Thread: SPriest tactics

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: SPriest tactics

good to know. i expect to see an increas in dmg now
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I'm going to hell, and you're all coming with me.

Why do you guys fade before the pull? Just to avoid pulling off the tank for the first 20 sec or so?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Birds
    Why do you guys fade before the pull? Just to avoid pulling off the tank for the first 20 sec or so?
    The tank must really suck if you are able to pull aggro while setting up VE and dots. The startup rotation is far from bursty.

It means that itis impossible for you to pull aggro, and is very useful before AoE pulls with Mind Sear. It is also a safeguard incase the tank misses the first hit or two.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by adezero
    boss fights require movement, not just standing in one place, and not giving your raid misery asap is foolish.

try being a support player and not a total idiot relying on strictly the recount meters which mean nothing. same can be said about the fire mage who never puts scorch up and waits for the other mages to do it.
    If you can't get a 1.5 base 1.4 sec cast in between movements then you should probably quit..... with an opener of vt -> mb or mf you should have no problem getting misery up within the first few moments of the fight. L2P

Point is, you need to ensure you have 5/5 shadow weaving before applying SWP (yes, you can apply it first for misery... but thats wasted mana and dps time)

I normally open with:

VT
    DP
    MB
    Mind Flay (full channel)
    SWP
    VE

Opening with DP is a risk because if it resists you have to wait 24s before you can attempt to apply it again.

I don't really like VT -> DP since I experienced several resists on DP, the spell hitting at the same time as VT, misery isn't up yet :'(.

Switching to VT -> MB -> DP feels safer.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingmoo
    lately i have been using
    MF3 -> VT -> DP -> SW:P
    Hmm, why wouldnt you change this to VT -> MF3 etc,
    So you get allready some mana back from you MF?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylie
    Hmm, why wouldnt you change this to VT -> MF3 etc,
    So you get allready some mana back from you MF?
    You only recieve mana back from replenishment now. Replenishment is only proc'd from MB once VT is on the target. But still I am a fan of throwing VT up first!

Considering the fights in Ulduar, I think talking about a initial rotation is absolutely bullshit

Freya: Stack Shadow Weaving on her with MF.
    Thorim: Randomly nuke the trash, and loose SW before Mind Sear spam for 3 minutes. (12500 dps yir)
    Hodir: Killing Flash Freeze with Mind Flay and MB.
    Auriaya: Multi DoT first two cats.

On Kologarn and XT you can precast Wild Magic, and use normal stacking up rotation, and as well as on Iron Council, but all encounters involve a large amount of movement, so eventually our "patchwerk casting stategy" goes in the water.

Nez I was looking at your current UI you have (from your signature) and it looks like you aren't using your code modified quartz to display timers. Plus I see Class Timers in your addon list.

Any reason why?

Quote Originally Posted by Soxes
    Nez I was looking at your current UI you have (from your signature) and it looks like you aren't using your code modified quartz to display timers. Plus I see Class Timers in your addon list.

Any reason why?
    I'm using AzCastBar for cast-bar, Forte Xorcist for DoT Tracking, and ClassTimer for Trinket Proc tracking.

Forte Xorcist is made of supreme win, and I didn't enjoy the layout and customization options of Quartz, so I switched to something more lightweight.

I need to get a 3.1 updated version uploaded, but I keep forgetting to take a raid screen-shot to accomplish it. To busy raiding Ulduar I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingmoo
    With 3 stacks of Shadow Weaving up the first VT will do 3% more damage
    6% more damage.

I don't really think it matters, if you vast VT earlier you will be refreshing it with one with the full 5 stacks earlier, so it doesn't make much difference.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.