Ulduar DPS- "Behind The Boss"

I play a full dps feral druid and my guild is working on clearing ulduar 25 and i have dps'ed 3 fights now that i cant be behind the boss for all or atleast part of the boss. XT-002 Deconstructor (the heart dps part), Kologarn(the whole fight arms and him) , Auriaya (can get behind her adds but not the boss). Now most of the time i would say what ever ,but this is a huge dps loss for me like over 1.5k and i find it very annoying that they made fights that i cant do very good dps on at all.

Re: Ulduar DPS- "Behind The Boss"

I love Feral, but as Tanking. Never interested in Full raid dps as Cat. Maybe you need to explore alternatives? duelspec boomkin?
    Quote Originally Posted by firehorsereturns View Post
    Thank you. I forgot my lunch money at home today, but after the buffet of tears you layed out for us, I am finding my self stuffed..... I don't think i could eat another bite.

Lol not a bad idea but i juat dont think that they should make a fight that i cant dps on i should not have to spell dps jsut becsue of their flaw in the fight

i think it's possible to be behind kolorgan/arms.

our dps found a spot where it seemed to work.

o ok i will try next time thx ;D

Lol not a bad idea but i juat dont think that they should make a fight that i cant dps on i should not have to spell dps jsut becsue of their flaw in the fight
    every class has a fights that are unfriendly to there play style.

this just seems like flat out QQ tbh.

there is no flaw in these fights.
    and as suggested no one is making you go kitty for these fights.

every class SHOULD have fights that hold them back to some degree. that should be the nature of a good raid.

i understand 1.5k is a big loss. but i would hate to see them change encounters or game mechanics just for sake of some kitties on some fights.

There actually are spots, though the Heart on XT for example is way back for example. The hit box is definitely wonky.

If you're in 25 man (or 10 man if you're lucky to have one), watch a rogue with Killing Spree, they'll wind up exactly behind the mob and then you can just stand on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kale144
    Auriaya (can get behind her adds but not the boss).
    Why? Last time I checked Sonic Screech has a casting time and there's plenty of time to move to the front of the boss.
    "Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one."
    - Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by lalartu

How many fights are more ranged unfriendly than melee?

Quote Originally Posted by shiftynou

How many fights are more ranged unfriendly than melee?
    Every fight that has ranged dps with cast times moving more than once every 5 seconds is a handicap fight that ranged dps must compensate for. Hunters are very, VERY lucky that the majority of their attacks are instant cast. Mages, warlocks, etc. have it much harder for any cast-time spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Mages, warlocks, etc. have it much harder for any cast-time spells.
    WTS Affliction. Also note that the arcane and fire mages in my guild still roll charts. Not to mention there is no reason cry considering the sheer amount of crap melee has had to and still deals with. IE 5-10 people in one place -> voidzone/ice on KT.

And before you start saying Ulduar is nicer to them don't forget Thorims chain lightning insta-gibbing for 55k from all the bounces, being unable to chill in beams on Hodir (plus the increased chance at the ice falling on them due to stacking), etc. Plus you may not realize it, but any time we have to move we lose DPS as well because losing contact with the boss = flat dps loss.

I can see why every fight should favor a different kind of dps...but every class should be able to use their main damaging ability on every boss. Shred requires people to be behind the target.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

WTS Affliction. Also note that the arcane and fire mages in my guild still roll charts. Not to mention there is no reason cry considering the sheer amount of crap melee has had to and still deals with. IE 5-10 people in one place -> voidzone/ice on KT.

And before you start saying Ulduar is nicer to them don't forget Thorims chain lightning insta-gibbing for 55k from all the bounces, being unable to chill in beams on Hodir (plus the increased chance at the ice falling on them due to stacking), etc. Plus you may not realize it, but any time we have to move we lose DPS as well because losing contact with the boss = flat dps loss.
    this reeks of inexperience. have you only raided in WotLk?

everyone face-rolls Wotlk don't pretend otherwise.
    you claim melee deal with more shit yet you fail to mention the fact that you have more armor and health to deal with said shit.

and by using your logic in the beginning of the quote
    WTS Affliction
    well almost every melee class has dots as well X) problem solved amirite?
    just hit it with ur dots.

you claim melee deal with more shit yet you fail to mention the fact that you have more armor and health to deal with said shit.
    I, as an Enhancement Shaman, have less health than any survival Hunter and less armor than a boomkin or elemental shaman.

A cat druid or rogue has less health AND armor than a survival hunter, and quite likely any hunter. They also have tons less armor than an Elemental Shaman or Boomkin.

Lolwut?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trellen/simple (Enhancement PvE)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...l/alamo/simple (Boomkin/Guardian, PvE)

No, I'm not the real Alamo, just a guy who liked his work.

this reeks of inexperience. have you only raided in WotLk?

everyone face-rolls Wotlk don't pretend otherwise.

and by using your logic in the beginning of the quote
    well almost every melee class has dots as well X) problem solved amirite?
    just hit it with ur dots.
    And when you lollygag around and mechanics will instagib tanks let alone plate melee, all that extra armor and health is going to improve your DPS amirite?

You can shred xt's heart. But i do take a huge dps hit on kologarn. Different classes do better on different fights. That's just how it is. Just be grateful that most of our dmg comes from rip now rather than shred.

this just seems like flat out QQ tbh.

there is no flaw in these fights.
    and as suggested no one is making you go kitty for these fights.

every class SHOULD have fights that hold them back to some degree. that should be the nature of a good raid.

i understand 1.5k is a big loss. but i would hate to see them change encounters or game mechanics just for sake of some kitties on some fights.
    It is a definite problem when having a particular class becomes a detriment to the raid. Encounters that punish a particular class for no apparent reason is just bad design. They could easily make Kologorn ignore directional requirements, and itd change nothing about the actual fight.

It's only a matter of time before shred, like mutilate before it, loses the direction requirement.

They said they didn't want bears to have 360 swipe too.

Just QQ enough and it'll get fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkimpact

He's not the one crying. It's the guy he's responding to.

Melee love to cry about their positioning all the time but underestimate the drawbacks ranged characters have to deal with. I've been playing since release day of vanilla and can attest that it usually comes out even. In fact, for almost all of vanilla, warriors and rogues came out on top. In TBC, it was up and down, with melee being crappy before 2.0, better in 2.1 and ceding to hunters at the end.