Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ele sham dps feeling lower since patch?

Come to my attention my dps is not near as much as it was during nax content patch. Currently in full t7.5, i was pushing 4.8k on most bosses in nax with ease, Right now im struggling to push 3.7k on target dummies. From what other shaman have said to me is that there is some problem, that if you purchased duel spec your dps is extremely lowered, I have not found any blue posts about this, any other feed back that anyone has heard about this problem? Or feeling the same effects on your dps?

Re: Ele sham dps feeling lower since patch?

I'm not having an issue with lower DPS at all. Even considering the movement required for most Ulduar bosses, I've still be throwing out 4.3-4.8k dps on most bosses. On dummies I am only running approx 3.1-3.8k (typical results for me and a 3-5m fight), due to lack of buffs/debuffs. I am no where near BiS geared, but just know how to max DPS while not standing in one spot. Patchwerk is no more, so ya gotta learn how to move a bit and DPS.

As far as dummy DPS, you have every buff, every debuff, replenishment, and are doing the DPS on the approx time tables that you were for bosses? You gain anywhere from 10-15% crit, another 200ish SP, more haste, more magic damage taken, and are DPS'ing for approx 2-3.5m in a typical Naxx run.

That did not help to the slightist extent, I feel that it was needed to make a point that i was not buffed etc. on the target dummy, and i was in raid, and comparing the movement to nax content to ulduar content, As any other raider that has jumped to 25 man's, we are at the understanding that we do move alot more, I'm still seeing a large dps decrease, as does other elemental shamans on my server, including the elemental shaman in the first on server progression guild.

I do thank you for your feed back, dont get me wrong

without solid numbers to back it up, it's still just a feeling. The easiest way to figure it out would be to go back as a raid to patchwerk and test it out. Otherwise, dps will naturally be lower because people have a tendency to be overally cautious when it comes to new content.

And lets face it, after one run in Naxx, it became extremely clear that zerging was FTW, now with Ulduar, that's not really an option.

i have noticed it to...but i really don't want to pug Naxx and have to run for hours in that place again...and getting 25 people to go in and kill him with me from my guild will be tricky to

This work of art was made by Paz.

Quote Originally Posted by Thust
    From what other shaman have said to me is that there is some problem, that if you purchased duel spec your dps is extremely lowered, I have not found any blue posts about this, any other feed back that anyone has heard about this problem?
    This would be the most bizarre bug I think Blizzard would have ever created. I highly highly doubt they are linked in any way. Not saying something may be off, but I don't think it would point to dual-spec.

seems alot of elementals see it
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...73619486&sid=1
    is one post

Well I wouldn't put it past Blizz >.> . . . they have screwed up pretty big before with a change that affects so many things. Just thinking logically I don't know how it would do it unless it is not properly putting points back. To test it out an elemental could possibly switch to his elemental spec then unlearn talents and redistribute your points in the tree.

All our Ele shamans dps have increased by 200-400+ since patch including my alt shaman, maybe its just getting to grips with changes / glyphs etc?

My Awesome Sig Made By Shyama - Thank You!

We ran 10 man Naxx for a farm run, and all our DPS seemed lower with the exception of a retadin and rogue who jumped several hundread from normal.

I was pushing 3.7 - 4k on patch (10 man only) pre patch and I was struggling to beat 3.3 this run. Our mage also saw a 400 DPS drop on his normal average.

LvB was hitting lower, but I expected that with the swap to ToW glyph.

I went and spent almost an hour on a dummy just to be sure my rotation wasn't off, or instance lag playing tricks, but surely enough I couldn't break 3.1k (no raid buffs).

very strange.

Armory Link
    Life's like a salmon swimming upstream - Hard work, and sometimes you get eaten by bears.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrar
    This would be the most bizarre bug I think Blizzard would have ever created. I highly highly doubt they are linked in any way. Not saying something may be off, but I don't think it would point to dual-spec.
    I would not be so sure. On the ptr my Druid was dual spec with feral and tree. Outside of ulduar I switched from feral to tree but kept alll my feral talents. Obviously this was fixed, but any system that modified your talents like this is capable of containing little bugs that could potentially modify dps. One example comes from a forum post reporting elemental oath no longer proccing. This could be die to a failure of the new dual spec system to properly reactivate the talent when you respec.

This is peculiar though, hopefully it gets sorted out, after all the crap elemental have taken this really sucks if it's true.

I'm noticing a decrease in overall damage, but looking at 2 week old logs of Naxx and the past few days logs of Ulduar(dual specced), the individual spell damage numbers are actually higher for Ulduar. LB, LvB, FS initial and ticks, and even CL are all higher than they were in naxx and the only gear change was a belt from Leviathan. Overall, though, my damage is down significantly. I just attributed it to the fact that all of the fights are very mobile and not elemental friendly.

When the patch came out, i did not purchase duel spec, and did the new 10 man VoA new boss, pushing 5.1k on trash, getting up to 5.3k on the boss himself, i had purchased duel spec later that day, the next day we have 25 man ulduar, were i had seen my Dps plumit. topping 4k, the dps was clear, i could see and record my LB the previous day doing 9k-10k crits, LvB for 14k, the next day i could make 6k LB's mybe... and sometime make if over 9k LvB, it was a very clear stage were my dps had changed, mybe it was duel spec, mybe not, i might just have to make ticket, and check some other forum's to be certain. But to me, and what looks like thousands of others, the diffrence is clear. My concern might have been, switching specs back and forth, even tho i had switched to elemental spec, and there's points in the talent, the talent might not be working, do to this "bug", again please keep posting on this subject, the more information the better.

Thank you

saw a lot of stuff on the WoW forums about Elemental Oath not properly proc'ing. doesnt seem like much rite? boomkin aura goes up instead of it(never stacked anyway), so theres the 5% crit, but the fine print states...

Clearcasting only provides the 10% extra spell damage on your next cast IF elemental oath is active.

no more 10% spell damage from CC procs, ~8-10% drop in DPS depending on your crit rating

could take people down 500-1k dps easily... wtb less bugs?

~~2 Cents inserted here. Enjoy.

edit: grammar fails.... that is all

There is definitely something wrong with the Shaman.

In forums all over the world there are Elementals complaining about their DPS which are lower than they should be. And it is not explainable with the Elemental Mastery- and Mage-nerf.

I'm from Germany what makes me not able to write in the US forum, but when someone reads this post and feel like the same (and has an US-account) it is maybe a good idea report this to the official bug-forum. This maybe forces Blizzard to do something.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...74310607&sid=1
    (Elemental Oath Bug)
    or here
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...73609272&sid=1
    (Lava Burst)

I've noticed a reduced lightning bolt, too, so it could be that either the Elemental Oath- (I believe it's this) or the Shamanism-Talent is buggy at the moment.

So far
    an Ele who feels misrable!

Illunis is right. The Boomkin aura is over-riding our Elemental Oath, which also removes the bonus damage from CC. That is more than likely the issue for all of us because we are losing that 10%. If Blizz changes CC to work with Boomkin aura our dps should change substantially.

Has anyone tried running a boss with a boomer, then without to see if there is a difference?

here is a post on the BUG FIX FORUM
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...73761015&sid=1
    check it out a blue responded..

well, patch today and all talents have been refunded and as thus everyone's is reset. So maybe there is some truth to something happening when switching specs.

well seems like some people see it and some don't ...i don't know why what i do know is my dps is terrible atm...its not a learn to play issue eigther

Quote Originally Posted by cyloria
    heres some testing i did

here is some proof pic of lb damage now
    http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...209_001617.jpg

pic of damage in T6 before LK on ptr
    http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...208_231709.jpg

this ones of Lava
    http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...209_001629.jpg
    and i have 2 pieces of ulduar 25 gear now hands and belt

Get hit caped maybe ?!

Tho ive noticed the same thing , My dps as Elemental is alot lower then it used to be . WTB dat fixed asap