Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Why replace OB with DS?

Thanks a lot, at least someone sees my point without dragging everything to "but my dps went up" and "diseaseless blood ftw". Blood = DS, Frost = OB, Unholy = SS - this effectively means we got 3 similar abilities which have very little difference now.

Back then, we could choose. Now we are given standart 2-buttons rotations, and some base abilities are rendered useless outside their respective specs. Annihilation for OB isn't a tactical bonus like it should be - it's mandatory, otherwise the skill is trash. Same goes for DS - it isn't a situational healing tool anymore, it's just another spammable OB with plain damage for blood only.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven
    Thanks a lot, at least someone sees my point without dragging everything to "but my dps went up" and "diseaseless blood ftw". Blood = DS, Frost = OB, Unholy = SS - this effectively means we got 3 similar abilities which have very little difference now.

Back then, we could choose. Now we are given standart 2-buttons rotations, and some base abilities are rendered useless outside their respective specs. Annihilation for OB isn't a tactical bonus like it should be - it's mandatory, otherwise the skill is trash. Same goes for DS - it isn't a situational healing tool anymore, it's just another spammable OB with plain damage for blood only.
    You can still "choose" to use w/e the hell you want

The point is for top dps there is nearly never a choice

X spec buffs X skills, you see this in every class
    Reject common sense to make the impossible possible!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Talamare
    You can still "choose" to use w/e the hell you want

The point is for top dps there is nearly never a choice

X spec buffs X skills, you see this in every class
    Imagine that Warlock's Drain life gets buffed damage and no longer drains life... I'm not talking about f*cking top-dps rotatation because top dps is not the meaning of the whole game, despite that most dpsers think so. We lost a base healing tool, which now simply copies another skill we already had. And also our way of evasion-and-self-healing-tanking got slapped in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by yomyom
    I wonder if all the people giving cylon crap realize that the highest dps blood build was the disease free one, assuming you had good gear. Hence why he is having trouble getting use to using them again, so am I, I keep forgetting to refresh them >.<
    It doesn't bother me, i am sure most people replying can't even hit the 2k dps mark. Diseases should not be in a blood rotation, that is just my opinion. Me and a friend started using a new disease free build and it is still holding strong, we are both hitting the 5k mark.

Cylon's Warcraft Blog - News, guides and more! Come join my community.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon24
    It doesn't bother me, i am sure most people replying can't even hit the 2k dps mark. Diseases should not be in a blood rotation, that is just my opinion. Me and a friend started using a new disease free build and it is still holding strong, we are both hitting the 5k mark.
    How have you gathered that we can't hit 2k? Because we don't have a gay little signature with our
    character stats? Or is it because we disagree with you about applying diseases? Either way you come off as a bonehead.

Pre 3.1 I supported diseaseless blood because requiring blood to get annilihation was just plain stupid. Now in 3.1 with deathstrike and glyph of disease or even plaque strike being buffed, there's really no reason not to use diseases, unless you are lazy or only have 2 working fingers.

Diseases belong in every specs rotation, it's kinda one of the key elements of a death knight. It's kinda like a warlock not wanting to use a curse or a rogue not wanting to use poisons. Now if you don't want to use them, knock yourself out. Just don't expect any sympathy when you say using diseases is clunky and certainly expect my troll ass to make a smart ass comment about it.

Cylon24, on your signature there is one less talent point. Also about the 5k mark with diseasless after patch, i hope you have something to support it cuz even elitish discourage diseasless now.
    YOU FACE NOT MALCHEZAR ALONE, BUT THE LEGIONS I COMMAND!

Quote Originally Posted by dsswoosh
    Stopped reading there.

Obliterate in any decent dps spec has never removed diseases.
    (notice the word decent before some nub posts about this comment)
    This is technically correct

In a diseaseless build there wouldnt be any diseases to remove in the first place
    and in the disease build they would always go 13 frost

so its technically correct
    Reject common sense to make the impossible possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal
    Cylon24, on your signature there is one less talent point. Also about the 5k mark with diseasless after patch, i hope you have something to support it cuz even elitish discourage diseasless now.
    Sigh, I don't know, I can't post a WWS as I know you'd prefer (guild policy), but I can state I hit north of 5400 dps on Ignis-25 while still being slag potted 3 times with DS spamming w/Awareness, without using army even (taunting adds could wipe the raid and I didn't blow it off the top as I perhaps should've). It was competitive with the other melee, though we're all still fumbling with some of the 3.1 changes and it's a new encounter for us but it's a very melee friendly fight.

I was trying disease play as well in our attempts on Ignis, and I'm certain I'm screwing something up but I was somewhat more than 10% below this number.

I religiously read the EJ forum and I can't discount any of their theorycrafting, and as stated I'm confident I screwed something up somewhere between the rotation or the spec, and I need to do the math again now with the disease glyph with real strike data; however, looking at said data and given how DS damage scales (not on diseases), I'm badly confused. Diseaseless is far more forgiving for errors, RNG, and movement than disease-based play though and there's a lot of the second two in Ulduar.

Quote Originally Posted by dsswoosh
    Obliterate never removed diseases in a blood spec, because no diseases were ever up on a blood spec

diseasless rotations were > annihaltion.

You basically agreed with what i said, but misunderstood my post
    Not entirely true a lot of skilled blood death knights used a 51/0/20 build that wove diseases and obliterate's disease wipes to better numbers than diseaseless. It wasn't a 3 button rotation, hence the reason you probably ignored it.