Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Carrying People into Ulduar. Let's hear some stories!

Quote Originally Posted by Waltz
    So, I'm here to rant a little bit. But not in the way you'd expect. I'm not going to complain that it's 'too hard' or anything like that. I'd like to talk about those people in your guild you carry. The nice people, but you just CANT get them to function properly. Sometimes it's a healer, someone who just doesn't understand the idea of mana conservation. Othertimes a tank, the never-ending 'woops, forgot Righteous Fury lawl'. And the big one, the one that bugs me the most... The DPS. Overgearing half the raid, yet they can't manage to put out ANYTHING in numbers.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...on&n=Drukinner

This is a Boomkin in my guild. Right now, she's logged out with a Fishing Hat and a Fishing Pole; but in actuality has Valorous Helm and the Torch of Holy Fire. So she's 4/5 Valor and rocking the Pre-Uld BiS weapon for a balance Druid, atleast to my knowledge it was. We've had other boomkins talk to her, they've made suggestions and had her mess with her spec, given her rotations, and guess how much DPS she puts out? If we're LUCKY, she breaks 2k.

Last night we went up against Deconstructor. I am an UH DK, in my tank gear to grab the Pummelers when they come out. We wipe and call the raid when, 3 minutes into the fight, we've gotten him to 75% and the first set of adds start to show. He's got an Enrage of 6 minutes. 8 DPS can't break 2k in 4/5-5/5 Valor.

How, as a guild, have you all dealt with such players? I've informed the GM and officers, but if they shrug it off I'm ready to just call them on it. I'd hate to leave a guild of fun, nice people just to progress through new content, and 3/4ths of them are good players. We just can't carry the other 10 people in the guild.
    OMG you fucking punk! You twitted me all over the MMO champion forums?!!??!
    I'm gonna gquit ASAP and shame your senseless guild all over the server!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drukinner
    OMG you fucking punk! You twitted me all over the MMO champion forums?!!??!
    I'm gonna gquit ASAP and shame your senseless guild all over the server!!!!!!!
    Ok, it was just me .

But anyways, she is clearly not giving any kind of effort in what she's doing, If I were you I'd personally talk with her and give her a last chance, you can't really afford going around raiding with such a dead weight.

I've got a CLASSIC example.

In my previous guild (which I left, thankfully) the GM's Mommy raided with us. She had full T7.5 and the rest was high-end gear, but she still managed to do appalling DPS, usually less than the main tank.

On Deconstructor, I was doing around 5.5k DPS over the course of the fight, even with having to run out as melee. She somehow managed to do 1.9k DPS as a mage...

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...a&n=Babyboonda

I honestly don't know how it's possible to be so bad.
    CoryEverson: lvl80 Death Knight (Lich King)

Quote Originally Posted by sd78
    I've got a CLASSIC example.

In my previous guild (which I left, thankfully) the GM's Mommy raided with us. She had full T7.5 and the rest was high-end gear, but she still managed to do appalling DPS, usually less than the main tank.

On Deconstructor, I was doing around 5.5k DPS over the course of the fight, even with having to run out as melee. She somehow managed to do 1.9k DPS as a mage...

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...a&n=Babyboonda

I honestly don't know how it's possible to be so bad.
    I stopped reading at GM's Mommy.

Jesus, I'm still laughing...or I should be crying for the ones in that guild...I don't know...

15+ Year Old Account

My main is a DK tank. For 3.1, I made my second spec Unholy DPS.

On X2 I am easily capable of pumping out greater than 4k DPS.

This is in offspec gear - it's gemmed with green gems (albeit Perfect green gems), there's a little bit of T7.5, there's still a few blues in it, and I'm not fully hit capped.

So how people manage to do less than 3k on an Ulduar stand-and-deliver fight like X2 I'll never know.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

To the OP,
        I know exactly how you feel, I am raid leader for my guild and I find that it;s always then really nice people that faceroll the hardest.  I hate to tell them that I don't want them in the raid because they can't perform, but I feel that I have an obligation to the rest of the raiders to build the strongest composition.
        Every once in a while the people I do not let come express their discord, and I simply ask, which of the 25 people that I have in mind for the raid would you like me to bench for you?  Choosing a raid is hard, and you don't want to have to be a dick, but sometimes you do have to.
        Just sucks when people start leaving the guild when u just need another body to fill the slot, but Ulduar is much less friendly towards baddies.

I understand your problem as everyone else does, there's nothing more annoying than failcats like this, I just don't think there's a solution to it, cause in my eyes these people can't take raiding serious, and doesn't see the problem in what they're doing.

If not that, it might simply be that too much Naxxramas raiding have made people slack in raids cause they were so damn easy, my best guess would be to tell people that if they wanna actually kill anything, they should get their fingers out and press their buttons harder!

Quote Originally Posted by Waltz
    This is a Boomkin in my guild. Right now, she's logged out with a Fishing Hat and a Fishing Pole; but in actuality has Valorous Helm and the Torch of Holy Fire. So she's 4/5 Valor and rocking the Pre-Uld BiS weapon for a balance Druid, atleast to my knowledge it was. We've had other boomkins talk to her, they've made suggestions and had her mess with her spec, given her rotations, and guess how much DPS she puts out? If we're LUCKY, she breaks 2k.
    there's your problem right there, probably too busy talking to people through whispers, etc :P (mostly kidding but try watching her and see if she is constantly casting)

but on a more serious note, my guild's dps is appalling so far in ulduar. We've only put in serious attempts on razorscale and have to get him down 3 times before he stays down (in which case there is about 1-2? minutes left in the fight and he enrages). We have people way under tanks consistently through out many tries. "I can't dps cause i'm too busy watching for fires!" was one excuse I heard. And lots of people just standing in fires and dying

All of our dps are over 4.8k, maxing over 6k average every attempt consistantly.
    You need to get on anyone in that kind of gear pulling under 2k. It's inexcusable.

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart

Jesus, I'm still laughing...or I should be crying for the ones in that guild...I don't know...
    This is Mommy's little boy:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...a&n=Cryingwolf

Feel free to log on the server and ask what kind of DPS Mommy is putting out in 25mans.

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart

I wouldn't feel too bad for them, realm first naxx.. (he is at least)

He got it from running with the best guild on the server then got booted and started his own failguild a week later.

We have horrible DPS in our Raid which is competing against the feral tank, people with the learning curve of a flat line that die in fire, stand in the wrong place, have the reaction time of a dead skunk whatever and are to silly to move and some healers are really fail :>

just look at recount from razorscale firstkill *g 1-8 are the healers with the exception of 7 a ret Paly

Quote Originally Posted by HolyNoz
    We have horrible DPS in our Raid which is competing against the feral tank, people with the learning curve of a flat line that die in fire, stand in the wrong place, have the reaction time of a dead skunk whatever and are to silly to move and some healers are really fail :>

just look at recount from razorscale firstkill *g 1-8 are the healers with the exception of 7 a ret Paly
    Oh, how I know your pain.

My guild is the typical 10-15 core raiders, the rest getting carried. We'll have 1-3 healers that know their shit, 6-9 DPS and 1-4 tanks. Everyone else is just terrible or lagging behind.

It's not a matter of them being bad people at all, some just don't know what they're doing. We're all clad in 25 man gear, so we should be smashing these bosses. We haven't even progressed past XT/Razorscale/Ignis yet. As someone that has a well geared character for each role, I can see it getting very aggravating in the future.

Here's to hoping people get their act together for Ulduar..

Quote Originally Posted by bals
    there's your problem right there, probably too busy talking to people through whispers, etc :P (mostly kidding but try watching her and see if she is constantly casting)
    well.. the fact is.. I do have some terrible dpsers in my guild..

I'm a Moonkin on my main.. and there was another moonkin in my raid for sarth.. and he was doing CRAPPY dps.

I mean.. We were doing sarth+2 (raid10) so I was not dps-ing until the 1st add, to keep my Eclipse / trinket procs for when we can start the burn on the add. And really you don't need to dps sarth until you kill the adds.

The other Moonkin started dps right at the start (on Sarth)
    When the 1st add was at ~50% I was allready better than him on dmg done. Every tries.

So I decided to look at him closely to see what he was doing wrong...

And then I understood : He was never casting more than 2-3 spells in a row.. then he stopped.. then 2-3 spells.. then move.. then 1.. then Typhon (non-glyphed) right at the pop of the little drakes just to piss of the tank....

I mean come on as a Moonkin if you just chaincast Starfires (and nothing else) with 25man-stuff you should be well over 2k.. Add a Moonfire here and there and you are at 3k+.. (if you got moonfire and starfire glyphed as all raiding moonkin shoud).
    *French guy inside*
    *please forgive my poor english*

Sadly this happens far more than it should. In the last guild i was in, there was a hunter that constantly put out lower dps than he was capable of and he had by far the best gear in the guild. Nice guy and everything but when hes getting out dpsed by people who weren't fully epiced at the time, hes doing something wrong. I can't speak of whats going on now with them in Ulduar since i've been out of the loop a while but i simply can't imagen them getting far when the better players are carrying at least half their raid group.

I think the main reason is just slow reaction times. Some people can react very fast, have all their hotkeys setup in a good way and others just don't.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

Jesus christ, 2k DPS? In 4/5 Valorous? I mean, on our kill we had a healer doing 3.3k for chrissakes.

Quote Originally Posted by sd78
    This is Mommy's little boy:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...a&n=Cryingwolf

Feel free to log on the server and ask what kind of DPS Mommy is putting out in 25mans.
    If she is actually attempting to dps with a rune of the fallen gargoyle I can see part of the problem. Don't get me wrong my DK has that on her BEtrayer... but she tanks

I had a PuG naxx 10man where I did 30% of the raid damage on Patchwerk. Looking at the recount, one of the warlocks has 670dps.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nakriel
    Jesus christ, 2k DPS? In 4/5 Valorous? I mean, on our kill we had a healer doing 3.3k for chrissakes.
    i do 2.4-2.6k dps in heroics like up not full time dpsing even

i dont know how they manage so low in a raid with fully buffed
    50% of the Hunter population does not exist. They are Huntards.
    Don't Typ to Much, Lazy to Read