Both 15/51/5 Rogues in Yogg-Kill using Tuskarr's over Icewalker/Greater Assault?

Why?

I cant get it to out dps Icewalker or Greater Assault on a spreadsheet, but I did think it was quite strange that both of them used Tuskarr's Vitality and both were indeed world first yogg-killers, so....

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...n&n=Krematoria

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...idon&n=Calippo

thoughts?

Re: Both 15/51/5 Rogues in Yogg-Kill using Tuskarr's over Icewalker/Greater Assault?

Run speed is a DPS increase on any fight that is mobile, and having it on the boots frees a meta.

Re: Both 15/51/5 Rogues in Yogg-Kill using Tuskarr's over Icewalker/Greater Assault?

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticSong
    Run speed is a DPS increase on any fight that is mobile
    and there's no more unholy aura, so gg

oh and it has been this way since TBC came out.

Run speed is a DPS increase on any fight that is mobile, and having it on the boots frees a meta.
    Since when do u pve with a run speed meta? 0.o

Quote Originally Posted by Lark
    oh and it has been this way since TBC came out.
    Yeah i fIgured it was a boss-fight dependent type thing, but have YOU ever chanted boots specifically for 1 fight? Maybe i should get a second pair of dawnwalkers lol.

One fight? How many fights do you find yourself standing still the whole way through?

And do you have a comprehension problem? I specifically said run speed on the boots makes it so you wouldn't need to waste a meta for the same effect.

Re: Both 15/51/5 Rogues in Yogg-Kill using Tuskarr's over Icewalker/Greater Assa

ensida likes to kill things fast they prolly take any speed increase both in the kill and in trash/movement they can for world first clearing competition

just my thoughts

One fight? How many fights do you find yourself standing still the whole way through?

And do you have a comprehension problem? I specifically said run speed on the boots makes it so you wouldn't need to waste a meta for the same effect.
    Tbh you said it'd "free a meta", which means that atm you'd have a speed-enchanct in your meta-slot.

Cause, y'know, if there ain't no speed-gem in your meta, you can't set the meta free with a speed-enchant.

ensida likes to kill things fast they prolly take any speed increase both in the kill and in trash/movement they can for world first clearing competition

just my thoughts
    yar should be noted that world first is not optimal performance. its learning yogg quick and staying alive long enough to see his tricks/phases w/e.

extra run speed in this case i think is optimal for learning and performing a quick n' dirty boss kill.

if hit capped, all melee classes should be using tuskars over ice/agi/attackpower assuming they are hit caped. DK aura no longer applies, and apparently not only do u gain more survivability, but ur dps actually goes up because of less down time away from attacking something.

You won't be able to calculate movement speed in a spreadsheet, but it's a lot better than 12hit/12crit that's for sure.
    On static fights it wont be, but you can always get a second pair of boots for that.

Nihilum/Ensidia used/uses speed enchant on boots for tanks and dpsers since forever, it's not like they went for that only for YoggyBear. If you spend more than 4 sec/min moving (both as ranged and melee dps), the speed enchant is a dps increase over Icewalker.

And do you have a comprehension problem?
    Nope, but apparently you have an inability to articulate clearly. (as noted below)

Quote Originally Posted by Voij
    Tbh you said it'd "free a meta", which means that atm you'd have a speed-enchanct in your meta-slot.

Cause, y'know, if there ain't no speed-gem in your meta, you can't set the meta free with a speed-enchant.

A big thank you for all others who responded constructively and on topic, you've been helpful as usual. I am definitely going to p/u a second pair of boots.

rogues have been using run speed foot enchants since tbc, in most fights its a decent dps boost. especially if you are poison hit capped without the 12 hit from icewalker.

now the question is how expensive will those sexy crafted boots cost to make?