Profession for Elemental Shaman

What should i take?? , now i have skinning + herbs, but i wonna take on a profession that will boost my dps..

Re: Profession for Elemental Shaman

Engineering. For da lawls, of course.

In actuality, it's not that bad a proff. Repair bots and such are nice, but if you're going for a cheap way to maximize dps, take Skinning/Leatherworking.

Crit and SP.

the best two professions for an ele shaman in bc was lw and enchanting. now in wotlk your professions are( can be) geared with perks in mind, and not uber patterns and crafted sets, you have to look at what gives you the most freedom from professions to max your dps. now, (and i dont know if this will change for ulduar) for an ele shaman it seems you have to change around your gems alot to stay hit capped, or to keep with a haste rating or crit ect. with that being said, though it is the most expensive way to go, to get the MOST out of two professions dps wise you would want to go bs/jc. bs would give you the ability for two extra gems, and jc would ensure that a meta gem would work regardless. it would also help you get hit capped alot easier. jc/enchanting would also work, but not as good. and yes, again, i understand that it would cost alot of money to get these professions up to par. but hey, raiding is expensive <

tnx for the swift replies - Will consider what proff to take up (checking gold as we speak )

Engineering does have its use for elem chaman:

- Boots sprint enchant saved my more often that I can remember, even after its duration nerf. In arena it's priceless to get behind a pillar quick.
    - Haste glove enchant bound to my Flame Shock shortcut (due to its low cooldown) is perfect to get your FS/LC/CL/Frost shock through in a BG before the oponent even realizes you are there. Nice in PVE too where deciding when to unleash your damage is often better than constant power (Glove haste+trinket+orc racial+Elem mastery+Bloodlust = joy).
    - Cloack parachute enchant for happy flying thunderf*cking, and save your dignity when your Thunderstorm is spell reflected at the Lumber Mill.

ATM best "buffing" profs are JC, ench, LV (probably inscription can be good too - cant be rly sure). As for me, i got JC and ench - both can be good support for money making (ofc if u have ore-farming twink.

My english was bad, but since I left EU for my own loc. server it become even more bad. Sorry for leaving You, EU :P

Hi there, im just starting to level my shaman. Currently level 23. My professions are tailoring and leatherworking, since my main is skinning and mining.

Are the professions above that ive chosen appropriate for my ele shammy? or choose another? since ulduar has come out.

thanks

Grunt
    15+ Year Old Account

Jewelcrafting.

JC/alch

32 sp dmg dragon's eye gems > new epic gems 23 spell dmg

mixology gives you 2h flasks again, and(dont quote me on this) i believe as a mixologist you gain extra benefits from your potions/elixirs/flasks

not sure how well the skinning crit rating would be, or the new engineering stuff, the boot enchant from eng for rocket boots does passive crit now, and theres the arcanoweave parachute that gives spell damage, and the haste glove enchant with a really short CD....

i think you'd just have to play with it :

I'm tailoring / enchanting

Tailoring gives Lightweave on cloak (chance to proc +250SP on cast) since 3.1. It procs at a good rate. Also gives nice cheap leg armour.

Enchanting only gives a 'pure' 38SP boost (19 on each ring) but it's a boost none the less and helpful in general terms.

Armory Link
    Life's like a salmon swimming upstream - Hard work, and sometimes you get eaten by bears.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromp
    Jewelcrafting.

jc is fantastic for the 32sp gems or 27hit if your lacking hit rating and also it covers meta gems as the jc only gems fit any slot and give socket bonus so you never have to worry about meta gem issues

tailoring/enchanting are nice for reasons ppl have allready mentioned but jc is a must
    Sometimes you just have to stop healing some people to prove a point, if they don't listen, it's really their own fault :P

While all professions have there own pro's and con's, anything besides a gathering profession will benifit you about the same.

JC - 3 prismatic gems means you have no problem satisfying your meta req. (Will become less valuable as Epic gems come out)

BS - Extra slots will become more valuable as your gems become better.

Enchant - +19 SP to rings is nice. 2x 19 == 38. While atm, 3x 32 (Runed Dragon Eye) - 3x 19 (Runed Scarlet Rubies) == 39 SP.

Inscription - Good if you are too lazy to buy your Hodir Rep (Or farm / dailies) for shoulder chants.

Thats all that is on the top of my head atm. Everything else is just meh imho.

I'd say JC is a no brainer here. Prismatic gems appear, to me, to be the profession buffs in the game right now. Of course I'm biased because I'm a JC, and one should also consider that I'm speaking entirely from opinion.

I'd go JC/Enchanting or JC/Inscription. If you're not rich as hell mining is good to level with JC and can make u some decent money in the meantime (though the buffs from the prof aren't very beneficial outside of pvp or tanking roles).
    Level 80 Draenei Shaman - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Malorne&n=Sh%C3%A4mwow

I'm Enchanting/Inscription

I'd like to get JCing, but my pally alt is already a JCer :/

Quote Originally Posted by tiimmy
    Enchant - +19 SP to rings is nice.&#160; 2x 19 == 38.&#160; While atm, 3x 32 (Runed Dragon Eye)&#160; - 3x 19 (Runed Scarlet Rubies) == 39 SP.
    Remember that dragon eyes are prismatic, meaning they match any slot.&#160; This is important because:
    1) you can match those blue/yellow slots that give a meaningful socket bonus (SP/crit/haste).
    2) our best meta (Chaotic Skyflare) requires two blue gems to activate and using dragon eyes meets this requirement.&#160;

Assuming a non-JC activates this meta by using two purple SP/stam gems in his gear, you're actually gaining quite a bit more than 39 SP by being a JC.&#160; A more accurate calculation would be:
    3x 32 (Runed Dragon Eye) - 1x 19 (Runed Scarlet Ruby) - 2x 9 (Glowing Twilight Opal) = 59 SP, plus whatever socket bonuses you manage to pick up.

Im JC/LW

cause u get the SP gems and i get the Bracer enchants from LW
    the 32 crit rating from skinning is useless

BS/Enchanting 19spx2 for the rings + 2 extra sockets

Once epic gems that are not unique begin to show up the gap in JC metas and what can be placed in your gear currently without JC will not be as significant as it is now. That is if new metas are not introduced into the game.

BS = 2 extra socket. (2x19sp) which is 38sp (You can expect BS to become the best profession with epic gem)

Alchemy = 2hours flask PLUS (Increase effect AND duration of a flask) 37SP
    Knowing that Spell power is THE best statistic for elemental shaman....

Enchanting = 2 ring enchant (2x19sp) which is 38sp also

JC = 3 special gem which are 32SP (32sp-19sp=13sp each) and give you flexibility to get item bonus (like +5 SP) so its 13sp x 3 + Bonus = 39SP + Bonus

LW = Crit rating.. not very good

Engineer = Some nice stuff now. Must calcul everything since the last patch

So I would go for JC/BS for the best possible combo.
    On my shaman, ill just keep my alchemy and get JC for the moment.
    Alchemy, enchanting and BS are almost the same for now.
    Just be sure to get JC