Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Ulduar with randoms?

i went with a pug in the first lockout. managed to down flame leviathan and deconstructor. haven't been able to go back since, but we also had problem with the ignis trash (which made us skip it), and for the life of us couldn't make it work with razorscale. i guess we just need to do the fights over and over again until everything in the encounter becomes trivial. anyway, the average dps was 3200, everyone was bringing food and flasks, and we took six attempts on deconstructor, four on leviathan, and spent three on ignis trash and six wipes on razorscale. so for a pug, we were both pretty dedicated and pretty decent. still, you can manage to put those pugs together if you have patience, and if you are harsh on gear/achievement filtering.

Re: Ulduar with randoms?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanuku

People will always do the "must have good gear" thing. But so far in this expansion, getting good gear is no indication of skill. The mage in blues could put out more dps than the mage in full epic naxx gear. I've seen it personally.
    True story. I can knock out over 3k dps easily as a hunter in just heroic gear/bit of Naxx, and I've seen other hunters in full Naxx 25/Malygos gear hardly breaking 2k, even with their pets. So far, gear doesn't seem that significant, but I imagine Ulduar will change those numbers, once we start seeing people Ulduar-geared.