Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Did yogg-saron actually die?

just because the creator of a toy dies, does the toy not still exist and function.

The idea that if one of the old gods dies then Azeroth is destroyed makes no since to me. The world of Azeroth was created to stand on its own but be governed by higher power. Not directly connected to each other fates. Also who said that the God dies, you maybe just killing its manifested state. Its from if you will that only exists on Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Magalena
    just because the creator of a toy dies, does the toy not still exist and function.

The idea that if one of the old gods dies then Azeroth is destroyed makes no since to me. The world of Azeroth was created to stand on its own but be governed by higher power. Not directly connected to each other fates. Also who said that the God dies, you maybe just killing its manifested state. Its from if you will that only exists on Azeroth.
    Except for that fact that it's been quoted in all sorts of places that the reason the Titans didn't kill them is because of the fact that if they had it would have destroyed Azeroth . . .

Quote Originally Posted by SadWarrior
    there is one old god dead and you seen his corpse if you ever played on alliance side, so i dont see why Yoggy cant die
    Never confirmed to be an Old God, all is speculation on the Master's Glaive thing.

And I think we've simply subdued Yogg-Saron again, knocked him back to sleeping beneath Northrend, where he needs to be. The Old Gods' true forms lies outside of the physical realm, and we are merely banishing and injuring physical bodies. Yogg Saron is also... ginormous. Northrend is apparently almost LITERALLY on top of him. We've just punched him in his soft spot so he'll get knocked out.

Quote Originally Posted by romek
    Ulduar was merely a set back.
    That's starting to get old. Seriously.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Emiai
    Providing more evidence for the physical form idea, here we see about C'Thun - taken from http://www.wowwiki.com/C%27Thun.

'For thousands of years, the Qiraji worked tirelessly to resurrect C'Thun in its true physical form. '

Here we see that, we merely defeated a construct - built by Quiraji - that C'thun 'soul' or whatever, got 'into', he is still very much alive and waiting to be summoned back to physical form one day.
    I see...
    This is going to be next " Hey guys, lets turn level 60 Naxx into level 80 Naxx " thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Uuker
    He died, but will return 100%!!

Next week.
    this
    When We Ride Our Enemies..