Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Priest Leveling Has Been Royally Screwed.

I am now forced to sit and drink every kill/other kill, as disc/shadow, respectively.

This spirit mana regen typically isn't noticable in instances, but while soloing, GG.

I seriously can't hold mana if my life depended on it, even with Spirit Tap AND Meditation.

At 80, I imagine it'd be easier with Hymn of Hope (which was moved to 80 FFS, for no freakin reason -.-), and Shadowfiend... But as of now, anything below shadowfiend is in for a world of hurt for leveling >_<

Any other priests been having hell?

EDIT: Btw, does anyone find it funny the excuse for the mana regen nerf was Holy Pallys, but they messed with Spirit, not mp5? >_>

Re: Priest Leveling Has Been Royally Screwed.

i'm a little bitter they removed a core aspect of the game, one that i made myself conscious of at all times to be the most effective. yeah it sucks but i guess we'll have to get used to it =\.

sort of like when they removed downranking.

I guess I am a freak of nature, I actually enjoy leveling up priests, currently doing my 3rd one.

Got one horde, one alliance, and am about to start my 3rd , which will be a draenei priestess

To me priest is maybe the most enjoyable class to level up, but I often see people hating it.

I have leveled up most classes to 70, exception is DK and rogue, both stopped at lvl 60, and to me, the most boring leveling i did was druid and paladin. But to each his own.
    http://i556.photobucket.com/albums/ss6/shirvala/shirvala-sig.jpg

http://warcraftid.com/card/385/s/c3c887bb2fd4f022e158ca0411629789/spirit.jpg
    (Sig and avatar too large)

Quote Originally Posted by Shirvala
    I guess I am a freak of nature, I actually enjoy leveling up priests, currently doing my 3rd one.

Got one horde, one alliance, and am about to start my 3rd , which will be a draenei priestess

To me priest is maybe the most enjoyable class to level up, but I often see people hating it.

I have leveled up most classes to 70, exception is DK and rogue, both stopped at lvl 60, and to me, the most boring leveling i did was druid and paladin. But to each his own.
    Huh? I enjoyed leveling before this patch, I made the topic because the mana regen has royally screwed with priests leveling ._. I literally had to drink after every kill on my disc priest, and every other one on my shadow priest >_< (Unless the mobs were 5 levels or more under said priests)

I agree that it was a poorly thought out change. If they wanted to affect Priests doing regen naps, they could have tweaked it better. I haven't had a chance to play with it (hurray instance servers being down almost constantly since 3.1 was pushed), but I did notice how much worse it was when I was switch back and forth between specs which, btw, I also think was poorly thought out. Rogues losing all their energy takes a few seconds to regen, Warriors often have little or no rage going into a fight, similar to DKs with runic power, but switch specs and needing more than a minute to regen (and more than 30s, even if you drink) doesn't seem as balanced.

I think the easiest fix to keep the nerf and not make soloing so painful, would simply be to keep the OOFSR regen nerfed while in combat, but have it back where it was before when not in combat. That way they can still balance encounters as they wish, but soloing and drinking wouldn't be hurt much at all. I can't imagine it would be terribly difficult to implement either.

Ok.

I dunno what to say about that, since i havent begun leveling my draenei yet :/

(And my other 2 was leveled long time ago)
    http://i556.photobucket.com/albums/ss6/shirvala/shirvala-sig.jpg

http://warcraftid.com/card/385/s/c3c887bb2fd4f022e158ca0411629789/spirit.jpg
    (Sig and avatar too large)

I stopped playing my low level priest now.

No point at all. I'm not gonna waste half of my play time drinking, screw that crap.

My priest is at 64 and I can't complain at all, of course, I noticed that the manareg lowered, but I can't say I'm spending half of my playtime drinking

Deleted

thats cause u have dispertion and SF and have some spirit on ur gear, at levels 59 and under its a nightmare.

Priest leveling was never good, well not compared to other classes that ive leveled(all but lock/warrior)

if you have a 80 character, buy this for your priest:

Discerning Eye of the Beast

not unique, no internal cooldown, do stack

if you are discipline: grab 10 mobs, power infusion + holy nova spam, 10 mobs means 40% mana back per pull

if you are shadow: grab 10 mobs, mind sear spam, of course you need to be level 75 for mind sear

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

I didn't notice too much of a change (level 80) but my spec now has meditation and I dumped improved shadowform and silence. Still tinkering though.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I have hardly noticed a difference...I can take down 4-5 mobs quick before I have to mana up again...not much difference then before and thats not even factoring in Shadowfiend/Hymm of hope/Dispersion cause I never use those while leveling (im on a pvp server so i always keep those off CD)

How much spirit do you have? The changes should only really be impacting your regeneration outside of grinding, unless you are whiffing on spirit tap procs somehow. You are still getting full regeneration during combat...

I see the complaining but I am a bit confused as to the how and where of the math.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanderlei
    I have hardly noticed a difference...I can take down 4-5 mobs quick before I have to mana up again...not much difference then before and thats not even factoring in Shadowfiend/Hymm of hope/Dispersion cause I never use those while leveling (im on a pvp server so i always keep those off CD)
    Why would you keep Hymn of Hope off cooldown for PVP? I am shadow on a PVP server as well, and so I can understand Dispersion and the new awesome Shadowfiend being kept off cooldown, but Hymn is pretty useless in a PVP fight.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Can I ask if you guys are doing the

MB -> SW:P -> MF -> MF -> MB(if needed) -> then wanding it down (usually after its below 50%)

or something different
    L2P or GTFO
    - Gear isn't free, earn it
    - I also have opinions regarding this game, you're not special
    - LFG Heroics.

I had this complaint from a guildie - who had put all his talents into dps and none into mana regen. And whose wand skill was at 10.

I jumped on my Ally alt to check it out and it isn't as flash as it should be - but not so very very bad

When I was leveling up my priest (which was around mid TBC) after almost everyfight I was drinking :P not much changed by the sound of it, currently soloing stuff with him is a breeze at lvl80 hardly any downtime if any
    Priest - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&n=Yarmi
    Warrior - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&n=Clo%C3%BAd

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou
    Huh? I enjoyed leveling before this patch, I made the topic because the mana regen has royally screwed with priests leveling ._. I literally had to drink after every kill on my disc priest, and every other one on my shadow priest >_< (Unless the mobs were 5 levels or more under said priests)
    1. well since i would never lvl as disc and only as shadow dunno about the first one
    2. since my priest is already 80 no idea if its different lowlvl

i never have to reg but thats not becuz of hope
    its cuz my manareg is the highest as shadow
    even higher then holy priest with holypriest gear and whatever pre 3.1

infight: since one of my spells always crits -> more spirit -> more manaregen +50% + Replenishment
    out of fight: i always kill the mob -> 100% spirit 87% manaregen(spirit tap) + 50% manaregen easily above 1k + Replenishment

if my mana ever goes underneath ~80% (which almost never happens) --> dispersion

and if dispersion has cd (which never happens while leveling.. only if i had to pvp inbetween) shadow fiend

and i really never use hymn

so i would prolly go for 0/0/51 first since Dispersion does reg alot of mana once u got that talent u wont go oom i guess

if i have (for one or another reason) ~30% mana after a fight --> 100% spirit 87% manaregen + 50% manaregen + Replenishment + dispersion --> 100%

So it's not just me ...

I ran OOM so quick it wasn't fun.