Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How to set up Macro Delays?

Not sure where this goes, but I'm trying to set up some Macros. Anyone knbow how to set it up so there's a delay on them?

Like "/cast (spell)" then after 3 secs "/yell (Worddssss)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Deleted

Re: How to set up Macro Delays?

/cast spell
    /in 3 /y (Worddssss)

Quote Originally Posted by detached
    /cast spell
    /in 3 /y (Worddssss)
    You sure? Not trying to be rude, but I thought I tried that and it didn't work ..
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Copain
    Not sure where this goes, but I'm trying to set up some Macros. Anyone knbow how to set it up so there's a delay on them?

Like "/cast (spell)" then after 3 secs "/yell (Worddssss)"
    Unfortunately adding pauses to macro's is not possible.
    Alganon: Catastrophe
    -Face the Deathbreath

Deleted

You sure? Not trying to be rude, but I thought I tried that and it didn't work ..
    Hmm, last time i used it was in bc in a drum macro. Not sure if they changed anything since then

Quote Originally Posted by LeGnome
    I know it's possible.

Someone taught me before and forgot.

Shammy in BC taught me it, he made one for his Heroism.

He'd /cast Heroism and then yell three things with a slight delay "THIS" "IS" "SPARTAAAAAAA"

Martini

for text it is possibly, for abilities it is not

/in 1 This
    /in 2 IS
    /in 3 SPARTAA

this may not be the correct syntax but thats the general idea. It has been a while since I made one. The numbers represent second btw, not line numbers

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by detached
    /cast spell
    /in 3 /y (Worddssss)
    This is correct.
    As an example to why I know this is correct, I have something like this myself :3

/in 1 /g U-
    /in 2 /g ZU-
    /in 3 /g MA-
    /in 4 /g KI
    /in 6 /g NARUTO RENDAN

;D

You thought wrong.
    You can only add 'pauses' for chat messages tho, not spells.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by LeGnome

ya if i rember right few patches back(maby even WOTLK patch) thay tolk it out...
    im trap in this bullshit this routine of life. they build us all up just to tear us all down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_fruit
    "its like my tongue on LSD"

Rock on. Thank you much ^^!~

EDIT: Why would they remove it?

I know it's possible.

Someone taught me before and forgot.

Shammy in BC taught me it, he made one for his Heroism.

He'd /cast Heroism and then yell three things with a slight delay "THIS" "IS" "SPARTAAAAAAA"
    yes its possible.thinking it isnt is just stupid.sadly im lookin for the same stuff atm
    To play those millions of minds,to watch them slowly respond to an unseen stimulus to guide theyr aspiration without theyr knowledge-all this whether in high capacities or in humble,is a big and endless game of chess of ever extraordinary excitement
    -sydney west-

Blizzard didn't remove it, because they never added it.

/in is provided by an addon

If you don't have one, get InDemand

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...owwithrpt.html

Quote Originally Posted by MiKE41

Is it? I've been using it for Sacred Shield refresh messages on my paladin, and i don't have any addon that messes around with macro's afaik.

I do have another question though; Is there a limit to the ammount of seconds you can set? Rather; Is it possible to have your character yell some random funny stuff every x minutes/hours/days by pressing a macro when you log in?

Remember to take all things in moderation (even World of Warcraft!)
    When interacting with other players a little kindness goes a long way!

Martini

dunno, but I highly doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by MiKE41

If you don't have one, get InDemand

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...owwithrpt.html
    I don't see why they'd do something like that when there sould just be an addon that provided sequenses, not allowing macros to ahve them.

Also the person who showed me said he didn't have one.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteroids
    Is it? I've been using it for Sacred Shield refresh messages on my paladin, and i don't have any addon that messes around with macro's afaik.

I do have another question though; Is there a limit to the ammount of seconds you can set? Rather; Is it possible to have your character yell some random funny stuff every x minutes/hours/days by pressing a macro when you log in?
    Hahaha, imagine if you were afk and then all of a sudden your toon yells out: "I like pizza!"

Made me smile a little. ^^
    For the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteroids
    Any Ace addons should provide it, as it is part of the Ace libraries. My ability to do it comes from RatingBuster, which uses the Ace libraries. It doesn't necessarily have to be an addon that alters macro settings.

I don't know for sure, I just doubt it's an addon, it seems weird that the addon wouldn't just tell you that it did it or have a built in feuture for it (as in it sets up it's own). Why ninja add something like that?

I don't know for sure, I just doubt it's an addon, it seems weird that the addon wouldn't just tell you that it did it or have a built in feuture for it (as in it sets up it's own). Why ninja add something like that?
    Well you can know for sure, and it is an "just an addon." The Ace libraries that many addons use provide lots of functionality, that's how they were designed, and many addon developers use the Ace framework to help in their addon development. It's not "ninja adding" as you assert, it is the nature of the Ace framework.
    This may be of interest to you for learning what a framework is:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_framework

Here is the exact code, straight from the Ace library file:
    C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Grid\libs\AceEvent-2.0\AceEvent-2.0.lua, Line 968.
    Code:
    	_G["SLASH_IN1"] = "/in"
    	SlashCmdList["IN"] = function(msg)
    		local seconds, command, rest = msg:match("^([^%s]+)%s+(/[^%s]+)(.*)$")
    		seconds = tonumber(seconds)
    		if not seconds then
    			DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Error, bad arguments to /in. Must be in the form of `/in 5 /say hi'")
    			return
    		end
    		if IsSecureCmd(command) then
    			DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(("Error, /in cannot call secure command: %s"):format(command))
    			return
    		end
    		self:ScheduleEvent("AceEventSlashIn-" .. math.random(1, 1000000000), editbox.Execute, seconds, editbox, command .. rest)
    	end
    That parses the /in command and delays it appropriately based on the number the user sets. This is not part of the default set of functions for WoW, it is only provided by addons, and many either do this by design, or use a library which does it. That is what it is, you can know for sure, 100% now, because that is exactly what it is, and it's proven here for you. I can see three addons I have that use these Ace libraries; AtlasLoot, Grid, and PallyPower. A previous version of RatingBuster had the AceEvent library included, but I don't believe the most recent ones do, so my mistake on my earlier post. If you were to install AtlasLoot, Grid, or most any addon which uses Ace libraries, you would get the /in function along with them.