Thread: VE :o

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21

    Re: VE :o

    Quote Originally Posted by Strykzor
    /facepalm

    VE need to be an aura when in Shadowform.

    VE then Puts a debuff to all enemies withing 40 yards.
    So, let's see.

    Shadowform currently has:

    -15% more shadow damage
    -critting dots
    -15% migitation on incoming damage
    -30% threat reduction

    With imp. Shadowform you still get:

    -70% spell pushback reduction when damaged
    -snare removal with fade


    That's quite alot. And you think it should have a "VE aura" in it still?
    Dropping out of shadowform to heal already gimps a shadowpriest badly as he loses all of the above buffs. With your suggestion it would also drop VE.

    The only problem with VE is that it takes a valuable gcd to apply on every target you attack. With 3 dots the setup time already high, so taking VE off global cooldown would help with that.


  2. #22

    Re: VE :o

    Quote Originally Posted by Berner
    So, let's see.

    Shadowform currently has:

    -15% more shadow damage
    -critting dots
    -15% migitation on incoming damage
    -30% threat reduction

    With imp. Shadowform you still get:

    -70% spell pushback reduction when damaged
    -snare removal with fade


    That's quite alot. And you think it should have a "VE aura" in it still?
    Dropping out of shadowform to heal already gimps a shadowpriest badly as he loses all of the above buffs. With your suggestion it would also drop VE.

    The only problem with VE is that it takes a valuable gcd to apply on every target you attack. With 3 dots the setup time already high, so taking VE off global cooldown would help with that.

    With it being off the GCD, there's a small problem of applying it to everything and soaking Mind Sear. It costs 0 mana, as it is.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  3. #23

    Re: VE :o

    Just make it automatically applied by SW:P.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  4. #24

    Re: VE :o

    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Just make it automatically applied by SW:P.
    I like this idea too.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  5. #25

    Re: VE :o

    I would like it if they removed VE completely and applied it to SWP.

  6. #26

    Re: VE :o

    Quote Originally Posted by PurechaosSK
    I would like it if they removed VE completely and applied it to SWP.
    Or Devouring Plague. It's a move you're already casting, and it's balanced by a cooldown.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  7. #27
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,274

    Re: VE :o

    They removed the cooldown on Vampiric Embrace, why bother linking it with a even longer cooldown?

    I'm happy with the way VE works now, because trust me on this one, you wouldn't want a AoE VE on fights like Thorim.

    12500 dps (my current maximum), and then VE on top of it? Even with Shadow Affinity I get bubbles to avoid dying, with VE I would be a unstopable aggro machine wearing cloth.

    tl;dr: VE is fine, no change needed.

  8. #28

    Re: VE :o

    Quote Originally Posted by Rymezz
    Pretty much fail ^^ you made an account for this forum just to type 9 words?
    Pretty much fail ^^ you made a post in this thread just to complain about a post in this thread.

    (see what I did there)

  9. #29

    Re: VE :o

    Quote Originally Posted by Chillbro
    Pretty much fail ^^ you made a post in this thread just to complain about a post in this thread.

    (see what I did there)
    Yes, ofcourse I made a post in here, I made this thread, and yes I did see what you do there, you did the same thing as Slipper did in the first page.

  10. #30

    Re: VE :o

    why fix something if it's not broken? ve's fine, time should be better spend on improving other aspect of priest-ing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •