Thread: Moonkin DPS

Moonkin DPS

Hey all, I've been reading MMO-Champion for a while, but I never registered.

I have a quick question: how much DPS should a moonkin be doing on a target dummy?

At the moment I do about 3.6-4k dps on a dummy... My gear isn't that good though (still wearing some resto pieces). I'm wondering how much DPS you guys do on dummies.

Thanks!

Re: Moonkin DPS

idk about dummy, but 4.5 - 5.5k dps in ulduar (while not moving all the time).
    Veth, Hand of A'dal @ EmotionS
    100 Tauren Druid, Destromath

Thanks for your answer. I was doing about 4.3k dps on XT-002 last night, so I guess it's alright then

15+ Year Old Account

I am Duel Spec boomkin now.

What rotation do you use? I have found i am able to do MAX dps with my spec keeping IS/MF up and spamming Wrath until eclipes then StarFire. Using Starfall and Trents when they are up.

Do you suggest i change my talents a bit?

DPS Boomkin / Feral Tank

My druid is my alt, so i'm below hit cap with a mix of Naxx 10 and 25 gear.

I do about 3k DPS on the target dummies, and i've actually noticed a slight increase in DPS with the new patch.

My normal rotation is IFF, IS, MF, wrath until eclipse, then starfire until eclipse is off CD (SquawkAndAwe keeps track of the inner cooldown). When Eclipse is procced for starfire, I don't refresh IS but I always keep MF up for the 3% more crit. Other than that I always have IS and MF up.

I don't spec into Typhoon or Starfall either.

My druids name is Morphling from Kargath if you want to check spec.

starfall is worth it for sure now, it got 1/2 the CD and a higher spell power coeff.
    Once Elendur of Arthas.

15+ Year Old Account

I am a Restoration Druid and I made about 3.400 DPS on a target dummy with my healing gear = no hit, no critt etc.

Umm actually spirit does give us more dps, plus mana regeneration which computes to more mana which computes to more dps. Imp Mookin form gives us 15% of our spirit as additional spell power.... so I think blizzard knows a little of what they are about...

Quote Originally Posted by iLive
    I am a Restoration Druid and I made about 3.400 DPS on a target dummy with my healing gear = no hit, no critt etc.

Try the Heroic dummy next time.......you'll notice the lack of hit......

Quote Originally Posted by Surreall
    Umm actually spirit does give us more dps, plus mana regeneration which computes to more mana which computes to more dps. Imp Mookin form gives us 15% of our spirit as additional spell power.... so I think blizzard knows a little of what they are about...
    Bold part: No no no and no. It computes to more damage, not more dps.

To the part after that, no I don't think Blizzard knows what they made of the Moonkin. Give me gear without any form of spirit on it, same itemlvl, thus meaning the spirit stats are re-allocated to int, SP, haste, crit, hit, etc... And I'll be doing not only more DPS, but I'll also have about the same manaregen I have now.

They think we need Spirit, but really, we don't. The gains we get from it is subpar to any other caster.
    That mages, locks and maybe priests need Spirit is warranted, they benefit more from it then we do.

When I read that Blue statement that they want to make Spirit a more wanted stat, not as neglected as it was in TBC, I never knew they were gonna force it on us.

i pulled like 5200ish dps on patchwork 10man

buffs were ele shammy and mage for crit.

could do more with flask and food buff etc.

this is with IS,MF,SF glyphs and doing the IFF,MF,IS, Wrath to proc eclipse rotation then spaming the shit out of SF

Quote Originally Posted by kaboomkin
    Hey all, I've been reading MMO-Champion for a while, but I never registered.

I have a quick question: how much DPS should a moonkin be doing on a target dummy?

At the moment I do about 3.6-4k dps on a dummy... My gear isn't that good though (still wearing some resto pieces). I'm wondering how much DPS you guys do on dummies.

Thanks!
    How long a time do you keep that dps up for? or is that your peak dps?
    Retards should not be aided. They should just be pointed toward the coldest pole on which to stick their tongue.
    A Balance Druid who has balanced the Balance in his Balance Spec between Crit and Haste is a Balanced Balance Druid.
    80 Druid (exBC toon), 80 Mage (Arcane), 80 DK (lol), 80 Hunter (MM), 80 Pally(prot/ret), 61 Rogue (Ass/Subt), 80 Lock (Demo/Affli), 23 Warr (Prot/fury hybrid).
    Pally - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thunderhorn&cn=Nikoli.
    Hunter - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thunderhorn&cn=Grubba

I did 4.1k dps with a shaman's totems a few days ago, 3.6k without totems. So I went to the heroic training dummy today, and only managed to do about 3.1k dps... My Insect Swarm seems to be ticking for less than it did a couple of days ago.

My stats (self buffed):
    2034 spell power
    Hit capped
    252 Haste
    24.20% Crit in Moonkin form

I have no clue what's going on...

15+ Year Old Account

i put out 3.5 -4k on dummies. on single target bosses with no funny damage modifiers i can hit 5k+ if eclipse likes me.

these numbers aren't the heroic test dummies are they? o_O

cause I hit 5500 dps on Emalon in VOA25 not well fed or flasked but I only do about 3.5-4k usually on the heroic test dummies.

Pre 3.1 avarage DPS for one mana pool on heroic dummy (self buffs only) was around 3200.

Post 3.1 avarage DPS for one mana pool on same dummy (again self buffed) is about 3700... thou way fewer test rounds so far.

In both cases, when the RNG gods have favored me, the top dps has been way higher. Post 3.1 peak dps on dummy bit over 5k and highest mana pool DPS so far 3974.

Rotation i still prefer is StarFire,MF,IS, wrath till Eclipse, SF till eclipse rdy again, then Wrath spam. StarFire,IS and MF refreshed douring eclipse if i have more than 50% of it left, otherwise refreshed when needed.

THe new NG proc + Lunar Eclipse rocks! i get out 2 SF per proc and more often than not, one of them is crit so its basicly NG proced SF trough Eclipse proc. Me likes Need more crit :P

Khad

Ipit, Finnish speaking 25 raiding guild on Lightbringer-EU is recruiting. Check our website for more info.

Khad, by a couple of days I didn't mean pre 3.1.

Yeah, i ques you didnt

I put the pre 3.1 results there to give some info on how i did back then (only a week a go tbh :P) since what we do now vs should do now is still at its infancy. To give current results some relativity.

It might have been that you have aplied your Insect Swarms douring some form of buff/proc before, shaman totem or some such.

Khad
    Ipit, Finnish speaking 25 raiding guild on Lightbringer-EU is recruiting. Check our website for more info.