Sacred Shield Tooltip Bug?

I'm a Prot Paladin who has and hasn't specced into Divine Gaurdian to see how much it would absorb. When I do spec into it the tooltip says 600 Absorbtion, Which makes sense with 20% of the normal 500 absorbtion being 100 added on. But the main problem is I thought that it's suppose to scale with Spell Power now. I have about 1k Spell Power when raid buffed and yet it Still says 500 or 600 depending on how I'm specced. I've asked Holy pallys and Ret pallys and they've said it still says 500 too so I'm geussing it's not a bug with Prot's talented SP from stamina. Then I decided to test it out on some Mobs the results sort of varied.

Anyone else having this Tooltip problem or is it really not Absorbing the right damage?

Re: Sacred Shield Tooltip Bug?

From what I have seen in the past. The only thing that actually shows scaling on the tooltip is casting time + haste. Go pvp, test it and check your combat log.

15+ Year Old Account

i got it and it works perfectly.

absorbing around 2k dmg on myself

It simply doesn't show the real absorbed value on the tooltip. It always says 500 damage, whatever is your SP value.

Thank You Very Much for the Replys ;D

Yeah, I Tested it out again and with my 718 SP unbuffed it's absorbing an extra 540 which ends up being 1040 for each Proc.

Thanks again for the confirmation on the Tooltip and I'm glad the actual ability is absorbing for the right amount.

it was absorbing around 3400 last night with 3079 spellpower

which is approx

1.2*(3079*.75 + 500)

tooltip is way off from what it really does