Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Next major content patch??

In 3.2 there will be Klingons!
    oops watching Star Trek atm.

I guess 3.2 will take a slight detour before getting to Arthas in 3.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Satellite
    In 3.2 there will be Klingons!
    oops watching Star Trek atm.

I guess 3.2 will take a slight detour before getting to Arthas in 3.3.
    Hey, blizzard loves to blatanly rip off ideas for stuff from alot of other things outside the warcraft universe. Shat looks exactly like something that was in Stargate episode, Blades Edge looks like the prison planet in Chronicles of Riddick, Icecrown and Arthas' armor looks like...well we all know, and etc etc. So,perhaps one day we will see a klingon type race that perhaps have been tracking down the Draenei from somewhere out in space, and blizz will cleverly call them "klingoffs".

Re: Next mayor content patch??

Quote Originally Posted by Tinderhoof
    I know he is a tough SOB to kill, but you did bring his severed head back to the Shattered Sun...
    I bet that he will be back as a death knight.

3.2 - traditionally trolls again and again and again...

I just hope IF they make something related to the storyline that they wont fuck up with the models again,
    i mean come on the god of death is just some slimy blue brew with a few teeth on it, i fukken hate blizz for that one.
    (c'tun had something about him back then tough but i just can't stand the sight of yoggy.)
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by mofi
    magtheridon,vashj,kael´thas,illidan,archimonde,kil´jaeden....all major lore characters killed in tbc

i´d love a nerubian based raid
    I knew someone would bring that up, and I'm no lore expert so I'm not really sure how to defend my claims.

Edit: ZUL'AGAIN FTW, AMIRITE? Yeah, yeah I know you all hate trolls of WoW and Forums, but I like trolls, so my vote is for Gun'Drak, cause y'know, 2 raids, 3 dungeons, and an entire zone just doesn't satisfy the need for trolls.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash
    I want to put Beastslaying on Val'Anyr and AFK in Dalaran.

ZG was jungle trolls. ZA was forest trolls. GD will be ice trolls?
    there i huge temple right next to the instance and you can see it on the world map view so it has some sort of significance right? again, it will end up being a filler raid until the next huge content patch but have a troll raid is almost becoming tradition amirite?
    http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/hats.png

Quote Originally Posted by Marco0798
    I'm not so sure about that, originally they said 3 expansions and the third will obviously finish of WoW therefore you can expect the final Expansion to be some sort of assault on Demon Worlds, and for this to happen things need to be cleared up on Azeroth, I dont know if anyone else has read the History on the wowsite but It hints at some sort of uber monster/god from the sea and its got something to do with the murlocs, Also there are still a few big islands of the cost of Kalimdor near the "storm" not to mention the "storm" itself and not to forget the entire area of Hyjal, the area east of it and the Human Kingdom beneath Silverpine Forest still to go.
    they said similar things about everquest also but look at that its at like 14 or 15 expansions.............. and if you say "omg no wai they run outa lorz!!" just remember, they own the game, they can make up more lore. wow will be around as long as it generates money and that dosnt seem to be ending any time soon

Quote Originally Posted by Twohats
    there i huge temple right next to the instance and you can see it on the world map view so it has some sort of significance right? again, it will end up being a filler raid until the next huge content patch but have a troll raid is almost becoming tradition amirite?
    Yesurrite.
    And I got this CRAZY idea...the bosses will be different animal aspects! Except new animals, different than Gun'Drak, Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub!!

Seriously though, there's that bigass snake in Gun'Drak, tell me it's not there for a reason...
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash
    I want to put Beastslaying on Val'Anyr and AFK in Dalaran.

I mean lets face it Malygos was probably the weakest of all dragons, what was his gift?... Magic lol.
    Hmmm, how would you define "weakest"...Malygos would be the most powerful servant of the Arcane alive until his unfortunate demise, having had his power granted to him directly by Norgannon.

Not saying the other dragons are weaklings, but aside from Alexstrasza I'd say all the dragons are pretty much equal in the amount of power they wield, they just differ in what that power is.

As for 3.2 I'm gonna go with those suggesting either Gundrak or some Nerubian raid instance. Grim Batol sounds more like something they would release in either the Emerald Dream or Maelstrom expansions.

Yes, we did kill off quite a few bad guys in TBC, but tbh I find that whole expansion kinda "meh" compared to this one when you pitch the bad guys against each other. I'm basically saying that the WotLK baddies would roflstomp the TBC baddies, level difference notwithstanding. The Lich King is imo more powerful than all of the TBC ones, Yogg-Saron is an Old God and so his phul powah probably equals that of a Titan. Malygos I've already explained, he also happens to be one of the most ancient beings of Azeroth, and Deathwing no less so, so adding him to the game at this stage would to me seem to be an invitation for an anti climax in following expansions.

The Maelstrom expansion would add everything between Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms, including Undermine, Kul Tiras etc. Imo they could probably fit the Emerald Dream content into this one, even though we're talking about a copy of Azeroth in it's entirety :P And this is also where I feel it would be best to chip in Deathwing, as we would already be returning to the "original" areas as such. This would probably be more than enough material for an entire expansion, and after that there isn't all that much left afaik, so they might as well get the last one out then. That one would then include Argus and possibly other demon infested worlds (another spacegoat expansion yaaaaay).

Quote Originally Posted by Twohats
    Personally I love the troll instances, would love another one. Ice Trolls are said to be the most powerful ones of the race as well, so it would be a good "ending" to that era as such.

And I very much wanna know what that snake is as well, it's bigger than John Holmes' co...well you get my point, it's huge ffs :P

I read somewhere that the Argent Tournament was going to be a raid instance, so im guessing 3.2 will be the completion of the Tournament ring along with the associated instance whatever it is
    this was a long time ago and was probably a guestomation but it sounds plausible to me

Personally whatever it is I hope that they stay on Azeroth, hell we cant even Fly in Azeroth and this is due to all the "secret" areas in the game, no Hyjal etc. add inn mealstrom and hell because it is taking place on azeroth maybe it wont take 2 years to make it.

sunwell plateau version for wotlk will happen AFTER Arthas and will therefore be something like 3.4/3.5 and the boss will be stronger then Arthas, at the moment I'm thinking the Dragons are going to finish the Infighting so I HOPE and PRAY we are ehaded for Grim Batol. I want me some Deathwing Action, I mean lets face it Malygos was probably the weakest of all dragons, what was his gift?... Magic lol.
    Blizz have said that releasing SWP after Illdian was a mistake, because really Illidan was the iconic, classic WoW boss of TBC, and he should have come last.

So I don't see a SWP for WotLK. Sure, new raids, instances, zones etc, but Arthas will be the top. If Icecrown is 3.3, then that'll be the final content patch before the next expansion pack.

Regarding 3.2, I'm sure I read there were plans for an Azul-Nerub (however you spell it) 25-man.

NO MOAR TROLL RAIDS !
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Too soon.

Let's digest 3.1 first. Ulduar + Naxx + OS + Vault + EoE + Argent Tournament should be enough to keep everyone busy for a couple of months, at least. I want that Onyx Proto Drake!

3.2 can not even be on the table as far as I'm concerned.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

This is just speculation, but here is my desires for stuff in the next few patches of WoTLK.

Patch 3.2:
    -- Sundered Monolith. We get to help the remaining free Nerubians start taking back what was formerly theirs in regards to their underground kingdom. This can be a multi stage and phased type event similar to the Sunwell Isle event. Take back parts in stages thru quests and such to help prepare for the eventual assault on the Frozen Citadel which I would assume is in patch 3.3.
    -- The Argent Colliseum is finally finished and we get to see it in all it's glory. They could add some new dailies and quests relating to it there as well. They will also be preparing for a big event and initial march on the Lich King's stronghold.

Patch 3.3:
    -- Maybe there is some big world server event that involves omg spiders and undead attacking everywhere. Dalaran, Azeroth,.. etc. It could be a few hour timer based event and if it lasted a day or two.. there could be some quests and limited time event items available to get. Like when the Dark Portal opened in the launch of the Burning Crusade. Get a limited edition tabbard and such. Part of the assault could relate to my theorized Nerubian 3.2 patch event where we helped them retake the undergrounds. Part of the assault on the Lich King could come from beneath Icecrown. Once this event is done... any raid team can then enter the Lich King's domain and test themselves in this new raid dungeon.

We get a message from a Goblin in Gadget telling Brann that something is wrong at Uldum. Brann goes to check it out and finds out it is a Prision just like Ulduar and that it held two old gods. ONe of them escaped(the hole in the door) and the other is breaking free. The old god inside is the OTHER half of Yogg-Saron(as an extra procation just in case of one half escapes, the other half is still sealed).

We go through the instance and kick Yogg #2's ass. From there, we get an item to use out in Tarinis that summons up a gaint snake looking old god that escaped from Ulduar. The fight is(maybe in an instaced version of Tarinis) that we use special mounts to chase down the old god as it slithers across the desert. We have to get on the boss and kill 9 specail points. Oh wait, the boss has tenticles that needs to be tanked defending the special points and will also try to toss you off it! On the last 10% of the fight, the boss will create a quicksand area that will suck the raid into it, in which the boss will circle around. Finally, the old god will attack, lifting up his body a bit to show the last weak spot on his belly that you must kill before your raid dies by falling in the center of the quicksand.

We can dream right?

It will most likely be trolls.