Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Priest Leveling Has Been Royally Screwed.

Leveling a priest is not hard... You just cant nuts and nuke down the mob... Put your dots on the mob (do not put on VE) and then just let them do their work.. Throw in a MF or a MB if necessary other than that just dot up like 4-5 quest mobs and PW:S yourself and there you go.

Why wouldn't you put up VE? It costs no mana and means you can get healed from the damage while levelling instead of having to shield.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

DRINKABLE WATER INC WHILE COMBAT!!! or SPAMMABLE POTS!!!

I always found priest leveling to be absoloutely horrible, worse than mage, rogue warrior and druid. I am incredibly grateful I got through when it was just horrible, before it became unbearable like now. (Loving it on 80 tho!)
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Balnazzar&cn=Eydes

Do you think you have what it takes to be in a 12/12 ICC heroic (world 34th) guild that doesnt use alt raids and doesnt extend raiding? Check us out at http://www.paparazziguild.com/

The biggest nerf to lowbie leveling has to be Wand Spec
    Shame they didn't keep that and add a heirloom wand, fastest leveling class ever then

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Why would you keep Hymn of Hope off cooldown for PVP? I am shadow on a PVP server as well, and so I can understand Dispersion and the new awesome Shadowfiend being kept off cooldown, but Hymn is pretty useless in a PVP fight.
    Mana regen...I blow my mana about twice as fast in a pvp encounter then a pve encounter...so psy scream + hymm comes in handy for the mana boost after effect if im gettin low on mana.

You burn almost all of the mana you get from it by shifting back into Shadowform, as well as not doing any additional damage to the feared person. Besides, I have yet to have fight someone in world PVP and blow through my entire mana bar as well as Shadowfiend and Dispersion, and still not have either killed them or died myself, considering that if you are grinding or questing, you will usually be wearing PVE gear.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I can imagine how leveling before 60 got screwed but being lvl 71 now i find it way easier to kill mobs as disc spec due to critting a lot. I stop to drink only if i need to kill more than 10 mobs in a row which is a rare thing.

Deleted

Personally, I got myself lots and lots of intellect gear, while still having a decent amount of spirit. As of this OOFSR, I decided to rely more on Replenishment to keep going. Dot up -> Replenishment, find a new mob..

I cant rely comment on the pre-patch meritsa or not, the one thing I have noticed about the Priest is that, post patch it is lvling better than my Pally! Will stick with it and see how it goes, I do agree though that the mana seems to drop faster, but the DPS has increased!!

Deleted

I dont think blizzard was thinking of the leveling priests out there when considering the nerf to spiritregen..

Actually I'm happy with this nerf, in Naxx high lvl priests couldnt get oom already, so what kind of challenge could ulduar give us then? It was either bosses hitting hard, really making the priest spamheal and not waste a global cooldown or affect the manaregen (priests and druids where the classes that seemed to have infinite mana).

Now ulduar will be a challenge again, pots will be needed, replenishment will be needed, etc. I'm happier with a nerf to my manaregen so I have to watch my mana carefully instead of acting like a 'healbot' and heal every gcd.

I expect when ulduar geared we might be close to the situation we had pre-3.1 but not entirely.

Now, i agree with the fact my shadow priest is going oom far quicker, but you shouldnt forget that with Dispersion when you do go OOM its a quick way to bump it back up, obviously if your too low for that talent then OOM will happen more frequently, but if your clever with your DoT's then going OOM doesnt happen, i can kill 10-12 mobs atm without even getting low mana.

EDIT: Btw, does anyone find it funny the excuse for the mana regen nerf was Holy Pallys, but they messed with Spirit, not mp5? >_>
    emm paladins dont use mp5...
    they stack on inte and crit and use trinkets like nobles deck and saphiron one which regenerate 900 mana on crits

pally mana problem is because they have way too many talents that let them spam heals endlessly
    and yea blizz nerfed spirit regen way to hard...
    Quote Originally Posted by Darhaja
    bad math ur doing 1.5.... its 150% sooo 100 haste rating = 250 after the buff or 300 haste rating 150% = 750 haste dunno how u got 1.5 or 15% anywhere its giving u 150% more haste from the haste u already have why do ppl try to always complicate things.

It's little bit futile to complain about things that happen under lvl80 / end game content. Blizzard has said many times that they tend to balance the game to level cap and not care so much what happens under that. I know it sucks to drink after every pull but are you doing something wrong? When I was leveling my priest 70-80 pre spirit change didn't have to drink that often.