Thread: Thorim 25 Help

Thorim 25 Help

Soo

My guild went on our 3rd night of raiding this week, we went in to Ulduar ready to rape face, and proceeded to do so. We easily cleared kologarn, Hodir in 2 attempts, and got auriya (misspelled) as soon as we got a solid pull down. Then we proceeded to Thorim.

The night before 2 10 man groups cleared to mimiron and both groups had no troubles with thorim(mine 2 shotted him). So we all expected this to be one of the easier fights in Ulduar.

We had a decent raid setup and split the group into something like.

Group 1 (Downstairs) Group 2 (upstairs)
    7 Mostly Melee DPS 7 Dps most casters (2 hunters as well)
    2 Tanks, Warrior and druid 1 Tank Warrior
    3 Healers, Priest, Druid, Shaman 3 Healers, 2 Shaman, 1 Paladin

Anyway, Group 2 was fine, no problems unless we subbed out a healer

Group 1 was having serious issues though. We mostly tried to focus Evokers i guess ( i was healing) and aoeing when we could, along with dispels for the heals etc. And it just seemed like we were not killing anything, Adds started stacking up, melee would pull agro if they Aoe'd too much. And eventually there would just be way to many adds and heals would be overwhelmed (I want to add we Have very strong healers, and pretty decent dps downstairs)

We only did about 8 attempts or maybe a few more before we called it a night since it was getting late.

I just was wondering if anyone else had problems on this fight or if it was just a lol roflstomp loot piniata.. I'll post WMO once i get it up, its being slow tonight.

Thank you in advance.

*also i'd like to note, the first attempt the downstairs was doing great and the upstairs messed us up.. We didnt really do anything different on the first attempt from what i remember. Maybe we were just doing mad nasty AOE.

Re: Thorim 25 Help

sorry for the double posts.

From what ive seen now using WMO is that alot of guilds are putting alot more dps down then upstairs..

still would like to see some input though

have your rogues cycle fan of knives with TotT to each of the tanks.

Personally I would use a prot pally there (me) with a druid backup for 360 degree swipe. We used the same setup otherwise, 12 low, 13 on the tunnel. Killed him the second time he dropped.

Used 1 SP, 1 Warlock for other AOE down low. Macro'd HoP for the SP when alot of mobs were up so they could Sear as hard as they wanted.
    80 Paladin (x2), 80 Shaman (x3), 80 Rogue (x2), 80 Mage, 80 Death Knight, 80 Priest, 80 Warrior, 80 Hunter

We have one rogue : /

but yeah.. I think that would work great, all I know is our one rogue does solid dps but QQ's his head off.. so in all honesty i doubt he was doing that (just from his shit ass attitude : /). lol

Also we have no prot pally, though we may have a DK respec next time we go in.