Quantz-Ensidia Mage

So like this dude I have a fire and ffb spec. But I noticed he was 51/20 which is a little different than the normal spec. So I checked out his FFB spec, the other mage has that same spec. So do they know something I do not? They took 3/3 out of master of elements, which is the entire reason of using FFB, less mana intensive. But he has 2 points into arctic reach. Now flame throwing I can understand. What am I missing? I haven't been on EJ in a couple of months and honestly just logged on one night to raid the last month. That is all I spent on anything WoW.

So please enlighten me on what is up with that please.

Re: Quantz-Ensidia Mage

Maybe he likes the longer range for trash, or the bigger radius for frost nova.... or just some weird preference, dunno. But FFB is efficient enough to shift the points from MoE to something different.
    An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.

plain stupid?

well there is no reason to that, since flame throwing doesnt increase your range of FFB. maybe he wanted to increase the range of scorche, but thats just a wild guess.

anyway, putting points into artic range just doesnt make sense

It's ussually for the bigger blizzard range therefor more damage ussually in any aoe situation.

About Flame Throwing, here's a hint: without FT, scorch has 30 yd range, pyroblast has 35 yd. With FT, scorch is 36, pyro is 41. FFB is 40. So, staying at max range and throwing FFB means it's mandatory to have FT too, for pyro procs.

Quote Originally Posted by PvE_Mage
    I can haz a armory link, plz
    How hard can it be, name and guild in subject...

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ridon&n=Quantz