Tanking Kologarn adds

After Kologarn's right hand is shattered; i need to tank the adds that spawn. So i put down consecration right before they spawn and you know the deal; avenger's shield hammer of righteous etc. The problem is; they dont aggro from consecration; and ignore it like its not there; and go directly for healers. Since my taunt is not aoe; but just hit 3 targets rest i need to pick 1 by 1. This actually caused a wipe for us. 7 of them spawned; and i couldnt pick some of before they raped priests in light speed.

Anyone else experienced something like this? Or have a solution for this?

Re: Tanking Kologarn adds

Did you have your Righteous Fury on? I know that our pally tank has had issues with the new pally power and his fury.

We downed it last night by having a 4th tank on the adds.
    We had a Druid that DPS the Arm and as soon as its down he go into BEAR form and take adds NP

I am pretty sure i had it on

and we downed him without needing a 4th tank; but i got annoyed by the fact they walked over consecration like there is nothing and i had to pick em 1 by 1.

same thing happened to our prot paladin, so me as a cat druid had to go bear and pick em up while the pally went ret

do you think it can be considered as a bug and reported?

Quote Originally Posted by jarelie
    do you think it can be considered as a bug and reported?
    Definately report it, that way Blizzard should atleast inspect the issue. You won't get punished if it isn't a bug

is this in 10 or 25man cause on thursday on EU servers we was trying him in 10man.im a unholy dk tank and we had a protadin.he started on the boss and i was on the adds untill he had 2 armour debuffs then i took the boss and he went on the adds.both my DnD and his conc was fine.just wanted to know as we are tryin him in 25man either 2mora or monday.would nice to know so i can give them a heads up

it is 25 man version; and death knight d&d was just fine. After it happened a couple of times; i went on boss and Death Knight on adds and we got the kill.

just put your consecration further away than it is now... so that they have to walk through the whole thing and not just half of it.

Concecration worked fine last night on 10man at least, havent tried 25man yet.

Our pala tank seemed to have no problems with picking em up in 10man with Cons either, so might be just 25 then.
    Just have your locks keep an eye out in case one of em goes on to smash healerfaces since they can be banished, altho thats obviously not what you want to do
    Still beats him killing healers i gues

Quote Originally Posted by jarelie
    After Kologarn's right hand is shattered; i need to tank the adds that spawn. So i put down consecration right before they spawn and you know the deal; avenger's shield hammer of righteous etc. The problem is; they dont aggro from consecration; and ignore it like its not there; and go directly for healers. Since my taunt is not aoe; but just hit 3 targets rest i need to pick 1 by 1. This actually caused a wipe for us. 7 of them spawned; and i couldnt pick some of before they raped priests in light speed.

Anyone else experienced something like this? Or have a solution for this?
    I checked this thread because I was like "wtf?"
    I dunno man. I solo tanked that thing... it's like the easiest thing for a paladin.
    like the basics of the basics...
    I will not believe that consecrate + avengers shield + HotR will not aggro the mobs.
    I picked them up very easily and I even had an eye beam following me 2 times in a fight.
    Stop standing in fire...

Consecration is an AoE DoT. It's possible the adds ran through your consecration in-between 'ticks', and thats why you didn't generate aggro. I noticed that they ran very quickly.

Allright next week i better put consecration further away; and yes in like 7 wipes we had in kologarn only 1 of them was because of that; just cus 7 adds spawned and i couldnt get 2 of them on me before 2-3 healers got nuked very fast. Damn priests are squishy. Thanks alot for the feedback.

I didn't have an issue with it last night. Out of our few attempts before we killed him, I had 1 add get away. I used exorcism to get him back. I dropped cons right under the arm and did shield plus hammer. I do have the glyph of HoTR. They should also have proximity aggro on you... since you should be the only one in melee range. It is only a split second but it should be long enough to snap them up with conc + hammer + avenger shield.