Deleted

Confused Holy Priest

I've been thinking some things after patch. I'm atm sitting with some nice haste, pretty poor crit, and loads of spirit.

I've seen priests socketing intellect. Is replenishemnt really worth sacrificing spirit?
    Then comes haste and crit. With recent changes I see crit much more attractive than haste, due to the serenidity and holy concencration changes. But how is it, witch of them really is better? With high-end gear will mana be that much problem that you'd like to keep holy concencration up all the time?

And finally glyphs. Renew, pretty decent glyph, I'm think about throwing it away, but I just love it atm. PW:S is pretty useless tbh, I've been thinking about taking glyph of guardian spirit instead of it. And finally glyph of flash heal, I'm going to keep that, no doubt.

So, what do you think? I'm pretty lost to be honest.
    Btw, there really should be some kind of FAQ for these kind of things, I searched and I didn't find anything :/

Re: Confused Holy Priest

Said it before i'll say it again. Holy spec is a mana hog. Disc if def the better healing spec in my eyes (as far as focus healing and shielding), let druids, shamans, and pally's pick up raid healing. But to each is own. Good luck.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Pruxx
    Said it before i'll say it again. Holy spec is a mana hog. Disc if def the better healing spec in my eyes (as far as focus healing and shielding), let druids, shamans, and pally's pick up raid healing. But to each is own. Good luck.
    That's not exactly the answer I was looking for, but thanks for your reply anyways (bump = good). Btw, paladins are not very good raidhealers in ulduar, and priests are awesome. Disc may be a strong single-target healer, but can't match the might of holy in AoE healing. Besides, my guild needs me as holy (already have couple of discos). Also 1,5 sec gheals are lifesavers very often I've noticed.

Then again, this is only my opinion, and I've been priest for pretty short time.

Deleted

Really, Holy Priests are awesome right now. Ulduar has lots of encounters with massive raid damage, and the bests healers for that are droos and holy priests.

Having POH party-targetable is so useful right now. That's why i dropped my PW:S glyph, and take the PoH one. That little hot is really good. Also, the best thing imo now is Divine Hymn. Everytime I use it its like 90k-100k of damage healed.

Now, your dilemma about crit and haste. With Ulduar, fast heals are great. Lots of burst damage. But still, I think crit is more important. I like to stack 30% holy crit raidbuffed, and then go for haste.

And about replenishment and int... Yeah, I think it's def worth it. Raid buffed I stand on 24k mana, and pretty decent mp5 (remember int helps raw mp5 too). I usually socket with 9spell+8int, or 16 int, or 8int+8spi.

It really depends on your gear. Stacking int but slacking spower is not good. Or have great crit but going oom isnt good neither.

Try to find a balance between your gear and talent points.

Yay, Holy priest post!

Ok. Here is the deal w/ holy priesthood. First and foremost, get yourself over 2.5k SP raid buffed. Second, when selecting gear, make sure it has both Intellect and Spirit on it. Itemize crit over haste until about 30% raid buffed crit. Gem for Intellect.

Selecting only items with Spirit on them will give you plenty of OS5SR regen to take advantage of the HC uptime you will have w/ your 30% crit. By prioritizing Intellect on gems, you will maximize your mana pool, giving you better returns on replenishment.

Haste is a last resort stat for Holy, imo. Especially with the new Serendipity. Holy priests are THE AoE damage healing spec. No one can pump more HPS to more targets at once re-actively. Given a full Serendipity stack & CoH glyph, you can hit 11 targets with 3k to 5.5k (non crit) worth of healing within 2 seconds. This type of burst AoE healing is mandatory for fights like XT (Tantrum).

Quote Originally Posted by Machine
    I've been thinking some things after patch. I'm atm sitting with some nice haste, pretty poor crit, and loads of spirit.

I've seen priests socketing intellect. Is replenishemnt really worth sacrificing spirit?
    Then comes haste and crit. With recent changes I see crit much more attractive than haste, due to the serenidity and holy concencration changes. But how is it, witch of them really is better? With high-end gear will mana be that much problem that you'd like to keep holy concencration up all the time?

And finally glyphs. Renew, pretty decent glyph, I'm think about throwing it away, but I just love it atm. PW:S is pretty useless tbh, I've been thinking about taking glyph of guardian spirit instead of it. And finally glyph of flash heal, I'm going to keep that, no doubt.

So, what do you think? I'm pretty lost to be honest.
    Btw, there really should be some kind of FAQ for these kind of things, I searched and I didn't find anything :/
    Spirit has lots its value when it got nerfed some patches ago, now it grants less mana regen than before, way less I5SR and not that much OO5SR as before.
    Counter to that, Intellect got busted up, replenishment let you regen a % of your mana pool, wich of course is increased by your intellect, add that intellect by itself already increase your mana pool, all of this makes it better than spirit.

Holy glyphs should be Glyph of Flash Heal, of Guardian Spirit and of Circle of Healing.

I thought that mana regen being nerfed within the 5SR was countered by the increases to Meditation and other mana regen talents?
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Yup... your coefficient for Spirit to IS5SR has remained the same. With the changes to HC, you regen your full OS5SR regen while it is active. This uptime is modified by crit% and number of spells cast per X. Not to mention the Spirit to SP coefficient for Holy has remained the same.

Spirit is still a highly desired stat for Holy priests. I just wouldn't gem for it. Gemming INT is far better.

For Disco, its a straight up vs. for Spirit and Mp5. If the Spirit on an item works out to more IS5SR regen than an Mp5 item, the Spirit item is better, and vica versa.