Arms PvP: Polaxe spec vs Mace spec

Ello,

I'd like some advice, so plz help me out if u can.
    I wonder which one to choose, for PvP purpose only. The mace armor penetration looks nice, but will it also be good vs clothies?
    Atm my crit chance is 22% while using a mace, which is rather low. So will it be better to use an axe till i have like 30% crit chance without it, and then go for the mace spec?

Weapons: Mace= Titansteel Destroyer
    Axe= Collosal Skull-Clad Cleaver

Thanks in advance :P

Re: Arms PvP: Polaxe spec vs Mace spec

Quote Originally Posted by Triomfix
    Ello,

I'd like some advice, so plz help me out if u can.
    I wonder which one to choose, for PvP purpose only. The mace armor penetration looks nice, but will it also be good vs clothies?
    Atm my crit chance is 22% while using a mace, which is rather low. So will it be better to use an axe till i have like 30% crit chance without it, and then go for the mace spec?

Weapons: Mace= Titansteel Destroyer
    Axe= Collosal Skull-Clad Cleaver

Thanks in advance :P

You should read more into Arms warrior. You are underestimating how much our bleeds and Sudden Death do. You need crits which means more Poleaxe.
    YOU BROKE THE RULES...
    NOW, I'LL PULL OUT ALL YOUR PUBIC HAIR!

While I tend to agree that 5% crit chance and damage > 15% armor penetration for PVE, I'm not sure about PVP as crit is affected by resilience which is not the case with armor penetration.

I tested out quickly last night on my arms warrior and it seems I do more damage stacking armor pen than crit.

Some more testing would be required to prove it tho...
    "The Internet, where the men are men, the women are also men, and the children are FBI agents."

Do you also gem for armor penetration?

Yeah I'm fully gemmed/geared ArP but as I said, it will require more testing to make sure it's the way to go. Switching all gems is quite expensive... hehe.

But so far on the heroic dummy target with only Battle Shout up:
    Fury with +str gems: 1600 DPS (was 2.2 before 3.1 nerfs)
    Arms with +str gems: 2200 DPS
    Arms with +ArP gems: 2700 DPS

In short, I lost 200 AP and 3% crit re-gemming/switching gear but I gained 500 dps. Is it luck ? I don't know.

I'll try to provide more numbers after further testing.
    "The Internet, where the men are men, the women are also men, and the children are FBI agents."

Im currently gemmed full BIS(pre ulduar) ArP(35% unbuffed ArP) http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...7gall&n=Invazn
    thought it was unfortunate i couldn't compare dps when i was gemmed full STR to full armor pen but i think somewhere along the lines str still provides more dps but this doesnt include sunders+FF+other armor debuffs soo uhh 20% sunder x 5%FF x 35% base AP x 15% ArP x 10%battle stance< Axe spec 5% dmg/crit 20% sunder x 5%FF x 35% base AP x 10%battle stance(if its multiplicative) . You need an average of 35% crit unbuffed to be effective in battle stance so 5% extra is really good saving you tons of gemming.

Unless they change something about mace spec and sword spec, Axe is overall the best.

You're basically guaranteed crits, i dont see why you should gem for crit at all.

I'm mace specced atm and i am currently aiming for more STR/AP. I crit enough as it is and i cant aim for ArP cap as i lack grim toll.

Note: Talking about PvP.

Mace spec is your key in pvp. Being able to pressure paladins and dks in plate makes ArP the most ideal.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

I'm also a human warrior, so i have the racial mace specialization. So i think i'll be going for mace spec. But what would be better gem-wise, str or ArP? (PvP is my purpose).

Thanks for the info. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Triomfix
    I'm also a human warrior, so i have the racial mace specialization. So i think i'll be going for mace spec. But what would be better gem-wise, str or ArP? (PvP is my purpose).

Thanks for the info. ;D
    ArP
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org