holy / disc duel spec?

is anyone taking holy as there off spec for the more AOE healing fights? or sticking with shadow as their duel spec?

Re: holy / disc duel spec?

It's what I'm currently doing, and each spec is so situationally powerful, I now feel obligated to bring both to Ulduar, so dual-spec really didn't allow me to easily have a pvp or alternate role (shadow) spec at all. My PvE role is healer, and to be the best possible healer I feel the need to bring disc and holy. WTB Quad-spec?

I myself took the disc/holy dual spec. I don't have the shadow gear and i am the guilds main healer so i have come equipped with both specs and gear as needed. Unless you are just a part time healer or you have another active healer in your guild then you can go shadow as one spec. I would love to go shadow again but i'm not willing to lose my raid spot over it.

I am also disc main/holy dual spec. This way I can swap to better MT or raid heals depending on raid comp mix and need. It definitely makes you a more flexible healer.

For PvP, i'll likely just have to continue respeccing.

I think dual spec has brought the "Healing Priest" its long awaited identity. True flexibility. Being able to switch at will between Disco & Holy is such an enormous benefit for a raid.

Raiding world w/o Holy/Disco dual spec:

"Ok. Boss A does extreme tank damage over a long fight, so raid healers do your best. Boss B does extreme raid damage, so single target healers do your best."

Brave new world w/ Holy/Disco dual spec:

"Ok. Boss A does extreme tank damage over a long fight, priest A & B go Disco please. Boss B does extreme raid damage, lets have the priests spec Holy for this fight."

Of course, when there is the balanced "Boss C," one priest can go Disco and one can go Holy to provide maximum flexibility.

Sxxxy.

Quote Originally Posted by frozenshade
    is anyone taking holy as there off spec for the more AOE healing fights? or sticking with shadow as their duel spec?
    I'll keep being healer as Disc and Holy, I've not a main spec, I'll just spec depending on the encounter.