High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Destro vs. Rogue

hi there,
    I am very helpless in a duel against a rogue, especially undead Sad
    whish pet is the best choice?
    Succu: seduce, quiet nice, but undeads just /lol at it the first time and 2 shot me.
    VW: Sacrifice is nice for the dmg absorbion, also the stealthdetection, but it is still hard to find the rouge.

so, what is the best tactic against a muti rogue 1on1?
    trinket the KS and stun or deathcoil at first? or just try to safe CD's?

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...atar&n=%C3%93o (yeah, it sucks. At the beginning of the next season, i get 3-4 new items, so theres 21k hp and ~ 850 resilience)

sry for my bad english :<

Re: Destro vs. Rogue

As destro what I do against rogues is if they are able to open on me as soon as they do Kidney shot I seduce and take the whole stun (This saves my trinket for if they blind.) And other than that you just have to keep them off of you via circle, conflag slow, and aoe stun and nuke them down. Chaos bolt on cloak for the win.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

Rogue opens on you > Seduce him.
    Rogue Uses Will of the forsaken on Seduce > Death coil him > Fear him.
    Rogue trinkets fear > Shadowfury him > Fear him.

Dead rogue.

If he CoS-Vanish before you get to do this, just re-seduce him with your succubus.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Langebrød
    Rogue opens on you > Seduce him.
    Rogue Uses Will of the forsaken on Seduce > Death coil him > Fear him.
    Rogue trinkets fear > Shadowfury him > Fear him.

Dead rogue.

If he CoS-Vanish before you get to do this, just re-seduce him with your succubus.
    Haha...if it was that easy.

Undead rogue = cheap shot, wof seduce, kidney-shot, let wl trinket kidney-shot, cloak of lol -> dead...an he'd still have trinket, sprint an prep for the lulz.

Quote Originally Posted by merikat
    Haha...if it was that easy.

Undead rogue = cheap shot, wof seduce, kidney-shot, let wl trinket kidney-shot, cloak of lol -> dead...an he'd still have trinket, sprint an prep for the lulz.
    it should look more like cs, wotf seduce, reseduce(if he trinkets seduce till you hit dr), portal and work from there

but it's gonna be damn hard.

Deleted

You arent going to win against an undead rogue.Never(unless said rogue is an idiot).

Against a non-undead,its going to work like this:

Cheap shot
    Seduce
    Trinket Seduce
    Kidney Shot,turning on Clos.If KS is trinketed,blind,pwn succubus,restealth.
    If CS is not trinketed,vanish,sap,kill succubus,restealth.
    Dead lock.Vanish>sap will reset DR nice and smooth.Sorry,against any rogue that knows his l2p,you dont have any sort of chance.

Here's what you do

Rogue opens with CS, you Seduce >>> trinket >>> run >>> roll a DK fast >>re seduce >> hit 80 on Dk >>> death Coil >>> gear up fast >>> run back >> faceroll Rogue >> rogue runs to forums & cries about Dk's coz he can't faceroll them like locks
    >> you go on lock >> get on forums>> gloat about it in the rogues face >> tell him now he knows how it feels to be facerolled by another class >> Rogue cries>>
    Gratz You just pwnd a Rogue on ur lock.

And thats how you pwn rogues

Quote Originally Posted by idpersona
    You arent going to win against an undead rogue.Never(unless said rogue is an idiot).

Cheap shot
    Seduce
    Trinket Seduce
    Dead lock.Vanish>sap will reset DR nice and smooth.Sorry,against any rogue that knows his l2p,you dont have any sort of chance.
    As a Warlock i can only say /SIGNED !!!

But still has nothing to do with the player and/or skill on playing its just a bugged mechanic.
    [div class="blizzquotewrap"][div class="blizzquoteinner"][span class="corners-top"][span][/span][/span][div class="blizzquoteheader"][span]Quote from: Blizzard Staff[/span][/div][div class="blizzquote"]Warlock's survavibility wasn't really good at the start of Wrath of the Lich King, but they're in a pretty good place right now.[/div][span class="corners-bottom"][span][/span][/span][/div][/div]

Here is what u do against undead and none undead rogues;

Undead; Sap, start, seduce, he wotf, re-seduce, he trinkets, and kidney u, u seduce and trinket, get distance and drop an immolate on him followed by a fast conflgrate, if he does not cloak and hide, u shadowfury him, if he cloaks and vanish u teleport and nitro boost away. He will re-open u and be very low on health, u need to seduce if not on dr, else u'll need to shadowfury, and hit him with everything u got, and he should be dead. I'd say it's 70 vs 30% win odds (70% for the rogue)

Normal none undead rogue, he will sap, start u, u seduce, he trinkets, u seduce, run away and get distance, do ya CB, shadowfury trick followed by immolate conflgrate and shadowburn, then he should cloak, and run for u, u teleport and nitro boots away, he re-open u, and DR should be ready, else shadowfury will. And u finish his last 3-7k hp off with ya instant nukes, while u kite.

Hope it made sence, u should beat none undead rogues 90% of the time definitely.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by idpersona

Cheap shot
    Seduce
    Trinket Seduce
    Wrong!

A quote by Akrios from his site roguerogue.com about warlocks:

"Warlock - at least rogues can beat warlocks, right? Enter destruction warlock Psyhawk. Here are some sample duels (nothing serious but it should give you and idea for the fight or kill 10 minutes if you’re bored).

At best this is a 50-50 fight as undead. As good a player as he is, a class that we supposedly counter and dominate is a scary duel, and not winnable without wotf. If you vanish away you will get shadowfuried out. He often chains stuns to deathcoils so vanishing one of those is out. Killing the pet is out because of demon port fel dom, and if this fight gets to a second set of drs and you have no trinket you lose. Health stone with talents, etc, is about an 8k heal non-crit. I think a series with him would be winnable, but, after 3.1 destro buffs? Good luck."

Here's also the video mentioned above of Akrios (commonly admitted to be one of the best rogues around) dueling Psyhawk on TR: http://www.wegame.com/watch/Random_TR_Duels/

There is no one tactic here to follow for either class but as Akrios said it's reaaaaally hard to win against a good lock on this fight even as undead, without, it's closer to not possible.

15+ Year Old Account

i think best way to beat a rogue is afflic. either way in pvp u s houldnt be targeting rogue u should be targeting healer as desruction so when u get to the pvp point in ur life u should be fine.

but i just relized this didnt answer your question :-X

against a rogue take out void all the time. even if it dosent need it do the thing that detects invisible(forgot name of spell) put detect invisible on both urself and pet(depending on spec shouldnt be too hard to find). first shadow fury then death coil then fear then chaos bolt nuke nuke fear nuke nuke nuke fear so on so forth. oh and one of ur glyphs should be glyph of fear definatly

a good way to spec when u hit 80 is full destruction like this

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...1&version=9806
    (also my spec^ works out well for me)

ALWAYS HAVE FEL ARMOR!!!it increases spell damage. when you get to socketing forget stam and intel and go for spell power and crit+ maybe a little stam.

hope this helps anyone and everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Undead_Warlock
    i think best way to beat a rogue is afflic. either way in pvp u s houldnt be targeting rogue u should be targeting healer as desruction so when u get to the pvp point in ur life u should be fine.

but i just relized this didnt answer your question :-X

against a rogue take out void all the time. even if it dosent need it do the thing that detects invisible(forgot name of spell) put detect invisible on both urself and pet(depending on spec shouldnt be too hard to find). first shadow fury then death coil then fear then chaos bolt nuke nuke fear nuke nuke nuke fear so on so forth. oh and one of ur glyphs should be glyph of fear definatly

a good way to spec when u hit 80 is full destruction like this

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...1&version=9806
    (also my spec^ works out well for me)

ALWAYS HAVE FEL ARMOR!!!it increases spell damage. when you get to socketing forget stam and intel and go for spell power and crit+ maybe a little stam.

hope this helps anyone and everyone.
    lulz.

thas is teh wni

Sorry, really just had to log in just to write this to Undead_Warlock -

Y o u s u c k d u d e ! !

Look at ya talents, where is soullink, demonic embrace, fel vitality, and other importent talents in demon tree?

And wtf, looking at ya dest tree it just seems u thought; 'Ahh well, I got this many talents points I can spend, let me throw them out on all those shiny talents!'

C'mon! No one goes Dest spec, and specc cataclysm, or improved soul leech! And that goes for both pvp AND pve!

Damn dude, not to mention all the other worthless talents u wasted points in!

And let me just say, the buff u do not remember the name on from the voidewalker is called consume shadows, and there are only 3 reasons u would ever use a voidewalker in arena!

1 - if u meet double melee dps team (would most likely still stick with scubbus, since it's awesome vs melee)
    2 - if u need to catch a rogue in stealth, and then u spam that number 6 key on ya pets action bar!
    3 - to fast summon and sacrifice for bubble!

Else u would run with either Scubbus or Felhunter!

Damn man, u pissed me off! Go do some reseach, before u keep me up at night dreaming about how stupid some people actually are! - Ofcoures no personel offence againts u, I'm sure u'r just a mentally retardet kid!

~Dui

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Duitheman
    Sorry, really just had to log in just to write this to Undead_Warlock -

Y o u s u c k d u d e ! !

Damn man, u pissed me off! Go do some reseach, before u keep me up at night dreaming about how stupid some people actually are! - Ofcoures no personel offence againts u, I'm sure u'r just a mentally retardet kid!

~Dui
    > No need to be so aggressive and rude.

First of all if you have decent amount of resilience + soul link + molten skin he will not 2 shot you.
    If he is undead use circe to teleport otherwise dont run and use every second to do dmg even if you are on close distance with him like .pop seduce and cast immolate straight away, than he will be ignited,In 90% cases you will be able to ignite him before he trinket, WOF. And try not to use fear coz it shares diminishing return with seduce and thats the one you want to use tbh its muich more reliable in terms of distance- you dont want him to run out in fear from your range in mid cast of chaos bolt or whatever cast.

Imo you can drop rogue down as destro way faster and safer than affliction, but as i said its just my opinion and it works for me well.

Is there some reason no one mentions glyph of shadowflame in this thread? If you can make the rogue CoS, shadowflame + teleport and you win. Ah well, as a warlock you're gonna lose a duel to rogues most of the time i'd say, in a realistic situation, i.e. BGs. Until blizzard gives warlocks a real defense mechanism, it's gonna be that way