Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: How to fix warrior dps?

Are you in Ensidia? Or one of those other top 5 guilds in the world? Ok if you are that amazing why are you in Naxx this week? Show something to validate any claims you have made. My guild is top 10 on my server, we aren't world class but we only raid 3 times a week, cause we have lives outside of WoW. I like spending time with my family, friends, and girlfriend. None of us play videogames for a living. We killed Razorscale first night but with the bugged trash and Ignis fisting people in the pot with 1 shots we called it. The next dey we went back and after a few attempts we got De constructor, certainly not a one shot, we did however get Heroic Nerf Engineering and Nerf Gravity Bombs our first kill. If you are in one of the few guilds that killed Yogg Saron already grats you are better than the rest of us, and you have no life outside of WoW, when you see finally see your first boob after you get the money together to buy a hooker make sure it is actually a girl.

I have seen 12.5k dps on Thaddius by one of the fail Fury warriors in my guild as you call him, prepatch. He also averaged 5500-6500 on almost every other fight in Naxx prepatch as fury he does about 5k now as arms, and is in top 5, but as fury he fell to about 4300.

Also blood DK dps on a short fight better be high, you have a ghoul / army of the dead / rune weapon and heroism. If a blood DK cannot do 7500-8500 in a 2 minute stretch with full raid buffs then they suck.

I did Naxx 25 in a pug this week. Secondly I have of the Nightfall, but no I don't have immortal we lost in on KT 2 weeks in a row due to a DC and an add tank being tombed, and once cause our ret pally killed himself on Raz by tab targeting with martyr before it was a big known issue. Guess you have me on the immortal thing I mean your guild is obviously above connection problems, bad luck, or bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by grianna
    I have seen 12.5k dps on Thaddius by one of the fail Fury warriors in my guild as you call him, prepatch. He also averaged 5500-6500 on almost every other fight in Naxx prepatch as fury he does about 5k now as arms, and is in top 5, but as fury he fell to about 4300.

Also blood DK dps on a short fight better be high, you have a ghoul / army of the dead / rune weapon and heroism. If a blood DK cannot do 7500-8500 in a 2 minute stretch with full raid buffs then they suck.
    Really this entire post could be shortened to this. I always love the posts that start of "well, we are one of the top guilds on our server... but we only raid 3 days a week because we have lives and fuck WoW and stuff."

Quote Originally Posted by Accalon
    Ok, time to rip your post into peices since you know little about warrior dps....

Warrior DPS is completely fine atm.

Are you high? I dont know where you get this number, nor does anyone else....

So at this point why are warriors dual wielding 2 handers if the nerf makes them lower dps than 1 handers? They are slower and now do less damage than if you dual wielded naxx 1 handed weapons. Also why make a penalty that cannot be overcome, the penalty just gets worse with gear. Your dps will increase, but comparatively it will slip further behind the rest of your guild.
    Arms has a set rotation, OP is no longer an RNG proc... Learn to use slam....
    I do Slam weave for 6k DPS atm... Its your bad that you can manage OP PROC ON REND and do dps, im sorry you are down syndrome to the max...
    You suffered a 25% DPS Reduction... I got maybe a 10% because I was already expertise capped so I didnt get weapon mastery... Your gear is sub-par and you dont have good weapons if you suffered this dps nerf....
    The point of TG is that you use 2x 2hnder instead of 2x 1hnders... 2hnders should have a nerf in damage to be slightly more dps effective than 1hnders....
    I dont know what you are even trying to say.....
    No point, warriors dont need it.... This is making the class even more scrub friendly... [Read: Tylinna, scrub friendly warrior who is terrible]
    Yes, Blizzard should make the top of the tree scrub friendly like you mentioned in (3.)... No point, there is multiple ways you can spec fury... CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT ARMS WARRIORS SPEC INTO FURY ALSO???????
    Warriors are suppose to be a buffless class that does not support the raid except with DPS.... Most warriors are still top tier dps, you are not because you are terrible...

Accalon u are a mentally retarded kid. You obviously dont have a warrior yourself or you have a nlue geared scrub that cant even come any close to even lick my feet. Jackall on Khadgar is my warrior.

I know about DPS warrior more then u ever will and warrirs are not top tier dps they got droped down behind mages,rogues,hunters,dks,warlocks and paladins. Before patch i was top dps yes usually competing for 1-2nd place with 2 mages now no way in hell im gonna be nr8. All those classes in my guild are equally geared as me.

Stop trolling and get back on ur Mage faggot stop trying to make warrior calss even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrant
    Funny if you look at the first yogg-saron kills warriors are dominating the meters (arms).

Personally I am constantly in the top 5 dps during our 25 man ulduar runs and my gear is worse than most of our top players. I actually really love arms dps for the reasons why the OP doesn't. I find that it keeps me on my toes and that there is a clear difference in skill level. I think the people complaining are those used to just faceroll dps as fury.
    And for making arms a viable dps spec they needed to nerf fury to the ground ?

Makes sense dude, makes sense...

But well, I guess the advantage of taking 5% more dmg that fury have doenst allow them to be on par with arms or other hybrid dmg specs, it would be too good.

Quote Originally Posted by grianna
    I have seen 12.5k dps on Thaddius by one of the fail Fury warriors in my guild as you call him, prepatch.
    I have seen a green flying cow drinking beer !

Quote Originally Posted by tylinna
    4. FIX THE TOP OF THE DAMN TREE. for the love of god why are there so many damn shout talents now that shouts are worthless and do not stack with anything?
    There are 8 points out of the first 15 that increase DPS, the other 7 are useless.

5. Make some kind of raid buff or viable debuff for fury, they no longer are top tier dps, and they bring absolutely nothing to the raid.

It seems Blizz is ok now with the "TG sucks we know, but see how cool you look with the double 2 handers, that makes up for it being useless right?" NO BLIZZARD NO IT DOES NOT
    I won't pretend like I know how to play Fury warrior so I will ask a question to try to understand.

4. If the top of the tree was revamped, do you think that could boost the Arms tree too much? I feel that Arms is in a fairly solid place right now and would only like to see changes happening for the Fury tree. I do agree that there needs to be a couple of changes.

5. There does need to be a reason for bringing Fury warriors. Blizzard's thing is to make sure that you aren't bringing a specific tree from a class so that you bring player instead of class. What debuff/buff would you like to take with your tree? Bloodthirst affecting the party/raid? A talent that provides something similar to Vindication?

I hope that the tree is tweaked enough for Fury players to see more viable raid specs.
    YOU BROKE THE RULES...
    NOW, I'LL PULL OUT ALL YOUR PUBIC HAIR!

Quote Originally Posted by Hyson
    I hope that the tree is tweaked enough for Fury players to see more viable raid specs.
    Blizzard is surely working hard on it ! U can see fury viable in raids in the next addon... ahm, I mean soon (tm)

If your having trouble dpsing then what you should do is:
    1.Reroll
    2.Pick a rogue
    3.QQ about combat
    4.??????
    5.Profit!

Just a note about the first post...

Battleshout is possibly the most useful thing I bring to a raid, it lasts for 4.5 minutes and gives 650+ AP for everyone. Lovely. That plus a good BoK and things are a lot better. Your BS isn't that useful? Look at your trees again.

Sure my DPS is a little lower, but I can see I'll get there given time and drops, it's a big nerf for someone not doing any raiding pre 3.1 and you may have to step back a bit but give it time.

I really was depressed after 3.1 hit, but after a week of it I can see improvements as I learn to play Arms properly and also Fury isn't THAT bad, I'm top of the dps tree in any PUGs and while I am lower in my guild raids I'll catch 'em eventually.

It'll be just like when I first started running Nax and had a lot of catching up to do.

This topic seems to be derailing pretty quickly. Lets stop flaming each other. Only post if you have something constructive to say and for god sake try provide evidance or numbers if its so different to what everyone is saying.

At the moment were wiping in Uldar. We've done a couple of bosses but are still get our arse handed to us. The rogues in our guild are doing approx 6-7k dps (25man) whereas I can only kick out a maximum of 4000DPS. (as Fury).

Now there are a few reasons to why this could be:

1. I am crap at playing a fury warrior (I may well be if im honest)
    2. Fury took too much of a hit
    3. Were not scaling as good as other classes are

Battleshout does not stack with Blessing of Might so for a 25man raider its fairly useless however for a 10man raid without a pala or only one pala I can see the benefit.

15+ Year Old Account

arms and fury is a hard arguement to say they are the same.

-Fury uses abilities and attacks while melee swinging
    -Arms uses abilities and attacks inbeween melee swining

To perfect arms means to maximize your attack output to be on par with your melee swings or you loose valuable dps. For instance when you proc OP and you have MS on cooldown and you click slam and it doesnt crit so you're left with <30 rage. Now you cant do MS and have to wait for another OP proc or a melee swing which is like 3-4sec lost in no dps.

the only way to compare that with fury is between zerker rage CD. Thats when you're dependent on your own rage generation on hits and crits to continue doing attacks and slam procs. In the same sense for arms you gotta keep hitting and cirtting with your attacks to keep going or you're gunna have a MS or blade storm CD'd and wont have the rage to use it.

but thats it. Its not apples and oranges here but it is like comparing an lemon to a lime. Both simular but both very different.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyverner322
    If your having trouble dpsing then what you should do is:
    1.Reroll
    2.Pick a rogue
    3.QQ about combat
    4.??????
    5.Profit!

yeah, good advise. Fail at dps and reroll another dps? lol, fail...