guilds that have done this would be nice.
    It doesn't reflect fourfold onto the boss. It's 1 to 1, but you do double damage to the heart, so from a certain point of view, you might say it's reflected twofold onto the boss. You also only want to blow CDs on the heart if you don't have high enough DPS to kill it. If you blow CDs and get it to 10% in 15 seconds, then you waste a good bit of heroism/BL, and you're better off hitting it on the body phase, or near the end of the heart phase.
    Main: Enhance Shaman
    Current alt status:
    80 Unholy DK - 80 Feral Druid - 80 Disc Priest
    80 Ret Paladin - 80 Arcane Mage - 80 Prot Warrior
    77 Warlock - 80 Marks Hunter - 75 Rogue

I participated in the legendary Bacon thread.

15+ Year Old Account

Its incorrect about the "fourfold". The heart got 100% increased damage taken and all damage done to the heart will be done to Deconstructor when he gets back to normal phase, this does however doesn't mean that if you take heart down to 75% the body will take 25% it means that if you deal 1 million damage to heart then body takes 1 million damage when coming back.

lol ever heard of strat reading