blood vs unholy tank

blood build:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...6&version=9767

+ : Very high TPS at single target, Alot of HP, Excellent for many physical dmg boses of ulduar, The gamble of spelldeflection is really useful.
    - : Low TPS on aoe tanking, Takes very high magic dmg if spelldeflection doesnt work, death is unavoidable if you forget to use CD's in some situations (iron council Steelbreaker).

Unholy build:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...6&version=9767

+ : Great magic dmg mitigation, Good at aoe tanking, Extremely useful on some ulduar trash mobs, Extremely durable on Iron council, Razor Scale, Thorim encounters, due the excellent CD dancing.
    - : Dies very fast if you miss atleast one CD, Low hp, quite low TPS on single target, not made for some of ulduar boses (ignis, kologram).

Correct me if i am wrong on something, but so far i see that DK tanks are forced to use both of this builds if they want to tank in ulduar.

Re: blood vs unholy tank

I'd rather have Death Rune Mastery over Spell Deflection. Other than that, I don't see anything wrong with your blood build, although I have dropped Scent of Blood in my tanking spec and have not been without RP when needed nor have I had problems with threat.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Zul%27jin&n=Malsarys

15+ Year Old Account

You... made an unholy build... that doesn't have gargoyle... or ghoul... or wandering plague... ... ....

... ...

That is all.

*edit* OR DESECRATION?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU MAN?!

I tank as frost. Frost is the superior tanking spec atm.

Quote Originally Posted by annarion
    You... made an unholy build... that doesn't have gargoyle... or ghoul... or wandering plague... ... ....

... ...

That is all.

Are you um... like retarded?
    Its a tank build you dumbass...
    Your post format prooves my first statement, the content too.
    And heh im plaing arround whit the 1 disease frost spec atm.

And check out glyph of disease instead of glyph of SS. Maybe it works, depends on the diseas duration after the 3 SS rotation.

... ...

That is all.

He's a tank. Garg and Ghoul are useless (save for an occasional self-heal from Ghoul). Wandering Plague is crit-based, which you have little of as a tank. Desecration is debatable, though.

As a question to the OP: do you find you need both Dirge and SoB to generate RP? I think they might be a little over-kill, but I haven't tried UH tanking in a while.

You really NEED Death Rune Mastery to put out Blood's crazy single-target (or double-target) TPS. Spell Deflection is really too RNG to be that useful, imo, especially with the change to Blade Barrier. IMO, they should redesign it to be less RNG (say 10-20% equal to Parry + Dodge).

... ...

That is all.

Rule #1: know what you are talking about before you try to bag on some one...
    That is all.