Post 3.1 more damage taken?

First off, heres my armory.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Thos&n=jaynith

Ive noticed since 3.1 dropped, when tanking I've been taking significantly more damage than I did pre 3.1. I tried deep frost and just didnt like the aoe threat. Ive been unholy since 55 so maybe i'm a little biased. I went back to deep unholy which was what I used to MT for my guild with no issues. Now that I'm back to deep unholy, even with glyphed boneshield up, my healer had trouble keeping me up in heroic Nexus. I've talked to warrior and paladin tanks in the guild and they havent noticed anything different. Am I just on crack or has any of the other DK tanks noticed this?

Re: Post 3.1 more damage taken?

they nurfed DK tanks pretty f*ckin hard.... ofc your going to be taking more damage.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by Jaynith
    First off, heres my armory.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Thos&n=jaynith

Ive noticed since 3.1 dropped, when tanking I've been taking significantly more damage than I did pre 3.1. I tried deep frost and just didnt like the aoe threat. Ive been unholy since 55 so maybe i'm a little biased. I went back to deep unholy which was what I used to MT for my guild with no issues. Now that I'm back to deep unholy, even with glyphed boneshield up, my healer had trouble keeping me up in heroic Nexus. I've talked to warrior and paladin tanks in the guild and they havent noticed anything different. Am I just on crack or has any of the other DK tanks noticed this?

we lost blade barrier which was basically means you need to start stacking avoidance now since we lost 10% pure avoidance from that talent, which means your threat will be a bit lower as well due to less rune strike dmg. I'm not being negative but I have basically told my guild that I am just gonna be available to OT when needed due to my loss of intrest in the tanking side of this class, granted its still fun to tank and a lil bit harder than before which I like, but now we basically pally/warriors without shields and shield block stats, fun.

I have noticed that I take a bit more of a beating since 3.1 came out. Not too terrible, but I can tell I'm a little more squishy. I also miss Lichborne, which has been pretty much turned into a PvP talent. It was a nice mitigation ability.

I ran timed CoS last night without myself or anybody else dying. It got close in a couple spots, but we squeaked by. If we have been nerfed big time, then I think I can still work with it and keep on truckin'.

I have been a deep Frost tank from level 60+. My post-3.1 spec is pretty similar to my pre-3.1 spec, so the before vs. after is pretty apples to apples. My armory is at:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...or&n=Belegurth

I noticed my health bouncing a lot more, tanking some heroics as Unholy DPS (which I've done before)
    Have yet to test the proper tank spec, mainly blade barrier but on the up side, my TPS was quite a fair bit better

Should really stop slacking and buy Dual spec, WTB DPS weapon though, annoying rune :<

having no problem at all here in uldar as deep frost tank.

get hit a bit more, but for less (due to all the new -%damage)
    if anything i feel better now as im less spikey in terms of damage.
    and threats still solid as ever.

however, i guess the 10% avoidance nurf hits people with less gear a lot harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaynith
    keeping me up in heroic Nexus.
    I stopped reading after this part...Nexus, what? Are you on drugs? I would have understand this part if you would talk about Ignis 25, but Nexus. Haha, give us a break.

Quote Originally Posted by dotsdotsdots
    I stopped reading after this part...Nexus, what? Are you on drugs? I would have understand this part if you would talk about Ignis 25, but Nexus. Haha, give us a break.
    Haha, yeah funny. I'm a casual player, not an OMG I need to raid every night player. Yea, my gears not BiS, but its decent. I tank for a small guild of friends through Nax. Yes, normally I can tank H Nex while sleeping, who cant. But since 3.1, things seem to hit a bit harder, and I was wondering if anyone else experianced the same thing. Thanks for the INCREDIBLE input......ugh, those kinds of responses remind me of people with the IQ of a jar of mayonaise.

Take Acclimation if you need help tanking Nexus, should help with the nerfs to spell damage taken

Unbreakable Armor helps heroics immensely too
    Reject common sense to make the impossible possible!