Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ulduar 25 Ele Gear ?

Well, first ID is nearly over and there have been several Groups which cleared all encounters @ "not hard"-mode and I decided to check wowhead for elemental gear upgrades over the naxx stuff.
    I looked up all slots and consider mp5 (and spirit for not-mail-slots) as absolutely useless - it is just not possible to run oom as elemental.

Head:
    No alternative to tier item
    Shoulder:
    No alternativ to tier item
    Chest:
    Wrist:
    No item at all ! (one item from hard mode)
    Hands:
    One alternativ to tier item with almost identical stats
    Waist:
    One item
    Legs:
    Feet:
    No item at all !

There is only one spelldmg weapon we can wear which doesnt have spirit or mp5 (both useless) and that is a dagger (so everyone but pals can wear it) and it drops of the last boss.

There are only two rings which dont have spirit or mp5.

There is no shield which doesnt have mp5.

Is this a bad joke ?
    I mean, I can accept not having an alternative to my set items.
    I can even barely accept paying absourd amounts of dkp for the only weapon and rings that dont have wasted stats because mostly every other caster and half the healers want them, too.
    But having NO boots and NO wrist in not-hard-mode at all ?
    There are THREE physical mail boots (for two classes/specs) and TWO resto mail boots (for ONE class/spec) and NO one for elemental ? Is this just fail ?

Re: Ulduar 25 Ele Gear ?

Just run up to the boss and constantly drop fire nova tots whenever the CD is up. That'll kill the mana pretty quickly :P.
    If a shaman tells you that he can't tank, he's just not doing it right.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?page=861

Wowhead doesn't have all the loot.

leather , cloth and staves my friend gogo : :P
    Sometimes you just have to stop healing some people to prove a point, if they don't listen, it's really their own fault :P

Quote Originally Posted by zorg
    leather , cloth and staves my friend gogo : :P
    True, but I have been looking threw the loot, as of what can be looted at the moment, and truly, there isn't much.
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

I also thought that all the loot hasnt been discovered yet. So just wait.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

800 new pieces of loot, ~300 found.

wait for it dude, you'll find the gear, just gotta look hard enough

Quote Originally Posted by highwind01
    TWO resto mail boots (for ONE class/spec) and NO one for elemental ? Is this just fail ?

Oh snap, dps boots with mp5? Get over it and use the so called "resto" boots. Just because You dont go oom, doesn't mean the boots are meant 100% for heal. It's same for all hybrid casters

Quote Originally Posted by sidfarkus
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?page=861

Wowhead doesn't have all the loot.
    That doenst have any more either :/

Quote Originally Posted by Omein
    I also thought that all the loot hasnt been discovered yet. So just wait.
    &
    Quote Originally Posted by Illunis
    800 new pieces of loot, ~300 found.

wait for it dude, you'll find the gear, just gotta look hard enough
    Well, do you infact think that there will be any new loot from non-hard modes ?
    My guess would be that heroic normal modes got cleared enough after one week to have every item drop atleast one time. Well... waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavin

Oh snap, dps boots with mp5? Get over it and use the so called "resto" boots. Just because You dont go oom, doesn't mean the boots are meant 100% for heal. It's same for all hybrid casters
    O_o
    mp5 eats up so much itemization points that those are worse than the naxx25 dmg boots jfyi
    I will use them, but surely not for elemental

You can't rule something out because it has mp5 on it. Lots of great ele gear has mp5. It may be useless and bad itemization on blizzards part but if the sp, crit and haste are all better then what you have its still an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayded1
    You can't rule something out because it has mp5 on it. Lots of great ele gear has mp5. It may be useless and bad itemization on blizzards part but if the sp, crit and haste are all better then what you have its still an upgrade.
    Plz show me any "great ele gear" with mp5 on it...

MP5 normally "eats up" the third dmg stat on a given item, usually haste or crit. While crit isnt as good as spellpwr or haste it is still miles better than mp5 and the only chance of a mp5-item beating a non-mp5-item is a higher itemlevel.

One good Mp5 item is Guiding Star from razorscale.550 sp; xx mp5; 40ish haste stam and int. HMMMMM imo better then wraith strike or hammer of the astral plane (i got that one now).
    Tough ye im not too fond of mp5 items either. But if you look at it ele has never been lucky with itemization. So far it seems like the system each tier of raid in wotlk offers a gloves, wrist, waist, a pant, and a boots for elemental (tough i havent seen the last two items from ULD yet, 4hm, heigan in naxx). Before in tbc mainly the elemental gear resided in BT.... Tough luck and i guess not a too commonly played spec...

Nothing is perfectly itemized. Deal with it. We won't see SWP style itemization until the next raid teir. Thats just the way that gear progression is supposed to work. Get your 4p of T8, get some leather/cloth offset peices. Razzorscale (SP?) mace, S6 sheild(idk which off hand, this is sarcastic btw), and some of the LW/Taloring craftables. You should be fine then.

If you wanna QQ about gear reroll a mage, and then do so. kkthnxbai.

Quote Originally Posted by tiimmy
    Nothing is perfectly itemized. Deal with it. We won't see SWP style itemization until the next raid teir. Thats just the way that gear progression is supposed to work. Get your 4p of T8, get some leather/cloth offset peices. Razzorscale (SP?) mace, S6 sheild(idk which off hand, this is sarcastic btw), and some of the LW/Taloring craftables. You should be fine then.

no, problem is, eleshaman items are PERFECTLY itemized, every single tier piece is well worth it, and even the few nonset pieces are great, but whats bad, that those nonset items are extremely, EXTREMELY, rare, mp5 items are plain and simple resto items, mp5 for eleshaman is 120% wasted stat, thats why it is simply not eleshaman item. all other casters have SOME dmg benefit from mp5, eleshaman got zero from mp5.

and even with these perfectly itemized stuff, eleshaman are still one of the weakest dps, i couldnt even imagine, how would ele dps look like with mp5 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz
    no, problem is, eleshaman items are PERFECTLY itemized, every single tier piece is well worth it, and even the few nonset pieces are great, but whats bad, that those nonset items are extremely, EXTREMELY, rare, mp5 items are plain and simple resto items, mp5 for eleshaman is 120% wasted stat, thats why it is simply not eleshaman item. all other casters have SOME dmg benefit from mp5, eleshaman got zero from mp5.

and even with these perfectly itemized stuff, eleshaman are still one of the weakest dps, i couldnt even imagine, how would ele dps look like with mp5 gear.
    Finally someone who understands what I was talking about

@Thread

Hard-mode loottable is out at the frontpage...
    The only item that got "added" is a chest from non heroic xt-002 (which is kind of pointless as t85 is pretty much perfekt itemized).

There are still no boots for ele,
    there are still no non-hard-mode wrists
    and the belt doesnt match the the T8 skin/colorwise...
    Great job Blizzard, great job.

Quote Originally Posted by tiimmy

Everyone said that about Ulduar vs Naxx. "Just wait till next tier. Surely they'll be more options." There are actually FEWER options if we stick with mail. There are fewer weapon options since we can't use swords.

If you look at gear that is PURELY better than anything you can get from Naxx/Sartharion/Malygos, there are VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY few upgrades. That's sad considering the vast majority of ilevel 226 items that were mail are resto. In fact, I don't think there was a single mail ilevel 226 item for elemental. It's why if you look at gear levels for shaman, top gear levels are all enhance and resto whereas all the elemental shaman are a good bit below. This probably explains part of why elemental shaman are lacking in dps compared to some other classes. We simply can't reach the same level of gear.

Blizzard clearly isn't worried. Badge gear is resto and enhance. Raid gear is resto and enhance (with the rare item without MP5... which is still equally desired by Resto since it also lacks +hit). Boomkin is in a similar situation except they at least find spirit useful so they aren't as screwed on rings, neck items, and back items. Virtually every one of those items with spellpower ALSO has spirit (or MP5).

Actually if you look better thers is one more main hand which we can use, mace from Vezax (hard mode), imba shield from Thorim(hard mode),wrist also hard mode drop but cant remember from which boss.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX
    Actually if you look better thers is one more main hand which we can use, mace from Vezax (hard mode), imba shield from Thorim(hard mode),wrist also hard mode drop but cant remember from which boss.
    thats just it. we already have only VERY few elemenetal items, yet half of them is in hard modes? i mean... ??? eleshaman are supposed, to get upgrade in half of nontier slots from naxx only in hard modes? why we cant have opportunity to get our nontier items like every other spec in nonhard modes and had on top of that like 2-3 BiS gear in hard modes?

just for the record

http://www.wowhead.com/?items=4&filt...rv=0:0:0:0:0:0

there are only 7 nonset mail pieces without mp5 (aka elemental items) and no boots whatsoever
    there are only 3 items in 10man, talk about screwed eleshaman, who are in 10man raiding guilds
    from 7 items, 2 slots are occupied twice in this lootlist (chest, gloves), which makes it really only 5 possible items
    BiS wrists and gloves are from hard modes
    only 4 slots can be covered by nonhardmode items,unfortunately, head is nowhere near BiS, that leaves only 3 slots covered by nonhard modes in 25man, unfortunately, 2 of those can be covered by tier pieces, basically leaving the only real upgrade from nonhard modes for 25man raiding shaman, who wants to mantain 4 piece t8 bonus, only with belt from Razorscale (which, btw, is worse than tailoring cloth belt) and with either gloves from council or Chest from Yogg

not exactly something i was dreaming of, even in naxx, we had more choices, we had 1 item for every nontier mail slot, now we dont even have this, wais has an upgrade, but am i supposed to wear 213 ilev boots through Ulduar to next raid instance? when they promised what... 800 new items in 3.1 and didnt manage to give us ONE upgrade for boot slot?

Deleted

first of all i would like to say that I do not agree with shaman is wordt dps atm, that aint true.

second: i totally don't mind having not many mail, there are plenty of other cloth/leather items that we can use. I do that as well at the moment and works fine.